1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

A Nature Lovers Thread....

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by bamafan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Mykonos Island Old Port.....
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. haydaddict

Now i saw your question sorry
    It used to have 1200+ residents in its prime 50 yrs ago...but you know what happens with villages...now it has around 30 permanent living all around the yr and 3 shops/taverns/ :p

Its about 1 hr away from a ''big'' town..and 4 hrs from my home....:D

Magge likes this.
  3. bamafan

bamafan Staring at (.)Y(.) ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks Hayd, looks very nice.

4. vilecomfort

vilecomfort Kill 'Em All!

Didn't find this thread until a couple days ago, and have had fun going through all the pics posted here! Unfortunately, I've always shot 35mm so these scans are not very good resolution... I'll get my Canon D soon enough! First group was taken in New Hampshire '06 followed by a few cool sunset shots in Bristol, RI '05ish.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. haydaddict

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My garden from above!
    [​IMG]

S-type, Fallen69, Magge and 5 others like this.
  6. vilecomfort

vilecomfort Kill 'Em All!

Wow... excellent panoramas! I know some people dig it, but if I had to live in a congested area with that many people so close to me, i think id shoot myself haha. Living in California was one thing... tons of people, but plenty of areas to escape. Out here on the east coast of the US, its nice to have a little space... but id still like to move back out West one day. Thanks for the pics!

7. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

can't remember if I posted these, if I did sorry.

last year in my hometown 128 millemeters or 5.04 inches of rain fell in 24 hours. we only have gravel roads, no pavement up here.

so check out the results of all that rain.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Some very different views of seagulls

Jack Tripper, S-type, smi and 10 others like this.
  9. bamafan

That's cool Magge, go to a zoo that had that glass view set up?

Magge likes this.
  10. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Nope, at the office ! :)

11. MV84

MV84 Getting By Unnoticed

Random Sky Pics that I took with my phone.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have some that I took with my camera but they are 4mb pics and I can't find a host to post them with.

Jack Tripper, S-type, 2001pm and 9 others like this.
  12. Magge

Great pics MV84 ! :D

Thanks !

13. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

nice ones, MV!

if you want try apps like www.xnview.com and downsize your camera-pics - 2000x1000px, for example, that would make some 800KB - and try one of the usual imagehosts.

thanks everyone for adding to the phun-world-photoalbum! ;)

Magge likes this.
  14. Magge

Any chance that one of You PS wizzards can do something witk my seagulls pics ?

As the glass is bended the sky looks a bit strange .... :(

15. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Photographer

Magge, I suspect the moray pattern in the glass is the result of either a polarizer layer in the window glass itself - polarizer filter on your lens(?) - or combination of the two.

Its the same effect I get when I'm wearing my polarized shades while driving my car and looking through the side window (also polarized).

I tried a few things with one of the shots, but with no real improvement.

Magge likes this.
  16. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

My solution. Replace the window. Not my best cutting job but you get the idea. If there is another cloud formation you'd like and dont want to search far, there are a few to choose from in my Textures thread.

[​IMG]

17. bamafan

Very nice MV, thanks!

18. Magge

I only used a UV filter, so it has to be the window.
    Think it was a difficult shot as the sun was shining bright into the glass too.
    Thanks for trying ! :)

Thanks Silent ! :D
    That`s much better !
    I soo have to take a course in PS.

Sometimes it`s just a bit sad that the camera, even a fairly good one, can`t catch what the eye sees and one has to "fix" it with a program...

SilentB likes this.
  19. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

I soo have to get a digital camera and take another photography course :)

Magge likes this.
  20. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Yep, most people don't reflect on this but indeed the human eye is a wonderous lense and it will take a revolution in digital photography to even come close.

Been yo yoing on that for half a year now but a decent fx (full frame) camera (like the Nikon d700) is way beyond my budget at this time.
    The Nikon d90 seems pretty good but is still dx format and I got a feeling that within some years they'll launch an affordable fx camera
    for the amateur market.

That being said, I've searched the netz for some time and looked at some reviews/comparisons between the old film cameras and the digital ones
    and strangely there's still quite a difference.

So I'm gonna stick to my old Nikon F-801 and even older Pentax for the time being ... although good film (36 exposures) costs around € 6.

Magge likes this.