1. We had some issues with updating / uploading the avatars. We _think_ we have fixed the problem. Please try it for yourself and see if you can change your avatar (if you want a new one that is :)) Otherwise, please keep reporting problems in the official thread. Thank you! :)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. As of April 1st 2017 turboimagehost.com & pimpandhost.com have been added to our Approved Imagehost List. Feel free to use them in all our sub-forums at your pleasure.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Ashley Graham - does she belong in Sports Illustrated?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Big Bamboo!, Feb 15, 2017.

1. I_Jerk_Off_Alot

I_Jerk_Off_Alot Most Improved Member Best Member Name

I looked at her pictures again because I can't believe this is still a thing. We're giving it too much attention. She does nothing for me, none of the models do really but her most of all. I would think if you are trying to sell those swimsuits like they claim you'd want the women in them to look exceptionally hot. Not "I'm fat and that's okay" mildly attractive.

tacomaguy20 likes this.
  2. I love curves

I love curves New Member

Yes, she's incredible looking.

3. DSNY

DSNY Well-Known Member

To quote Kate Upton

"“Every page you flip through, every woman is different, different shape, different size and different age,” she says. “The one thing that’s consistent through the magazine is that they feel confident and they feel good, and they exude that.”

Amen

donkey likes this.
  4. Gpoop

Gpoop New Member

No I don't agree with Ashley being in SI. SI shouldn't be giving into the pressures of society. SI swimsuit edition is about fantasy. No guy fantasizes about an average girl. We think about banging women would could never possibly get. Society needs accept the artists vision. Take Victoria's Secret. They have a certain aesthetic. If people don't like the typical models they use for their catalogues then they need to go make their own damn line and use the models you want to see.

tacomaguy20 and Sonicboom like this.
  5. DSNY

DSNY Well-Known Member

Sports Illustrated’s mission statement, “Sports Illustrated is about sports and the human spirit that makes us who we are.”

When they put the shoots together I don't think 'the best wank material' was highest on the agenda. It's about diversity. I'm sure there are people (who would never admit it) that don't like seeing black girls in the magazine, who are maybe not 'turned on' by black girls and yet no one is ever going to post that.
    It seems ok though to pick on the fat girl...who I would never actually describe as "fat". She has more meat on her bones yes, she is a 'plus size' model and probably makes a great deal of money and is incredibly happy with her life and her body.
    "No guy fantasizes about an average girl"
    If that were true there wouldn't be such an interest in Amateur sections of forums like this. Just check the view counts. There is a HUGE interest in "average" girls.

I'm not hearing complaints about Aly Raisman or Serena Williams. Two girls who certainly do not have perfect 10 figures and I'm sure (to some) are not 'wank material'....let's throw them out as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
    donkey likes this.
  6. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin time to glaze the donuts Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Several of us are taking shots at Ashley Graham on the grounds that athletes are better candidates for the swimsuit edition, as a compromise between dude logic and PC logic, than plain ol' chubby chicks.

And if we could turn down the gay fashion logic that favors long skinny legs and lean buttocks, we might get some healthy round butts that would make a lot of dudes happy without setting an unattainable model for women.

7. afro

afro Well-Known Member

Why is gatekeeping for a photoshoot even a thing, with Kate Upton's large tits I can't honestly think what sport she'd be good in that requires a lot of activity, I like Kate Upton but usually the bigger the breast size the more detriment it is inside of a sport.

8. Paul Christopher

Paul Christopher Well-Known Member

Kate Upton- SI? Hell yes... so why not Ash? Many athletes are so lean when they are in "fighting trim" that they would come across as anorexic in swimwear. Others, well, just image a female shot-put champ in a thong for a mo'- want that image on the cover? Can't deny she's athletic, nor that she's world class. Does she fulfill men's fantasies? Probably does for some...

It's all subjective. Cheryl Tiegs, who looked like ten million dollars when she was on the cover, was about as athletic as a bowl of macaroni while she blew many young minds in that white fishnet, and she's admitted it. Yet I'd have her, Bo Derek, and the somewhat surprisingly muscular Kaley Cuoco on the cover any day. So what? They look good in swimsuits, and that's all that matters.

9. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen Well-Known Member

o_O

Seriously? So you think they put supermodels in bikinis and body paint to, what, fight world hunger?

WAT?

Dude, it's about chicks who look good in bikinis. I might think Serena Williams looks like a man, but there are plenty of dudes who think she's stunning and brave. The common denominator is that none of them, until now, are fatties.

tacomaguy20 likes this.
  10. spiderswims

spiderswims Phun Times Staff Member Ten Years of Phun ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Gayest Member King of Phun Best Contributor - Creative Backyard Best Contributor - Celebrity Photos

So this thread is pretty much all about calling her fat? Fun times. :(

J3scribe and sleazoid like this.
  11. RKS

RKS Above Average

I don't think she should be in Sports Illustrated. All this 'promoting a healthy body image' stuff is pretty stupid really - being overweight isn't healthy at all and shouldn't be promoted as such. Stopping overweight kids from harming themselves, stopping bullies - that's important stuff but it doesn't mean being overweight is okay. It's very unhealthy. I should know, I'm significantly overweight. I don't think people should all be nice and lovely about it and invite me to do things that sporty people do, I'm embarrassed about it.

tacomaguy20 likes this.
  12. DSNY

DSNY Well-Known Member

You probably don't realize what a hypocrite that makes you sound, so I wont bother trying to explain it.

13. afro

afro Well-Known Member

Overweight and out of shape aren't the same thing though, and I'm not sure by looking at the photoshoot it's enough distinction to make a claim she's unhealthy and overweight.

14. hoody123

hoody123 Well-Known Member

Don't kid yourself, she's just as unobtainable as any other.

IMO, she's insanely gorgeous.

15. futureprez2016

futureprez2016 ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I would take an an untouched photo of Ashley Graham over an airbrushed and photoshopped version of her.

beruud likes this.
  16. DSNY

DSNY Well-Known Member

I think the problem is whether people think of this issue as 'wank fodder' or whether they think it should reflect a diverse selection of modern women.

Plus, one mans wank fodder is not to everyone's choosing. I certainly wouldn't throw her out of bed.
    I'm also not sure she could be termed as "obese"....she's over the ideal weight for her height yes but who are we to say she isn't healthy.

I've also heard people say she shouldn't be in there as a role model but considering the vast amount of people who are overweight in the world today I would say that's a good reason to have her in there. There are millions of girls who will never, ever have the stick insect figures like some of these girls but to see someone who is over weight achieve something like this could well give them the push to at least try and improve their lifestyle and lose some weight.

Anyway, I think my 2 cents is over :)

17. nutting in your anus

nutting in your anus Well-Known Member

You could never possibly get Ashley Graham.

18. nutting in your anus

Ashley Graham is unobtainable and way out of your league.

19. nutting in your anus

Serena Williams is in the same issue.

20. J3scribe

J3scribe non requisite Staff Member Most Awesome Thread ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Probably not. She's not an Olympic goddess. She's just a woman like any other. Be careful of whom you put on pedestals, they may not like it.