1. We had some issues with updating / uploading the avatars. We _think_ we have fixed the problem. Please try it for yourself and see if you can change your avatar (if you want a new one that is :)) Otherwise, please keep reporting problems in the official thread. Thank you! :)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. As of April 1st 2017 turboimagehost.com & pimpandhost.com have been added to our Approved Imagehost List. Feel free to use them in all our sub-forums at your pleasure.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Some of you might have problems logging-in. It's some sort of database error, we're looking into it! Thanks for your patience! (Meanwhile the "Forgotten your Password?" routine might help?)
    Dismiss Notice

SPORTS GlassD's REAL Football Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GlassD, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! .... ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Funniest Phunner

:lol:

2. Flippy

Flippy Dont Mind If I Do. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:D

3. Funkyboyroy

Funkyboyroy PG and Yayboobies Bitch ! Ten Years of Phun

:lol:

4. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Not really....

5. Big Bamboo!

Messi scores 5 :shock:

6. AFX

AFX The funky drummer.

He's just astonishing, and still only 24. At this rate he'll beat Pele's disputable goal tally and there'll be no questioning it because it'll all be on record.

1 person likes this.
  7. haydaddict

I'll be drinking a beer when he goes down in flames.....

8. AFX

AFX The funky drummer.

Well he is on fire right now.

2 people like this.
  9. Big Bamboo!

Got to agree... He is very special :yup:

1 person likes this.
  10. rappy

rappy just a filthy mudblood ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Messi is a genius but I feel he need's to prove himself away from Barca prove that he can do it ANYWHERE like Zidane, Ronaldo did

1 person likes this.
  11. me_so_horny

me_so_horny 10 inch

I for one would like to see Messi in the Prem.

No easy games, some of the Spanish sides don't even try - Stoke away, that would be a nice little stroll for Messi.

He's an amazing footballer but needs to prove it away from the Camp Nou, his away goal stats are pretty poor and his International record is shite.

Come to The Lane Messi!

Ps. 3-1

1 person likes this.
  12. rappy

rappy just a filthy mudblood ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-agree-Lukas-Podolski-deal.html#ixzz1oV1WIgbh

13. haydaddict

He cant....and there are even signs in Barcelona that he cant....
    Remove Xavi and Iniesta....and you disappear Messi's magic from Barcelona!!

14. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, Spammer of the Year Ten Years of Phun ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

“His class is just extraordinary, there's no discussion. Without Messi, Barca are the best team and with him, they are in another galaxy”

Bayer Leverkusen boss Robin Dutt
    ;)

2 people like this.
  15. A.tab

Lionel Messi became the first player to score five goals in a Champions League fixture as brilliant Barcelona crushed Bayer Leverkusen 7-1 to cruise into the last eight.

Haters will hate but people who matter have already declared him special...;););)

The Argentine has now scored 53 goals in 49 games for club and country this season, moving him to within seven goals of becoming the club's record scorer.

Cesar Rodriguez struck 235 times during a 13-year stint at the Nou Camp but Messi looks set to eclipse that before his 25th birthday.

At times he appeared to be playing on an entirely different level as he brought his phenomenal tally up to 228 goals in 311 appearances - which includes 186 in his last 201 games - and condemned the Germans to a 10-2 aggregate defeat.

16. haydaddict

From the guy that lead his team to the second biggest defeat in CHL....:roll:

17. A.tab

Mario Balotelli tells Noel Gallagher he needs to mature;)
    In a BBC exclusive interview with musician Noel Gallagher, Manchester City's Mario Balotelli admits he has to grow up.

18. AFX

AFX The funky drummer.

Whilst I'd love to see him ply his trade in another league, I just can't see it happening. Barcalona is like a second family to him and they also happen to be an amazing team that fit his style perfectly. He's also pretty shy and reserved and would probably struggle to settle in another country.

Incidentally, his relatively poor international record is more down to the fact that Argentina are a shambles in terms of management since he's been in the side. They have possibly the best attackers in world football but lack top quality defenders and have had a series of frankly incompetent managers, who haven't been able to make their mark given the pool of talent at their disposal.

Also, this take away Iniesta and Xavi and he's a poor player argument is a total fallacy. Yes they both contribute hugely to the team, but so many of the goals Messi has scored in the last few years have involved pieces of individual brilliance that had nothing to do with them.

1 person likes this.
  19. A.tab

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. haydaddict

You know they beat them....and the pitch wasnt tilting!