1. We had some issues with updating / uploading the avatars. We _think_ we have fixed the problem. Please try it for yourself and see if you can change your avatar (if you want a new one that is :)) Otherwise, please keep reporting problems in the official thread. Thank you! :)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. As of April 1st 2017 turboimagehost.com & pimpandhost.com have been added to our Approved Imagehost List. Feel free to use them in all our sub-forums at your pleasure.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Update on the log-in problems May 29th. It seems like we will have to invalidate ALL passwords of all users. In order to login you'll have to use the "Forgot your password?" option and reset your password. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but Xenforo developer told us it's the only option. The reset will most likely happen on Monday 29th - with an update prior to the reset. Make certain your email in your profile is up to date!! Update: Due to some issues with the "forgot password tool" we pushed the reset back and now it will happen either Tuesday or Wednesday 30th - 31th

SPORTS GlassD's REAL Football Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GlassD, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Flippy

Flippy Dont Mind If I Do. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i know its only for fun but recently Madrid has been the better side of the two teams.

2. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, Spammer of the Year Ten Years of Phun ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Real Madrid 1 Benzema 1
    Barcelona 3 Sánchez 30, Xavi 53, Fábregas 66

Saturday 10 December 2011 23.55 GMT

3. Flippy

In other news Michael Dawson of Tottenham got an injury against Stevenage in the FA Cup rematch and is likely to miss the remainder of the season with a kneeinjury.

4. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Barcelona-Real Madrid
    Competition:Copa del Rey
    Date: 20 April 2011
    0 - 1
    103' Cristiano Ronaldo
    (assist by Á. di María)

5. rappy

rappy just a filthy mudblood ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. elturko78

elturko78 Treu Anarchist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As an argentinian, I totally agree on that. I don't think we have a lack of quality defenders, we have a lot of good defenders. But the lack of coherent management from our last two coaches, Maradona & Batista, both without the scrolls to coach the national team, has been the main stone to transit a path of sucess.

2 people like this.
  7. AFX

AFX The funky drummer.

I haven't followed Argentina that closely recently so I sort of presumed they were still relying on older defenders such as Heinze, who are good and experienced, but lack pace and can get exposed at the back, such as what happened against Germany in the last World Cup. Your attack is incredible though and the likes of Pastore look like future superstars.

Really Argentina are in pretty similar situation to England, albeit with a much larger amount of top players to call on; ultimately you just need a decent manager to get the best out of them.

8. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, Spammer of the Year Ten Years of Phun ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Both Manchester teams lost:p

1 person likes this.
  9. Flippy

i should be pissed about our poor display last night and sure im not happy about it. But man the athletic Bilbao team played some attractive football and deserved every bit of it. Its not hard to like them for their stubborn approach to only allow local players to play for their team.

2 people like this.
  10. haydaddict

[video=youtube;NYI8yhney_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYI8yhney_Q[/video]

This guy...must have either ''killed the mothers'' of all sport journalists....cause nooone says that he is a GOD or a MAGICIAN!!!!!Or he just doesnt play for Barcelona so that they can say he's good!!!!

11. AFX

AFX The funky drummer.

Neymar's probably the highest rated youngster in the game right now. It's only the enormous price tag that has put clubs off purchasing him as yet, and a few stories about his temperament. I've never read or heard journalists say anything other than great things about his talent and potential.

1 person likes this.
  12. haydaddict

But noone is acting like little girls at a Bieber concert when he scores....just as they do with Messi!!!Its ridiculous!!!!

13. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! .... ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Funniest Phunner

Doood! we understand you got some sort of problem with Messi however that does not make I blind bit of difference to him being arguably one of the best footballers to walk this Earth! It is what it is.

2 people like this.
  14. me_so_horny

me_so_horny 10 inch

It must be LOVE.

1 person likes this.
  15. pigger

pigger Tweedy's new boytoy Most Perverted Phunner ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

messi isnt greek or playing for Panthioakos, thats his problem :)

i think hes a little overrated too, that is a world class team built to highlight his strengths and hide his weaknesses, built specifically to make him look good. its hard to judge him fairly compared to others on such a team. plus if the media over there are anything like the media over here, they all get on their knees and take turns sucking him because they all think the same

1 person likes this.
  16. rappy

rappy just a filthy mudblood ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yeah but I still think he needs to test himself out of his comfort zone

1 person likes this.
  17. Mo

Mo LFC 4 Life ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

0ne word = Liverpool today POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
    Same old Liverpool. Still cant score goals. Its getting quite pathetic now. Get another Fucking striker.

18. haydaddict

Thank you....

19. elturko78

elturko78 Treu Anarchist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Neymar is way overrated, it reminds me Pato.

20. AFX

AFX The funky drummer.

I gotta say, whenever I've watched him so far he's been poor, and yet there are all these clips of him doing amazing skills and scoring great goals. He could go either way really by the looks of it.

Hayd, I actually more or less agree with you about the Messi and Barcelona love in with the media. I appreciate how good they are and do think Messi is the best player in the world right now, but it has got incredibly boring reading about it. Plus, barely any journalists write about the diving and cheating which some of their players do in most matches. Another thing to note is that they've almost certainly lost the league now, and, although they're obvious favourites, there's no guarantee they'll win the Champions League either, so the fact they still dominate the headlines is actually pretty disrespectful to other teams.

2 people like this.