1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Playboy to go non-nude

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by MrCreosote, Oct 13, 2015.

1. MrCreosote

MrCreosote

tipitipitipi likes this.
  2. Prevail69

Prevail69 Killing In The Name Of ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

surprised they lasted as long as they did.

Kinda sad actually that its going the way of the dinosaur... Young boys getting there hands on a Playboy was a magical thing lol.

8 people like this.
  3. godofhellfire

godofhellfire

They've been doing so much blatant airbrushing that I'm not sure any of it has actually been "nude" in decades anyway..

16 people like this.
  4. jk12012

jk12012

Total bummer,now we will never get to see certain celebrities naked,unless it's an accidental nip slip,fappenning release,or nude in a film! I think somewhere someone has to launch an internet magazine website of a new type of Playboy!

5. WolfX23

WolfX23 ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Don't know about that. With magazines like Paper, V, and the like, there are still place we can go to to find celebrity nude pictorials. Plus, with these other avenues, we're actually more likely to get the more unlikely girls too, as the books are consider as Fashion or Art, whereas Playboy has always been an Adult magazine.

6. chirken_doose

chirken_doose 15 Year Member

Considering how artificial their pictures have looked for years, I won't be shedding any tears.

2 people like this.
  7. MERPER

MERPER 15 Year Member

Might as well go out of business... awful, awful company for the last 5-10 years... simply pathetic

2 people like this.
  8. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

At last we'll see Selena Gomez in Playboy!

9. artorawley

artorawley

Hmm, I figured their sustaining source of revenue was in their digital/Playboy TV front, so I guess this makes the magazine even more irrelevant now. It was pretty telling over the past few years when celebrities took their clothes off for magazine s like Esquire, Vogue, W, and even no-name digital magazines like Paper and god knows what else instead of allowing their names to be associated with the stink that Playboy's held for years now. Who was the last significant celebrity to pose nude for Playboy? Was it Lindsay Lohan's terrible faux Marilyn Monroe shoot from years ago?

10. ruddiger

ruddiger

their marketing department kept hearing people say that they only read playboy for the articles and they believed it :dunno:

4 people like this.
  11. jbbb3

jbbb3

I hope this means there will still be full nudity on Playboy Plus and the Playboy Morning Show. I noticed the article didn't mention their alternate sites.

12. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

:lol:

13. kelly1066

kelly1066

good riddance to bad rubbish. the magazine has been the joke of the glamour industry for years now.

how can a mag that paid a fortune for famous women to go nude for them, but not let them; but then the women turn up in some other mag a few months later, fully nude, for half the cost..? i use the likes of kelly brook to illustrate this fact. heavily airbrushed bunny shoot, then not long after a full on full frontal shoot for ben hassett. (complete with streaks of red paint)

1 person likes this.
  14. dwells518

dwells518

I'm cancelling my subscription!

15. CaptainFan88

CaptainFan88

Just too bad it won't be before they stop with the Nudity!

16. Joe Freitag

Joe Freitag

Playboy announces "no more nudes" and gets massive publicity.
    In 4 months they can announce they are returning to including nudes - gets massive publicity.
    They are dying - they just want to hold out a few more years.

1 person likes this.
  17. chuckdee

chuckdee

The Playboy brand was the vision of Hugh Hefner, who sought to eliminate the hypocracy of sensorship and explore our freedom of rights in free speech and expression. It came in an era where the world was repressed and needed change. When sexual aids were introduced to prevent pregnancy, the magazine was in the right place at the right time. A new morality was ushered in, and Hef made his fortune during these years. The Playboy brand is so powerful, even their watered down version of the magazine has an audience. It's a similar situation with MTV and Rolling Stone, who could easily announce they no longer will feature music in their publications, and still have subscribers. The magazine we see today is run by Hef's daughter, or maybe by accountants and young MBA's who haven't a clue as to what Playboy represented. It has been over for a long time, but, the brand is still powerful, and this new marketting strategy makes sense. Playboy has become what it once rebelled against. So much for the sexual revolution.

4 people like this.
  18. dark_lodger

dark_lodger Ten Years of Phun

Now that's some shameful shit right there...

They should change the name of the magazine if they're gonna go non-nude, playboy should be synonymous with nude content. What's the point of keeping it alive, anyway? Playboy hasn't been relevant in years, since celebrities stopped getting naked in it.

19. dwells518

dwells518

I have always figured once Hef dies, the magazine will be done anyways!

20. kix

kix

They're still gonna fail. Here's a radical idea, STOP AIRBRUSHING EVERYTHING UNTIL IT LOOKS LIKE A PLASTIC DOLL.

Good riddance.

5 people like this.