1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The thread for reason, scientific study and truth.

Discussion in 'Funny Videos' started by Jammsbro, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Thought i might start of a thread of ideas that aren't just funny or weird but filled with ideas from remarkably intelligent people.

Zomgitcriss on islam 2

2. Jammsbro

AronRa's Foundational Falsehood of Creationism pt1.

sleazoid, maturales, ludocus and 4 others like this.
  3. SOLOK

SOLOK

Thanks for these amazingly logical links. I appreciate the comments, and Jammsbro! for having the balls to post this in a forum.

I have learned everything I could about everything I could get my hands on, and I moved further away from the amazingly ignorant, impossible to prove ideas. Something can NOT come from nothing, one does not simply snap his fingers and make a world. If such a thing is possible then, wink into existence a million dollars in the chair next to me right now... Hmm... strangely it did not occur. I believe that a truly productive and positive world
    cannot be based on negative thinking, guilt. Money buying forgiveness (through a tithe) and not correcting bad and destructive behaviour upon the victim is a travesty to the idea and spirit of justice. God is not justice, god is the perpetuation of fear in my opinion. The books say basically "Do all the stuff I say or I will not let you into heaven, instead your ass will burn for eternity." Not much of a choice is it? and here I thought I was free, how silly of me (sarcasm if that is not clear lol)

As it stands now, I consider myself agreeing with Humanistic Naturalism. Currently I am educating myself with the intricacies of continuous improvement in the industrial sector as it is my way of trying to make things more efficient, less costly, more environmental, and more sustainable. In 10 years I want to build a completely off the grid, and as fully a sustainable house as I can build
    LINK:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanistic_naturalism

It has been over 20 years and I have never wavered in my beliefs that I decided upon as child, can those of other beliefs say the same?

That's what I think, appreciate the venue for the rant

Thanks again for the post

4. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

More power to ya Jammsy but this thread has "more fights" written all over it.

maturales likes this.
  5. enterphun

enterphun

Where are the bewbies?

6. SOLOK

SOLOK

Perhaps, yet the fights here will not be nearly as vicious as say, the fighting that has been going on in Jerusalem for hundreds of years, and it's over what, a few artifacts that people are willing to die for? A piece of land that someone wrote in a book is deserved to them? I think that people need to take a hard look at what their beliefs are really doing, making the world a more violent place by creating and financing conflict and disparity. They find excuses to kill each other, rather than finding reasons to respect one another.

That is my viewpoint as a Humanistic Naturalist Atheist AKA infidel lol

7. X-Spectre

Thread seems to be dead but I'll just say that you're arguing with the wrong person about this particular subject... While I'm not an atheist (more of an Agnostic with Deist leanings) I think the arguments over 'holy' land and objects/buildings is idiotic, ideas and thoughts are another matter but to kill each other over them... pfffft.

8. Jammsbro

Thread isn't dead. Just because something doesn't get posted in every day doesn't mean it's dead. The internet attention span is proving to be lower and lower.

9. X-Spectre

Sorry to prematurely 'declare' your thread. ;)

Just seemed to me that there wasn't a lot of action and only 4 posters in it, didn't seem to be too promising. :)

10. Jammsbro

I expect it to be me alone who posts videos in here and if those videos can interest one person then it's worth it.

11. SOLOK

SOLOK

Thanks for the vids :D

Jammsbro likes this.
  12. Jammsbro

13. Jammsbro

A genuinely shocking look at the creationists idea of how things came to be. The lack of basic knowledge and outright lies that are being taught in religious schools is actually scary.

maturales and SOLOK like this.
  14. Gutex0

Gutex0 ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

15. Gutex0

Gutex0 ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

16. crookedfeet

crookedfeet

Jammsbro and SOLOK like this.
  17. Jammsbro

There's a whole campaign to free him. Christians are convinced that "brother Hovind" is the innocent victim of an evil atheist plot to destroy christianity.

SOLOK likes this.
  18. Jammsbro

SOLOK likes this.
  19. Jammsbro

Cannot believe i haven't posted this in here before.

Put to fullscreen. Turn it up and be inspired.

20. Jammsbro