1. We had some issues with updating / uploading the avatars. We _think_ we have fixed the problem. Please try it for yourself and see if you can change your avatar (if you want a new one that is :)) Otherwise, please keep reporting problems in the official thread. Thank you! :)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. As of April 1st 2017 turboimagehost.com & pimpandhost.com have been added to our Approved Imagehost List. Feel free to use them in all our sub-forums at your pleasure.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Update on the log-in problems May 29th. It seems like we will have to invalidate ALL passwords of all users. In order to login you'll have to use the "Forgot your password?" option and reset your password. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but Xenforo developer told us it's the only option. The reset will most likely happen on Monday 29th - with an update prior to the reset. Make certain your email in your profile is up to date!! Update: Due to some issues with the "forgot password tool" we pushed the reset back and now it will happen either Tuesday or Wednesday 30th - 31th

The TV Show Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Jack Tripper, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well Justingeist stared the rate a season of a tv show thread, but that was just for a particular season and not current stuff...so I thought I'd start this which can be for any and all tv talk from reviews of old shows to discussions of present shows.
    I know there is a specific thread Sci-fi shows, but they are also welcome here, as long as they are shows with story lines and not reality or game shows.

Well let's see how this goes, I'll post some reviews of the stuff I watch later.

2 people like this.
  2. Jack Tripper

Boardwalk Empire - I was rather disappointed by this, given that I haven't seen the full first season, only upto episode 5 or 6 but the general story line was moving far to slowly and not really heading towards anything....maybe I'll catch up to it later.

Big Love - This has to be one of the best shows airing now, and has been ever science it started.....maybe a bit too dramatical but done so well that you really don't notice it as just one situation and problem on top of another, endlessly....rather you get caught up in the character's struggles and stringent religious values.

Mr.Sunshine - I saw the pilot earlier this week and from minute one when the lead character so untactfully described who he was and what I does I thought to myself "another stupid sitcom".....10 minutes later I decided it was and stooped watching.

3. J3scribe

J3scribe non requisite Staff Member Most Awesome Thread ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What's wrong with discussing "reality" shows, other than the fact they have nothing to do with reality? [game shows, I understand]

4. Jack Tripper

Well I want this to be a thread discussing plot lines, acting, general themes etc.....if I included reality shows it might just end up being a guessing network of who's going to get kicked out each week or who is bitching about what.

5. yayboobies

yayboobies Official Phun.org Model

I'm currently watching my way through the seasons of How I Met Your Mother. It's silly and sometimes really funny, just what I need to switch my brain off and cheer me up after a tough day at work. :)
    Plus, Josh Radnor is soooo cute.

1 person likes this.
  6. furball101

furball101 In heaven

Have you figured out who Ted ends up marrying it was ********* ******* :p
    and you realise Barney (aka Doogie Howser MD) the womaniser is gay in real life...talk about a great actor ;)

7. MovieHound

MovieHound 10 inch

I recommend:

The Good Wife - A character drama with some political intrigue. The great cast includes Julianna Margulies, Chris Noth, Archie Panjabi and Alan Cumming. Good writing, good acting, a few :lol:, some occasional :naughty:; in other words, nothing that viewers of "The Vampire Diaries" or "Jersey Shore" would care for.

Fringe - I've raved about this enough in other threads. I'll give it a rest here.

Still crazy after all these years:

Grey's Anatomy and House, M.D. - At this point, I can't recommend these shows to new viewers. They're both in their seventh seasons, and while I think they're still worth an hour a week for we devoted hangers-on, there's so much water under the bridges...

On the bubble:

Fairly Legal - Sarah Shahi is so cute, my television starts to shake with the strain of containing her. Aside from her, this show is just a competent time-waster.

The Chicago Code - A modern remake of "The Untouchables" with Jennifer Beals as Eliott Ness and Delroy Lindo as Al Capone. The pilot episode was decent, so I have some hopes for it.

8. rappy

rappy just a filthy mudblood ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I have started to watch the final season of Friday Night Lights I just don't want it to end! :(

9. MovieHound

MovieHound 10 inch

To clarify, it's not literally a remake; it's a re-imagining, or a "reboot", if you will, in the same way that Greg House is Sherlock Holmes and "Burn Notice" is "The Equalizer."

10. Jack Tripper

I saw a little bit of the pilot...I didn't impress me.....as far as cop shows go Detroit 1 8 7 has been good so far.

11. rappy

did anyone see the pilot to this show?

[​IMG]

was really funny I thought, makes me miss Studio 60 which was cancelled before its time! :(

1 person likes this.
  12. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms

Is that Becki Newton?

13. rappy

no its a woman called Andrea Anders

14. rappy

just watched Friday Night Lights finale :(

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose!

15. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms

The girl from Joey?

She was shit hot.

Looks amazingly like Becki to me in that pic tho'

1 person likes this.
  16. warmachine

warmachine Well-Known Member

Anybody watching Smallville? I had been enjoying this last season until (spoilers)

they crammed Connor Kent into who was supposed to be the new lex. (shrugs) how the hell are they gonna bring back lex now? Basically, i want the suit, i want flying, i want lex back and i wanna see Superman vs. Darkseid.

17. Jack Tripper

Anybody looking forward to this :

[youtubevid]PZ5p18wIQEI[/youtubevid]

I sort of am...but on the other hand I'm afraid they night fuck it up.

18. rappy

yeah I am but I have never read the books so not sure what to expect really but its HBO so its going to be hardcore!

19. Jack Tripper

I've read all the books, they are amazing...as good as fantasy fiction can get..but watching the trailer and inside peek ...I don't know...none of the characters are exactly what I imagined them to be...and I'm doubt if hey can fit the complete story line into a series......guess we'll just have to wait and see.

20. MovieHound

MovieHound 10 inch

I've never read the books and I don't want to pay for HBO. Still, I'm into fantasy and such, so if I get the chance to see it I'm sure I will.