1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO XenForo - Feedback, bugs & more

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Jan 26, 2017.

1. God Emperor

God Emperor

I dont know if it is Google Chrome or just this forum but scrolling on my synaptics touchpad randomly stops working on phun tabs on my browser, but works on other tabs.Even reloading the tab does not fix it.If I duplicate the tab then it works on the new tab.

Annaponeil and fridapintoo2 like this.
  2. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

noticed that sometimes it takes a while for things to happen, and even having to do it twice in order for it to take effect, like clicking on like, and reply and even posting doesn't work at the first attempt

Linda4, Annaponeil and fridapintoo2 like this.
  3. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Just a while ago ...
    When trying to get to page 2 from here:

[​IMG]

... got this (several times):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Linda4 and fridapintoo2 like this.
  4. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

That's a server issue, not a XenForo bug.

Most of the complaints I've been reading in here of late have to do with ISPrime and the servers (still) and not the XF software. Please take note of the difference and report performance issues elsewhere.

fridapintoo2 and Magge like this.
  5. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

So, at my end ? :( ... or what ?

fridapintoo2 likes this.
  6. J3scribe

Yes, it's ISPrime.

fridapintoo2 and Magge like this.
  7. Magge

Ok, thanks !

Melissa789 and fridapintoo2 like this.
  8. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

You're a Registered Member but can't post because you're not offered a text box?

I'm trying to establish a positive/permanent solution, but in the meantime :-

1 Try a few page refreshes? (this has occasionally been reported to bring the text box up)

2 Check your browser extensions, and uninstall any that you didn't know you had, or that you don't use. (some conflicts reported)

3 If you use Cloudflare, it's recommended that "RocketLoader" be switched Off. ("RocketLoader" is not compatible with XenForo!)

If your problem is solved by the above, please let me know.

If anyone has any other ideas about the issue, or has discovered an alternative work-around, please let us know.

9. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

Experiencing something new for me today. Hard to post replies without getting timed out. Got timed out three times on the same reply. When it took, there were four posts of the same. Seems if I get timed out, I can try to repost and get the timed out dialog. I cancel the dialog and click the Home tab. The timed out post then shows up. :dunno:

satgai, Melissa789 and fridapintoo2 like this.
  10. S-type

Sorry to hear of your problems, merlin! You're not alone, and Staff have experienced difficulties too, which we assume is probably down to the fact that ISPrime are doing some heavy lifting in the server area.

11. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

Thanks S! I'll try to be patient and wait it out.

fridapintoo2, lolipopclub and S-type like this.
  12. S-type

Some of the underlying phun main database/server work is indeed ongoing, and will continue over the coming week.
    However, a problem has meanwhile been identified with the "Elastic" search system add-on - it has been restarted, initiating data re-indexing, which has hopefully resolved the multiple posts and time-outs.

Thank-you all for your patience.

fridapintoo2, Magge, J3scribe and 2 others like this.
  13. Merlin

Just so y'all know, site seems to be working perfectly for me.

Lisa Ave and fridapintoo2 like this.
  14. J3scribe

Today has been a good day.

But again, performance problems are not XF bugs. Please report performance issues in the performance issue thread.

fridapintoo2 likes this.
  15. Merlin

Why can I not still change my avatar??????

mami92 and fridapintoo2 like this.
  16. Merlin

Anybody? Anyone? Hello.... just a simple IDK will do at this point......

mami92 and fridapintoo2 like this.
  17. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

IDK!
    Unfortunately these seems to be a lack of interest in solving this issue by the ones who can solve it.

fridapintoo2 likes this.
  18. S-type

I've tried unsuccessfully to change your avatar in the Administrative Control Panel, so it looks like it's down to cayne.
    But I'll do some more digging.

fridapintoo2, Merlin and Magge like this.
  19. Magge

Some of you guys need more access to "stuff" ! [​IMG]
    Stuff = Administrative Control Panel

20. Merlin

Thanks for your efforts S!!! All I ask is to keep updated. I'm sure there is bigger fish to fry.

fridapintoo2 and S-type like this.