1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO XenForo - Feedback, bugs & more

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Jan 26, 2017.

1. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

i demand a zillion thropy points! :rolleyes:

Magge likes this.
  2. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Choking the Robot Chicken ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No wonder everyone had 113. I sort of enjoyed the stats and stars. Looks like the "rewards" titles were never active. Oh well....:confused:

Magge likes this.
  3. Lake Trout

Lake Trout

Don't know if still taking suggestions or if anyone else is interested but, I really liked the previous thread / next thread links at the bottom of each thread. Made going through older stuff much easier. Thanks.

4. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I recently recapped any of the unresolved/unanswered questions and comments in our mod thread about the new set up. For the most part many of them fall into the design aspect of things and we are determining if a different skin will be used. Stats under avatars, Font & Button sizes/colors, time stamp location, and other ease of viewing/navigation points, preview hover, and other comments have all been noted for consideration. Modifications done on this set up would have to be redone for the new skin so they have been held off for later reconsideration.

Ordering threads with the newest posts at the beginning of the post does not seem to be an option on XenForo, unfortunately.
    Sorry about the slow pace of things. Every little change seems to come with some side effects that need to be resolved too.

I have added this one to the list noted above.

poolcue, Sonicboom and Lake Trout like this.
  5. Bad Robot

Not that I've really taken care to notice before, but my browser is telling me that fourm.phun.org is not a secure connection. Considering issues from the past, should it be?

6. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Which browser? Chrome? Don't worry about it, none of your connections are secure. Everyone is spying on everyone else. That's a pretty laughable warning.

7. Bad Robot

Firefox. Just thought to throw it out there. If I was concerned, I'd just connect from Toronto, or Dublin, or Tokyo, or......:D

8. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

And we see that. And occasionally have to approve of it. Or not.

9. Bad Robot

:eek::oops:o_O

10. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

what's going on with all the stars I now have? Lol :)

Sonicboom likes this.
  11. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

You probably, somehow, at one time did something nice ! ;):)

Sonicboom and Big Bamboo! like this.
  12. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

From your comment I suspect that you, like several others, received multiple stars awards temporarily, BB? Setting up this "Stars" system would have been straightforward if everyone had been starting from zero, but setting up an automated system (using only the built-in XenForo criteria) that catered not only for new members with no phun.org history, but also for long term phun members with established records of contribution, proved to be tricky! The process logic is not particularly complex, but needs addressing in a particular sequence to achieve precision, which is problematic when one has no control of the actual process sequencing! However, the XenForo people clearly recognised that this sort of anomaly might arise, and designed a process that is essentially self-correcting! So while the system may produce "illogical" results (in this case such as multiple awards, only the topmost of which was significant) from it's first pass, it's second pass - an hour later - recognises the illogicality and corrects it!

If this wasn't the issue I apologise for the boring dissertation! :)

Big Bamboo!, TheloniousMonk and Magge like this.
  13. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

I like my Stars ! [​IMG]

TheloniousMonk and S-type like this.
  14. TheloniousMonk

Pay no attention to the S-type behind the curtain. The great and powerful Phun has spoken.

MadamMeow likes this.
  15. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Should I feel heartened or insulted?

16. TheloniousMonk

You pulled back the curtain a bit with your post so it just seemed like the place to go for a laugh.
    You've done a lot of neat (and also essential) but mostly unnoticed by the masses stuff with the new platform. We're all grateful even if we haven't noticed how it happened.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Magge and S-type like this.
  17. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Nope not working for me..
    Cut my Avatar down to the right dimensions shows up on my profile page not the forum itself though..
    Any ideas ?

Edit: Sort of fixed it lol :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Merlin, Magge and Sonicboom like this.
  18. Magge

[​IMG]

19. Thore

Thore Thunder Dude ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun's Chester Cheetah

Can we expect to eventually get the color designations on our names again like we use to have?

20. TheloniousMonk

There appears to be a conflict with the user groups when it comes to the color designations and the star banners together. Efforts to resolve it are ongoing.

Sonicboom likes this.