1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DEBATE Miley Cyrus 'March For Our Lives' in Washington, DC - March 24-2018 (Political debate)

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Goatmaster6, Mar 24, 2018.

1. ThirdEyed

ThirdEyed

The bigger the gun, the smaller the dick.

Pooterscoo and MadAsAHatter like this.
  2. El Superbeasto

El Superbeasto

Because we’ve got more people doped up on prescription drugs than anyone else in the world.

3. merlin _marduk

merlin _marduk

The hollyweird talking heads are demanding that "guns be banned" (in general) and most of their security is armed. It's a good point he made.

hammertime4444 likes this.
  4. merlin _marduk

merlin _marduk

Well, since none of the mass shooting have been perpetrated by "military- grade assault rifles" either, I don't see your point. An AR-15 is by no means an assault rifle, by military standards. And no, before any of you geniuses start telling me "AR stands for assault rifle", it does not... I carried "assault weaponry" for 2 decades- they aren't showing up at school shootings.

5. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

Try to debate facts not make believe nonsensense.

6. Vagrant278

Vagrant278

First, it doesn't matter how the military defines "assault weapon". The commonly accepted definition of "assault weapon" is any weapon that is at least semi-automatic. AR-15 is semi-automatic. Therefore it is an assault weapon.

Second, your statement about "AR does not mean 'assault rifle'" is completely wrong as AR is the abbreviation for "assault rifle". Also, since the AR-15 is an "assault weapon" as it falls under the commonly accepted definition, and it is a rifle, it is logical in the labeling the AR to mean "assault rifle".

7. Vagrant278

Vagrant278

Actually it's more to the fact that the Grand Old Pedos won't pass laws to keep guns out of the hands of the people that shouldn't ever get a gun in the first place (mentally ill, people on the terrorist watchlist, people who are so mentally disabled that they have to have another person do their day-to-day decisions, criminals, highly aggressive individuals with the intent to mass murder) because every single one of them are bought by the arms manufacturers. More gun deaths = more fear = more gun purchases = higher profits and stock prices for the arms manufacturers.

8. kelly1066

kelly1066

What does any of this shit have to do with the original post?? Shut up and take your politics to another forum where someone cares what side of the fence you stand on.... fergodsake guys!! :mad::mad:

hammertime4444 likes this.
  9. Cygnus_X1

Cygnus_X1 Do Not Disturb Ten Years of Phun

We definitely have a lot of guns in the US, it's simple mathematical statistics that eventually someone will get a hold of one and use it.
    Hope and fear are two huge motivators for people. The people marching are hoping to fix the gun problem, and the 2nd Amendment people are afraid to lose their guns.
    I know a lot of people with guns and even AR-15's. One thing they all have in common is they watch FOX News and listen to conservative talk radio and they live with constant fear of just about everything. And for some reason they think their guns will protect them? That's not a healthy way to live.
    I prefer to be hopeful and I'm not constantly terrified of the "boogeyman" or afraid of death. People can have their guns to protect their homes, but nobody needs an AR-15.
    Unfortunately I think the problem will get much worse.

10. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

ArmaLite Rifle-15. ArmaLite was the original manufacturer of that particular model. They sold the design and trademark to Colt. The only one wrong here is you. Dumbass. Look shit up on the internet before you go spouting off like a fool.

11. VRx27

VRx27

I think a lot of fear of the AR-15 comes from simply how 'scary' it looks, given it's similar aesthetic to the AK-47. There are rifles used in hunting such as the Ruger Mini 14 that have all the same capabilities as an AR-15 but because they have a wooden finish and look less 'automatic' and scary it gets a pass from gun control advocates. 'Semi-automatic' is a broad term, meaning people can mould it to sound frightening to whoever they please, it could also include most handguns in the term, meaning that you pull the trigger once you get one shot.

While tragic and a ridiculous loss of life, it should be remembered that school shootings are an extreme anomaly when looking at all firearm related deaths, just that the following media coverage is not equally as small.

This isn't to sweep the problem under the rug, just to say there's a much more apparent problem with the amount of deaths from handguns, which makes it weird that many pushing for lots more gun control centralize their rage and fervor on the AR-15.

12. Crazyemerald

Crazyemerald

I can only comment on this as an outsider ( I am from Ireland) so this attitude to guns always seems bizarre to me. For example if you wish to drive a car, you have to undergo training, pass both written and practical tests and then conform to rules when using a vehicle on a public road. Why shouldn't this apply to guns also? Completely banning guns is never going to happen in the US but it seems like a reasonable frame-work of regulations would be in everyone's interest.

It also seems bizarre that after 240 years of democracy (government of the people, by the people, for the people) that it should be considered necessary to have weapons in case the government becomes a tyranny! Not much faith in democracy there. I have friends in the US who own guns and go hunting, so no problem but if proper registration, limitation on firepower and magazine size etc would prevent another shooting killing children wouldn't that be a reasonable sacrifice to make?

For those who state that the guns themselves don't jump up and shoot people, my comment is that it is the "gun culture" not the weapons themselves that generate the huge number of fatalities compared to other countries. No doubt Hollywood is hypocritical in promoting violence in movies and games etc. but this obsession with guns that is so common in many parts of the states seems unhealthy looking in from the outside. I listen to these kids and I am truly impressed by how articulate they are and I wish them well. The Republicans have sold their souls to the NRA (and many other lobby groups no doubt) but they may be on the wrong side of this debate but only time will tell.

Not trying to start any arguments, just truly baffled. I have visited the US on numerous occasions and later this year will be on a hiking trip in the Rockies (my 6th visit) so I love going there but hopefully some common sense will prevail on this issue

p.s. more Miley butt shots please:)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  13. Vagrant278

Vagrant278

Irregardless of my minor mistake the fact still remains that the AR-15 is a rifle and falls under the definition of "assault weapon". Therefore it is an "assault rifle".

However, the bigger problem here is that I have remained civil throughout this discussion. Yet, you come out and insult me. What makes this even worse is that Flippy corrected Pooterscoo for flaming another poster in post #48 and you liked that post. Yet, you still flamed me. So, I guess it's 1 set of rules for the mods and another for the posters.

Pooterscoo and sleazoid99 like this.
  14. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

The issue here is that you stated categorically that the other guy was wrong for saying that AR didn't stand for assault rifle. You didn't claim he that he may be mistaken, no, you were being a self-righteous, insufferable ponce about it, so I seized the opportunity to lay the smackdown on you. You had it coming. Had I actually been flaming you, as the folks around here who know me can attest, I would have called you a stupid fucking dumbass.

Ripe, swurzn and merlin _marduk like this.
  15. Vagrant278

Vagrant278

I see. So, you are attacking me in a far worse manner than Pooterscoo did when Flippy corrected him. However, I doubt you will be punished for your actions. So, I was right: 1 set of rules for the mods and another for the posters. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Pooterscoo likes this.
  16. merlin _marduk

merlin _marduk

Christ almighty... I even warned you, specifically, not to tell me "AR stands for assault rifle" and you still did it. It stands for Armalite Rifle- the manufacture of it. But no, the armchair warrior knows more than the professional I guess...

And, once again, NO- the AR-15 is not an assault weapon. Not now, never was, never will be. It was not covered under the assault weapons ban and is not listed as one with any federal register. It is classified as a "modern sporting rifle." Try the Google if you're still confused.

I don't give a single turd what the "commonly accepted definition of assault rifle" is. It is an industry specific term that refers to a fully automatic, or, machine gun. It refers to a class of weapons designed to assault the enemy with maximum lethality. Seriously now, why don't you guys just leave the technical speak to those who actually know what they're talking about? I'm a vet who's carried a weapon for 20+ years, I think I'm what you'd call an expert on the topic.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  17. merlin _marduk

merlin _marduk

Which one of my points are you taking exception to? You criticize me for offering make believe nonsense, yet you make no point.

18. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

where is the evidence that they are trying to ban all guns?

Pooterscoo and RaiderCane like this.
  19. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

Alex Jones, Glenn Beck and the others who make fortunes stirring the people into a frenzy over invisible boogeymen coming to take away their guns/force them into homosexuality and hating white people/put them in FEMA camps is their evidence. Not realizing that these people who they trust so much are ACTING for the most part. They put on these grand performances, people watch and subscribe because it taps into their fears and paranoia about an evolving world no longer looking the way it used to or should be in their eyes, and these talking heads make even more money and the cycle continues.

TERRASTAR18 and Pooterscoo like this.
  20. Pooterscoo

Pooterscoo

I apologized to him, I adamantly refuse to apologize to the NRA talking head,

TERRASTAR18 and Flippy like this.