1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DEBATE What are your thoughts on Celebrities Defending Islam?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by kapat, May 6, 2017.

1. kapat

kapat

I know this is a sensitive topic but I was just curious on phun community's opinion on the matter.

2. KABOOM07

KABOOM07

[​IMG]

3. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

It is no different than Catholicism or Judaism.

4. RIP_Cabrini_Green

RIP_Cabrini_Green

Inshallah

MaxCeleb and Bollocksbear like this.
  5. kapat

kapat

yeah but catholics and Jews don't blow up people in the name of their God, do they?

6. Paul Christopher

Paul Christopher

Like any religion, there are both good and bad practitioners. Unfortunately, the bad get noticed more often than the good. Defending a religion itself is noble as a general thing, but defending those who choose to follow a narrow, intolerant version of that religion is narrow-minded, non-inclusive and pretty much misses the entire concept of the faith.

So I would have to say that it depends on precisely what the celeb (or my neighbour, for that matter) is defending.

sleazoid, toenail78 and TERRASTAR18 like this.
  7. AVDude

AVDude

Beating a dead horse here: "Not ALL Islamics blow themselves up". Can't remember the stats, but the Islamic world outnumbers Christians & Jews significantly. If they were all bad, I'm sure this thread would not be taking place.

dingermcfinger and foz1972-1 like this.
  8. Goodfella49

Goodfella49

I don't have a problem with anyone defending any religion but I do have a problem with hypocrisy. One of the many hypocrisies of the libs (this includes celebs, of course) is the staunch defending of Islam whilst crying and stomping their feet for separation of church of state. Catholics are chastised and generalized as tolerating child molestation, yet libs say you can't generalize those that practice Islam. Just be consistent in your stances, but that's a tall task for liberals.

Dbstooge likes this.
  9. SDLRob

SDLRob

I've experienced the hell of so called 'christians' twisting the bible to suit their own needs and desires... watched families (my own included) torn apart because of sick old men craving power. people died, people were abused, families destroyed and loving, sensible people turned into bigoted, angry radicals.

Islam is no different to Catholcism or Christianity or Judaism or any other religion.

10. L0ng5long

L0ng5long

[​IMG]

G'Kar and MaxCeleb like this.
  11. Cygnus_X1

Cygnus_X1 Do Not Disturb Ten Years of Phun

lol, not anymore. Read the Old Testament sometime though, see how many people were killed in the name of Jehovah. Or read up about the Inquisition and see how Christians came up with many ways to torture and kill people who didn't believe in their god. Now they both have much more discrete ways of killing people but it's the same thing.
    The Muslims are just trying to catch up.
    And to answer your question, celebrities are people, they can say whatever they want. If I personally don't like what they have to say, I don't listen to it.

95Bravo, G'Kar, sleazoid and 6 others like this.
  12. techieman33

techieman33

Did you never hear about that little bit of history called the crusades? Maybe the spanish inquisition? There have been millions of deaths directly caused by the catholic church and it's leaders.

95Bravo and G'Kar like this.
  13. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

The war on terror,colonialism and the crusades.

dingermcfinger and 95Bravo like this.
  14. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

Your post doesn't make a lick of sense. You are arguing about two different things.

95Bravo likes this.
  15. Paul Christopher

Paul Christopher

From the Middle Ages through to the early 20th Century, wherever European (and therefore mostly Catholic) explorers went, the Church of Rome was sure to be closely behind, following its Holy Mission to convert the godless so that they may find their way into heaven, which according to Rome was available only to "good" Christians of a certain faith.

Countless millions (literally) over the centuries were thus forced into Christianity. Those who refused were indeed terrorized, punished and killed for their beliefs. Entire families and villages were wiped out for refusing to obey the "one true God" . The Church declared those who refused to convert were lesser humans, heathens, and therefore they could be treated as such with no worry about sanctions from Rome for the practice

Sadly, these practices did not end with the Renaissance. In the Orient, Portuguese and French monks became near-rulers of vast areas of Japan, Korea, and China, treating the locals as lesser than themselves simply because of the different beliefs, while in North America, the practice of forced separation of children from their families continued (with government sanction in Canada) until the early 1960's.

All it takes -even today- is an overwhelming belief that yours is the right way, the only way to heaven, that it is your sacred duty to ensure that you bring along as many other true believers with you when you go, and you have the basis for what amounts to genocide- regardless of religion.

Organized religion- it's a dirty business when done wrong. Sadly, it's done wrong far too often.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    95Bravo and G'Kar like this.
  16. Goodfella49

Goodfella49

Nope, not two different things, bub. I'd say read it again, but it's obvious you have a bias and don't want to think logically.

17. SDLRob

SDLRob

Faith is good... man just fucks it up...

Cornelius4129 and kapat like this.
  18. Goodfella49

Goodfella49

There it is -- you're a SJW. The Crusades were a response to Islam, bub.

19. Starling73

Starling73 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Well, in theory they were....the reality is a bit more...nuanced.

G'Kar likes this.
  20. ironmikeyv

ironmikeyv ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

I don't have a problem with religion or faith.its people that annoy me and twist words. I'm black and most people in my family are super religious. One of my cousins is gay and people in my family say "gays need to be fixed"and other crap like that. People can support what they believe in I just don't like it when people try to force religion down your throat.

sabbath and Jack Tripper like this.