1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

If a new thread from users with less then X posts...

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cayne

cayne Guest

...contains a link - the thread will be not shown immediately, but taken into the moderation queue.

So if you started a new thread or post and received this message:

it's because it contain a link. This rule applies for all users with less then 10 posts. If your thread is legit, it will be shown after a mod reviewed it. If you posted spam you will go to hell and your thread never sees daylight!

2. Biscuit666

Biscuit666 Guest

hooray. thank you god:D

ss30g and darkside2me like this.
  3. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

Great new action!

darkside2me likes this.
  4. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Confusion to the friggin spammers...
    Can you say "nice work" to god? :D

darkside2me likes this.
  5. LUvNiT

LUvNiT

Thats a good rule to have in place i reckon! should keep alot of spam out..and keep them pesky moderators busy haha :razz:

6. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

It's god's helpers that helped out with this one, credit goes to riv. Lovie you riv buddy! Muahz :-*
    It worked quiet well actually Ijust got the chance to see it in action and used it i lovie it!

LUvNiT likes this.
  7. LUvNiT

LUvNiT

Thats good to see Azz, I thought you would like it :lol: Hopefully it will work well!

Navegante7 likes this.
  8. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

this makes it so much easier because when i logged on this evening i looked in the 4 sub-forums with the most spam and it would highlight for me all the threads that had a link by a new user, of course all 8 out of the 9 threads it showed me to moderate were spam, so all i did was put a check mark by the spam threads and moved them all to the trash bin where i can take my time and ban their ass. None of you guys saw them which was what i was aiming for with this plus all the threads where highlighted for me so it went by super fast!

X-Spectre likes this.
  9. LUvNiT

LUvNiT

oh ok, so there probly isnt as much work involved in it then? like as aposed to us putting a link to a thread or user in the forum issues thread? good to see!

10. sature

sature

hey dude,
    pls unban my threads, i will remove the small ads instantly

PLLLEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE
    there was no warning pls reupp threads

11. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

some things happen without any individual warning.
    and for the sake of the whole sometimes there´s a little collateral damage...

there are so many threads - mostly sticked - around, in all parts/sections which may be considered as warnings...

12. Peet1000

Peet1000 The Headbangin' Uploader

Very nice feature. God, I hate spam.

13. RushorBust08

RushorBust08

I moved over here to get away from the spammers. Nice idea, but I'm in the doghouse over here.

zffb likes this.
  14. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Aweseom, awesome move Cayne. Was it Azz who instigated it?? Not sure but thanks to all involved.

imgelf likes this.
  15. sirmartinfrobisher

sirmartinfrobisher

Just a suggestion, I moderate a few groups on Yahoo, when a spammer used to get in, other mods would ban the bastards on the spot. The spammers would know this instantly and rejoin the group with a different account. Now we just switch their account to moderated and let the mail expire, they still get to know but they don't tend to rejoin. So I suggest that you keep spammers on moderated status, delete their posts, but don't let them know.

imgelf likes this.
  16. TKA1

TKA1 has erectile dysphunction

i didn't read everything in here but i just wanted to say i'm glad to see this awesome idea finally in action! thanks to all those who made it possible

17. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

that is a great suggestion, cheers to the ones who initiated it.

18. Superior12

Superior12 On a mission from God

Its nice to know Gods looking out for us

19. Biscuit666

Biscuit666 Guest

thank you to whoevers idea it was. it's a good one.

20. cayne

cayne Guest

TheRIVER! :D

and wtfazzhole was the one, getting on my nerves until I installed it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.