1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

A Nature Lovers Thread....

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by bamafan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Austxsoul

Austxsoul A Pirates Life For me

I am so glad that spring is near... We all will be adding and seeing some more images here soon. Nice to see this thread still active. Thanks to you all!

karabastrahabas likes this.
  2. bamafan

bamafan Staring at (.)Y(.) ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I'm ready for spring too but I also love snow and ice pics.

3. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Photographer

(images removed by SilentKnight)

4. bamafan

Awsome again SK! Thanks!

karabastrahabas and SilentKnight like this.
  5. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

i´m alwas amazed by your pics, SilentKnight.
    but somehow i can´t help "expecting" to see a tied girl coming across the scenery... ;)

for me your panorama-attempt turned out pretty well, SB.

6. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Photographer

:lol:

Thanks, River.

I often say - one pays the bills...the other is a personal passion. Without the funding derived from the "tied girls" - I'd have no justification (to the wife) to continue spending ridiculously on cam gear upgrades, hehe.

In all honesty, it was the need for interesting and unusual backgrounds that originally motivated my scenic photography. As time wore on, I gradually discovered I actually enjoyed the non-adult aspect of photography.

One of the big things I look forward to somewhere down the road is making some sort of income from the sale of the scenic stuff. Eventually our goal is to have a mall kiosk to sell some of the matted and framed pics.

7. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

This weekend from my village
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

S-type, Funkyboyroy, 2001pm and 11 others like this.
  8. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

i looks just like Alaska. i mean i could put photos i have (stranded on a hard drive i cant rescue) and you would have a hard time telling them apart.
    to that end, you live in a beautiful village. thanks

9. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Thanks...:p
    It doesnt snow like that every years...hasnt snowed like that for 20 years...if you look on my previous post its like that for more than a month...its awesome!

http://forum.phun.org/showpost.php?p=2334445&postcount=470

This is the same spring..

27-12-09
    [​IMG]

22-2-09
    [​IMG]

S-type, Funkyboyroy, 2001pm and 7 others like this.
  10. bamafan

Beautiful pics Hayd, your village looks awsome!!

11. LUvNiT

LUvNiT

Ok well i recently traveled to western Australia to repair one of our gearboxes for my work. I must say it was an experiance thats for sure lol! I took a couple of pics on the mine site while i was there (i have a few more but seem to big to upload, and im not upto speed on image sites/hosting ect) but still if you ever wondered if the outback of Australia is really flat and full of red dirt then..well it is!
    and also these pics cannot describe how hot it was out there..oh so dry and hot! I dont usually drink alot of water but even I managed to empty my 5 litre container easily!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

S-type, Funkyboyroy, smi and 8 others like this.
  12. chumwithrum

chumwithrum

Nice. The machinary is huge! What are they mining there?

13. LUvNiT

LUvNiT

Thanks! and your right it is pretty big! they are mining Iron Ore! 45 million (or billion i cant remember i think it is million) tonnes a year at the moment i belive, and they hope to increase it to 100 within say a year or 2! and then even more..it is crazy man, the conveyors that our boxes run are running 24/7 if a box brakes and the conveyor has to stop you can imagine the money it costs them per hour! they mine it in the pilbara region and then cart it by rail to port hedland to be exported overseas!

14. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

Using up the last of some old film. Local gulls wintering out via handouts at a nearby park. I was very unhappy at how grainy they are, though I was pleased to escape without getting crapped on that day. They were taken with an 80-200 vivitar zoom lens which probably explains most of it. That lens also makes it not so easy catching these critters in flight with very clear results :p Oh well, my reeducation in progress.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. bamafan

Thanks SB - they look fine to me. LOL @ getting crapped on. Funniest thing I think i've ever seen: We were on a family vacation in Florida and someone was throwing food up for seagulls just a short distance away from us. You guessd it: one flew over where the wife and I were laying out on the beach and dropped a load that landed on the side of the wife's head and face just under her eye. :lol: Took me at least 15 minutes to stop laughing.

SilentB likes this.
  16. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

I've been around countless (and very large) flocks of gulls and they've never gotten me once but, yeah, the stories are many. I did get stealth bombed once while riding my bike as a kid. Right between the eyes. Never saw what had flown over and certainly no flocks of anything. I think all my friends nearly pissed themselves from laughing so hard. Ever had a pair of hawks nest near your car? If pigs could fly, the result would be about the same.

17. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

thanks LUvNiT,
    i love photos like this. and yes, it looks hot, but i lived in the desert for about 20 years, so.....

LUvNiT likes this.
  18. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

19. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

20. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

i like moose, i know they can be deadly and all, but they kept my car clean by licking the salt off it all the time. but angry fuckers to try and get around to get in the thing.