1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Trial of new imagehost, imgphun.com.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by S-type, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

All thumbnails are sized to 180 in width in stread of height

1 person likes this.
  2. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

You're pointing out the obvious, which I already did. My point is not to get into a debate about it with you, but rather to point it out to Hencock so he can do something about it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hencock

Hencock ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

You have picked a nice question. i was expecting may be somebody ask about it well "Ajax" basically an auto re-sizing feature. which is not controlled by the user. that why images are resize in different dimensions for different type of images who have different Width and Height.
    So "Ajax" only allow user to upload images quickly at its own desire. You can see it while uploading and comparing "Ajax" to other upload features. If "Ajax" upload comes with user desired image resizing it cannot work faster then other upload features. you have choice which feature you can chose for your images. and i am fixing Jpeg :)

4. J3scribe

That's fine, I like the speed at which it works. You should probably indicate to users what size thumbnails Ajax is set for.

Also, there's still the problem of thumbnail uniformity. The first 2 examples are from imagebam (@180x180)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They are basically the same, both horizontal and vertical.

And here are imgphun...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This needs to be corrected.

1 person likes this.
  5. Hencock

you are right J3scribe . imagebam dimensions are 126x180 and imgphun dimensions set to 180x257 and now it will always remain resizing images to 180x257. i make it default for every dimensions of images. problem is fixed !!! and adding more tabs for cover upload quite risky i haven't yet seen any imagehost who can upload more then 1 cover .

6. Cold As Ice

Imagebam makes the largest side 180 while imgphun makes the width 180 no matter what the biggest side is. Personaly i don't have a problem eith the way imgphun works, that way you have always same amount of pics in a row

1 person likes this.
  7. Hencock

Lets see

Upload methods:

Single
    Multi
    Ajax
    Remote
    Cover
    ZIP
    leave the zip & Ajax upload you have 3 choices for gallery. if you capture all the images at one go you have Multi upload choice. everything is here my bro. there are few imagehost who provide multiplier upload system at a time at FrontPage. and now we got another 1 that is imgphun.

8. Cold As Ice

Is there a way to make Ajax mode upload more then 30 pics in one upload?

1 person likes this.
  9. J3scribe

Okay. As long as the portraits and landscape sizes are uniform in size I can live with that. Thanks.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    imagezilla.net offers a multi-upload, but that may have to do with the fact that they only offer thumbnails, I don't know. At any rate, mine is just a suggestion, not a recommendation. Don't feel it's necessary to make a change. ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. J3scribe

Okay, I uploaded this batch using the Multi option, but when I click on a thumb to open the pic, I'm not seeing the gallery link. What did I do wrong? :33:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Hencock

After creating the gallery just put your 1st or any image link if any user click at image he will see the option in bottom "more images from this gallery"

Example is here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all images are from same gallery. but user can give its own choice image 1st, user is not bound of a gallery link. user can easily put any link of any image and viewer will can see all images from the gallery you have created .
    i try some new things, i didn't try to copy other imagehost.

Yes that's the point how many imagehost have this type upload facility for user. i think just few imagehost.

Edit
    i will think about this . and will inform you my mate.

2 people like this.
  12. Cold As Ice

When using the zip upload thumbnails will always be 180 even if you pick 300

1 person likes this.
  13. Stevenson214

Stevenson214 Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

1 person likes this.
  14. Hencock

thanks my brother well i have seen into this, but didn't find anything as you said.

15. Hencock

there is logic of upload using "Ajax" for those who want a quick upload, so no one would like to stop and pause if user want to upload images quickly. you should try Multi upload option my mate

16. Cold As Ice

I did try it two times and got

1 person likes this.
  17. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

registration email ended up in spam folder

18. Stevenson214

Stevenson214 Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

So I've uploaded my thirty images with ajax. Now I want to create a gallery for them. Can I do that?

Alternatively, I have uploaded many images and want to move them all to a gallery without having to move each one individually. How do you select multiple images to move to a gallery you've just created?

Or if I have created a gallery, and I want to upload 30 images to it with ajax. Can I do that?

Finally, I have my images in a gallery and want to share them with the world. How do I get all the bb codes for the images in a gallery?

Sorry for all the questions.

1 person likes this.
  19. Hencock

Don,t be sorry its a open tutorial also for those who have questions in their mind how they use ImgPhun. the question you have asked here some of them are replied in thread you may read it will also increase your knowledge about using ImgPhun. i give them numbers who are answered before. so i am replying question number 2 & 4.

Select the images pressing Ctrl and click on the images. after that you can see "Search And Moderate" tab in bottom just click it. you can see these options "Delete All Images" - "Mark As Adult" - "Mark As Clean" and under these tabs you will also see Gallery name and "move to gallery" tab just click it your all images will be move to your gallery. :) you may also see the All BB Codes and under this you can share them to all over the world .​

1 person likes this.
  20. seanmckenna7

seanmckenna7 the boss ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

tried upping a gif , about 10 megs, nothing happinin....

1 person likes this.