1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Taptalk

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by toxiclabs, Jun 9, 2013.

1. toxiclabs

toxiclabs

Hello

I love this forum, I know their is a mobile theme to VB. But I am wondering if you can activate/install the tapatalk plugin.
    http://www.tapatalk.com/
    Thanks

2 people like this.
  2. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

I'm not a mod or admin but there are more important things here on Phun, things like preformance

1 person likes this.
  3. toxiclabs

toxiclabs

ill let the admin decide

4. Cold As Ice

It's been asked before and then they told it was low on priority list

5. ItsLunchBOX

ItsLunchBOX ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

6. Cold As Ice

Preformance will come before adding taptalk, since you asked it 2 years ago and it's still isn't here guess how low priority adding taptalk is.

7. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Don't hold your breath.

8. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

I would say with the incredibly low traffic this place has over the last month. they should be willing to try anything. many forums understand that very few users of their site are on a desk or even lap computer anymore. most sites that want too survive are going mobile. becoming more friendly with android and the like. it's good market sense.

1 person likes this.
  9. ItsLunchBOX

ItsLunchBOX ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Calm down there chief, I was just ribbing you. :hug:

I think you guys vastly underestimate how many people use tapatalk and how many people may access this site from mobile devices. Heck, you may even see an increase in visitors by adding the functionality. For something that is free, takes minutes to enable and shouldn't affect site performance in the least, I don't understand why certain members, moderators and gods are so hesitant to add it.

Live a little, evolve or die. Simple really. :2cent:

10. Cold As Ice

Registration is locked so no new members. Members don't have a say in what's added or not but since there are enough problems that are higher on priority i don't think taptalk isn't going to be added soon. Members, mods and Cayne rather have a stable forum again

11. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

well, you may be able to understand that EVERY plugin right now isn`t really our top priority.
    be assured - as soon as our "techical issues" are solved (cross all fingers you got - july may be a month of "decisions" - in the meantime voice yourself here) lots of stuff will be taken care of - there are quite a few vbulletin-built-in-features not yet enabled, for example.

for now: i`m pretty sure even our god has some mobile device and would be happy to have a few options for a more convenient access to phun on those. right now it`s the servers and a few pending vbulletin-fixes that matter, though. a bad working phun makes no sense on smartphones, no?!

feel free to remind us when the time is right.

ps.: of course ALL webmasters are ALWAYS hesitant to install 3rd-party-plugins on their sites.

1 person likes this.
  12. ItsLunchBOX

ItsLunchBOX ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

You're right, I don't have a say. If I did, it would be done already. It also doesn't mean you have to shit all over the idea every time it gets mentioned. The mods and Cayne can speak for themselves on this topic. It was mentioned in the past it was would be looked into, then nothing for two years. I get it, you think it's dumb, other members think it would be awesome.

Registration is closed temporarily not permanently so not sure how that helps your argument.

Thanks Riv for your thoughts. I'll be sure to bring it up again some time in August.

13. ItsLunchBOX

ItsLunchBOX ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

August check in.

1 person likes this.
  14. ItsLunchBOX

ItsLunchBOX ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Not even an acknowledgement huh?

15. Cold As Ice

The album function isn't working as well, since that's not working again you may need to have to wait even longer for Taptalk to be added

2 people like this.
  16. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

there are lots of things that haven't been working for the last couple of years

1 person likes this.
  17. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

If any plugin is a priority it should be the damn Thanks button. Getting tired of the damn page refresh associated with it.

18. ItsLunchBOX

ItsLunchBOX ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Just wanted to post a reminder. It's been months since I have heard anything new.

19. Cold As Ice

I think it's not high on Cayne's prio list

20. ItsLunchBOX

ItsLunchBOX ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yeah you mention that every time. Let the mods provide a status. I'm not going to let it go until they say it won't ever be added period.