1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Experimenting With Modelling Celebs in 3D

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by earfit256, Jul 23, 2013.

1. earfit256

earfit256

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Note that I'm a complete novice at this type of thing, so these pictures don't necessarily represent the true potential of the idea. I created the faces using FaceGen (free demo version), and then imported them into Daz Studio (also free). The free version of Facegen adds a stamp to the forehead which I may not have done a great job of removing. Once a model is made it can be posed freely, given facial expressions and even used to create animated movies! I'd be interested to see if anyone else knows how to make this kind of stuff.

6 people like this.
  2. Captain Chicago

Captain Chicago

interesting...

3. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

The blonde could be Kierstin Dunst. The brunette looks something like an erotic model named Marketa Brymova. Amiright?

4. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Excellent!

The blonde could be Kirsten actually.

Ace work mano!

5. donkey

donkey

I thought the first brunette one was a little Natalie Portman...ish!

6. SOLOK

SOLOK

Very good job! I agree, the girls look Kirsten Dunst and Natalie Portman. How long did it take ya to get to this level? I messed around with facegen but had trouble getting the results I wanted so I dropped it. I have many hobbies so it's difficult to do them all, gotta win the lottery or something lol!

7. earfit256

earfit256

The difficulty is mainly in finding a good quality face pic and a profile pic is needed as well. Here's another attempt at Natalie using a better source image:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the source images that were used:-

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She is still a Klingon though as I can't afford the full version of Facegen atm. :D

3 people like this.
  8. earfit256

earfit256

[​IMG]

I thought this facepic produced a better result, even though it isn't exactly high definition. It takes quite a bit of experimentation to find out what works well.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

By the way, is no-one else interested in trying this kind of thing? One reason I started the thread is that I was hoping other people more talented then me might have a go, and swap advice and stuff. I think the potential for this sort of fakery is greater than for traditional photoshopping, maybe when the tools are more powerful, cheaper, etc.

6 people like this.
  9. Gutex0

Gutex0 ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

great workl ,must download that programs.

10. earfit256

earfit256

I found out you can add something called "Lighting" when rendering to make the pics look more solid. Clever!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. 01neo01

01neo01

This has a lot of potential. Sadly i have no clue on modelling in 3D, but there is very talented people out there who might create very interesting things.
    I will follow up this closely.