1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

posting issue

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by robo99, Jul 7, 2014.

1. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

does anybody know why when posting, if I select bold, it automatically posts it twice, as well as italic and center

also cannot select size or color anymore

just started

thanks

2. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Testing.

3. Jack Tripper

Test #2.

4. Jack Tripper

Seems to be working.

5. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

Works for me also.

6. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

The obvious answer is that your computer is fucked up. You may want to look into that first.

1 person likes this.
  7. Green Bastard

Green Bastard feels good man

Can you describe this in more detail? What posts twice? The BBCode tag is inserted twice? Or, your entire post is submitted twice (double post)?

Did you install any new browser addons/extensions recently or change any settings recently? Are you using any addons like AdBlock or NoScript that might block JavaScript?

Is is possible that your mouse is physically clicking twice on a single click? This happens sometimes when the button starts going bad.

1 person likes this.
  8. robo99

The BBCode tag is inserted twice? YES.

I use all the standard google ad blocks, but I will check to see if javascript is on and working.

Mouse is not clicking twice, just did a complete synapics re-install [which controls the mouse]

9. Green Bastard

A frequent problem with ad and/or script blocking software is that it sometimes accidentally blocks JavaScript that Phun needs in addition to the other stuff that you intended to block. I've described the issue before in reference to AdBlock, but the concept is the same no matter what browser or blocking addon. Try temporarily disabling it entirely just to see if it fixes the problem. Or try a different browser temporarily to try to isolate the problem.

If it stops when you turn off AdBlock, you'll need to make sure Phun is whitelisted. If it stops when you switch browsers, at least you know it's not your hardware and we can narrow it down further.

So, is it a trackpad then, or a mouse? I just ask because I've had many mice do that exact same thing. The physical actuator in the mouse button breaks in a way that a button double clicks when you single click. In fact, I think that's the only way I've had a mouse break on me.

Just to be sure, try testing it out here:

http://unixpapa.com/js/testmouse.html

(single) Click that green "or here" link and it will show you the mouse events that fire. You'll get a few, but make sure you only get a "click" and not a "dblclick".

1 person likes this.
  10. robo99

I tested it on Internet Explorer and it works fine. All of the posting is fine.

I tested on the mousetest, mine is a laptop so no actual mouse, but registered fine, no doubleclick.

I disabled ad block regular and still had the problem, I believe it is my google ad block pro settings, which I do not know how to manipulate. Is it redundant to have ad block and ad block pro?

11. Green Bastard

First of all, what browser are you using? Chrome? But, yeah, you'll want to disable one of them and use either AdBlock or Adblock Plus. Then you'll want to either whitelist "forum.phun.org" entirely, or use the filter exception I posted in the other thread:

Code:
    @@||phun.org/clientscript/*.js
    How exactly you do that depends on which addon/extension and whether it's Firefox or Chrome.