1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Sub-forum in Celebrity Photos?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by renegade, Dec 21, 2014.

1. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

I don't really want Playboy at all but if they are going to be posted I'd prefer the women that are celebs stay in that section.

2. Sennsational

Sennsational BANNED ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

What is your definition of celebrity? See, that's an almost intangible concept to define and will always be difficult to agree upon.

If you did work within the Celebrity forum though, it would make sense to a stupid troll like myself to separate the 'celebrity' modeling shoots from the rest of the mostly-candid content. A celebrity doing photos for Playboy is the same as Maxim, same as Victoria Secret, same as whatever involving modeling. Therefore if Playboy is segregated out, you might as well include the others as well. It's just a matter of where to put them.

3. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I don't think we should take the word 'Modeling' too literally.

If a celeb poses for Good Housekeeping, I think it has every right to be in the Celeb Forum, but if a celeb poses in Playboy, Maxim, FHM, Victoria's Secret or even Sports Illustrated it belongs in the Model Forum.

ALL candid shots from awards ceremonies, to Late Night, to a day at the beach belong in the Celeb Forum.

Maybe it would be easier for the Mods if the decided what publications belonged where, instead of who's a celeb or who's a model or are the a celeb before or after Playboy.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sennsational

It's just a devil's advocate perspective using the word 'modeling' because there is so much of it in the Celeb forum that technically doesn't feel like it belongs there at all, while at the same time it would allow for celebrity material to enter the Model forum for singular purposes without being an actual model. Yes, the publication itself as dictating the appropriate forum is what I meant. That is a far more logical standard. My only point with going that direction is that Playboy is really no different than Maxim or NUTS or Sports Illustrated or Victoria's Secret. They're all objectifying the female form through photograph, with women choosing to model themselves, regardless of celebrity status.

I honestly have nothing to gain or lose either way, but organizing things is fun for me. I just look at it as a challenge for what would work best and where.

5. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

Celebs need to stay in the celeb section. I vote leave it how it is and I'll just ignore the model threads.

6. Sennsational

See, something like this thread, to me, belongs in the Model section without question:

http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=1404402

I guess there is 'some' reason to post her in Celeb, but not MORE so than the Model section, you know?

7. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Sub-divide the model forum.

Erotic - all Playboy, plus Met-Art, Hegre, Twisty's....etc...

Fashion - All posed, non candid shots. ie, Maxim, VS, Cosmo, Sports Illustrated...etc...

The Celeb Forum would be for all candid, nonprofessional or posed shots.

or sub-divide the Celeb Forum

Fashion

Candid

2 people like this.
  8. Sennsational

Exactly.

Are you my brother? :D

1 person likes this.
  9. Sennsational

Do you consider the VS models to be celebs? Or, more celeb than model?

10. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

So lets move pics of fully clothed celebs to a forum filled with the buttholes & splayed open pussies, because pictures of celebrities don't belong in 'Celebrity Photos' if they are posing for a photographer? That makes perfect sense.

By all means we should make a list of every conceivable publication and then decide which ones belong in which forum based on some non-existent objective rationale (that, obviously, everyone will automatically agree to with no need for incessant argument) because that seems infinitely easier then deciding who is or isn't a celeb.

How about we accept the fact that no matter what we do nobody is going to get exactly what they want the way they want it, and quit pretending we don't know who is or isn't a celebrity to justify imposing our own personal preferences onto a community filled w/ a bunch of people who may not share the same preferences.

Breaking up the forum into an infinite (yes that's an exaggeration) number of sub-forums accounting for every possible classification/type of celeb/contextual activity to ensure that nobody ever ends up with a little chocolate in their peanut butter is never going to happen.

11. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Or just say anything Playboy goes in models.

12. Sennsational

Besides dissecting what little content of this text that is not snarky or condescending in tone, what this response teaches is to, yet again, not give any feedback to the powers that be of Phun.org. Point well taken, again.

13. Adrian762

Adrian762

On 17 of December a thread was posted on the Main Board, "Black and White Celebrities". Who is number 34 and where could I get the rest of the set? She is a doppelganger for a friend of mine.

14. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh... you got me :notworthy:

1 person likes this.
  15. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Your comment is important to us. Your comment is the next comment that we will attend to. Please stay logged in.

3 people like this.
  16. Jack Tripper

You want to divide posts by category, I can see how you might think that's a good idea. But you have to take into account that years and years of content that we already have, perhaps if this was a brand new forum then we could rework it as you say, but right now, it just wouldn't work.

If a member wants to post a Lupita Nyong'o photohoot, he would have to search the Model Forum, because that's where photoshoots would be now, then search the Celebrity Photos Section because that's where they would have been in the past, and then post his thread. Trust me, people are not going to do that and the result will be 100s of reposts.

17. Jack Tripper

Well we all agree on that. What we don't agree on is who is a Celebrity.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jack Tripper

Most of us aren't happy with that, mostly because of the reposts and confusion. We are considering a erotic'ish sub-forum where Playboy and NUTS and all that can go.

19. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Puttin On The Ritz ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I really like this idea. :D

3 people like this.
  20. Sennsational

You never will. Half the people I listed above I would recognize as a model and not a celeb.

Oh, and thank you for addressing my perspective with respect and professionalism. I might be a troll, but I'm not an idiot.

If this is what you decide to do, then a sub-forum within the Celebrity section makes the most sense if moving Playboy, NUTS, Maxim and all other modeling-esque material to the Model section isn't an option. However, it would seem you'll still have two locations for the Playboy material, while also having the perpetual task of deciding which belongs in the Celebrity section and which belongs in the Model section. At least though it will place the Playboy etc. material that DOES land in the Celebrity section in a more appropriate spot. This is good.

It basically is celebrity modeling and erotica, so hopefully the title you choose for the sub-forum will reflect that.