1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO Warnings to enter phun from chrome and firefox.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Flippy, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

We are currently looking into security alerts claiming that phun is unsafe to browse for members and guests. We dont know the source that causes these alerts, there are some indications that there may be malware involved. We will conduct a search through the servers. While it is being done you may notice that things will run more sluggish for awhile. We will inform you further if and when more info is availeble too us.

16 people like this.
  2. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I got that message too, that this site is a fake forgery.

3. Fapuccino

Fapuccino Make peace with your gods ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Someone has apparently reported Phun.org to Google as a phishing site. The alert asked me if I wanted to confirm that it was not a forgery and asked for a captcha, but did not ask for any information. Very suspicious.

4. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet Light My Way.. 15 Year Member

I just got it too. Didn't have to fill in a captcha, just click the go to site link at the end of the message.

Thought it might be someone making a false report to Google as well.

5. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet Light My Way.. 15 Year Member

Report Sent

Thanks for sending a report to Google. Now that you've done your good deed for the day, feel free to:

1. Take a second to rejoice merrily for doing your part in making the web a safer place.

2. Call/email/write to a neighbor/friend/relative and tell them what phishing is and how they can protect themselves.

3. Learn more about malware that can infect your computer on Stopbadware.org.

I put in a good word for Phun, got your back guys! :D

Just ran Malwarebytes and my antivirus, all clean. Just some troll I reckon.

6. Sentinel67

Sentinel67 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I got the phishing warning from one of the Dakota Fanning threads earlier, which was weird, 'cause none of the other links on Phun gave me this warning. I found it difficult to believe anything in that one particular thread would warrant such a warning. I ignored the warning and tried to report it to Google as a false alarm, but I don't think my report went through. When I clicked the send report button, the page for reporting just reloaded. Hmmmm.... :thinks2:

7. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

I don't it on all my computers weirdly enough had it on my desktop pc last night, but here on work i don't get the message

8. Trekkers

Trekkers BANNED

Got the message too, i guess Google Webmaster Tools could shed a light on what is happening.

9. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I'm also one of those that got it, just clicked on ignore (as it was rather late yesterday anyway) to get in again. either some duchebag reported it to google, or it's one of the ads as it was last time.

10. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Seems the problem is sorted now.

2 people like this.
  11. Fapuccino

Fapuccino Make peace with your gods ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yep. Works now.

1 person likes this.
  12. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Something had ticked of googles alert system we have had our webhosters make a scan of the system aswell as doing searches through google. All comes back good so it was an alert that wasnt necessary.

2 people like this.
  13. BeauBrummelstones

BeauBrummelstones

Avast is giving me alerts today that state: "Warning. This site has been marked as a phishing site" whenever I open any thread or forum.

14. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Choking the Robot Chicken ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I blame Trump......

15. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

well, that explains the slow loading we had last week.

betcha it will be certificates mismatching on phun.

did you admins roll back recently? upgrade a signature? host move servers or restore a dns cache?

16. Cy

hillary is our IT CIO, all the config files are stored on her personal email server.

in benghazi.

running appleserver 4.5

on a commodore 64

Fapuccino and Bad Robot like this.
  17. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

We asked cayne if we could upgrade to the commodore, but he's simply not convinced that its better than our ZX Spectrum in anything other than trivial ways.
    Mind you, he is showing a lot of interest in the Raspberry Pi 3, so big things might be afoot?

Fapuccino and Cy like this.
  18. Cy

1.2Ghz quad core + wifi+ bt4.1 will be awesome. dont understand why it's still 1GB of ddr2, but I got 4 on order from the Pi store already, ordered them Tuesday, it's a guess when they will arrive. 2 going in the truck, 2 for home.

I could build you a really spiffy beowulf cluster using Pis. I suppose 16+1 would run phun pretty well, then NAS the Db using ZFS on flash, whats phun dbase size now? only problem i could see would be ram buffers for realtime since there'd be no pcix virtual memory.

19. Cheeseater

Cheeseater Guest

As we pay taxes here ... No problems ! :)

20. highenuff

highenuff

I have found in my use on this forum that 100% of security alerts come from off site host such as dfiles.eu and some others. It has nothing to do with this site or its forums. Keep up the good work guys and gals.