1. Do Not Create New Megathreads in the Sexy Videos Pro Forums without Prior Mod Approval. Failure to Heed this Rule Will Lead To A Ban.
  2. Pixroute is no longer allowed to be used in any forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

New hardware, new software & a general update on things

Discussion in 'Sexy Videos (Pro)' started by cayne, Nov 21, 2016.

1. cayne

cayne Guest

Hey guys,
    I thought it's high time to give you some updates and infos on how things are going behind the curtain...
    I'm aware of the recent wave of problems that struck our little, beloved place on the internet called phun forum!

Most of the issues are coming from sql-injects. These are "attacks" from people who got nothing better to do, than to cause a bad time for others. These attacks are not easily avoidable as the old software we're running offers a lot of loopholes for these people to go after. To some degrees these are worse than DDOS attacks, as you can't ban an IP or take other precautions.

One or two months ago we got a complete new set of servers to deal with the ongoing issues, but as I said earlier, most of the current issues (when there are 0 people online, or better said, just one - you) that's always an sql inject, causing the user timeout to go through the roof until the server crashes.

That's why we have decided to switch to a new forum software. We tried to upgrade vB in the past, but that was just a huge disaster and everything got way worse back than, so that's why we decided to go with XenForo - it's a software that is growing rapidly due to being a more lightweight software than vB and having excellent update-cycles.

As you can imagine it's going to be quite the process to transfer all those millions posts and hundred of thousands of users. We plan to begin the transfer on Dec 1st. That's when we initiate the transfer. Afterwards we will have to do a lot of testing and tweaking, but we hope to get a working version within two weeks. So I hope that we can end the year on a new software already.

I've personally used XenForo already on a smaller site and the use & feel is very similar to vB - so you don't need to be afraid of trying to figure out a new software - a lot of things are similar and the whole team is going to help everybody to get comfortable as quickly as possible.

I also want to use this post, to say "thank you" to all our loyal users. I know it's not always easy around here (performance-wise) and it means the world to me, knowing you guys still stick around.

Let's finish this year with a bang and hopefully we will have a buttery-smooth software in 2017! :D

2 people like this.
  2. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Please translate "bang" as "sweet and slick change-over"! ;)

3. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Thanks for the info boss.. :tup:

4. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

5. Dave

Dave ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

And just that's me in the collage forum in just half of a day.

6. kaloo

kaloo ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Power Poster

thanks we have very nice time with you and in bad day we will be with you .