1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Best TV shows of 2016

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Jack Tripper, Dec 31, 2016.

1. arespilgrim

arespilgrim Blast from the Past ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Blindspot started out great, and I really enjoyed it. Then it trended down towards the end of Season 1, becoming painfully predictable. When you find yourself more interested in a background character (the incomparable Ashley Johnson) than the leads, it 'aint good.

Haven't bothered to watch Season 2, but I had a mass clear out of my shows this season. Even more so at Christmas. I'm watching about 3 shows a week total now from the US. Surprising amount of free time. ;)

2. medievil

medievil

Walking dead
    stranger things
    Van helsing (wasn't sure about it, then after I started watching it I found it pretty darn entertaining)
    Aftermath (Another wasn't sure about and the first episode is kinda weird, but as you go into it, it becomes fairly entertaining)
    Man in the High castle
    Blacklist
    Quantico
    Wynona Eyrp
    Salem (the blood and gore they get away with is awesome!)
    Glitch
    killjoys (Hot indian chick)
    Dark matter
    westworld

there are more but I better end it ..lol

1 person likes this.
  3. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Do people still like The Walking Dead?

I think it's just gone downhill over the years. It used to be about people surviving after the zombie apocalypse, and what kind of personalities would thrive in that kind of environment. Now it just feels like some perverse, sado-masochistic snuff film, who's only driving force is trying to figure out who dies next.

4. Kopite1892

Kopite1892

Fargo was in 2014 & 2015 wasn't it?

5. Jack Tripper

Yup. No season in 2016 because the creator was busy with other stuff and they can only film Fargo in winter.

1 person likes this.
  6. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

It's still running along a parallel with the graphic novel. As long as it continues, I'll watch it. It has become less about man vs. zombie and more about power struggles between the different groups, almost as if the zombies are an afterthought.

7. medievil

medievil

zombies were always an after thought on the show AND in the comic... the walking dead are the people still living, trying to figure out how to survive in a weird new world...The governor story line was about peoples willingness to follow a psycho, just so they could have some sense of normalcy and safety. Negan is about using fear as power to control the masses.....it's all about social situations and a commentary on society....

8. arespilgrim

Just watched Stranger Things

:shock:

Wow. That was so good.

1 person likes this.
  9. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I lost interest with it this past half season. It has stopped feeling like they are telling a story and more like they are just milking every last dollar out of it at a pace that will never bring the story to a close.
    Hopefully they re-invigorate the story next season.

10. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

I still really enjoy TWD, but I would like to see them aim for an end-game. Unfortunately it looks like that's not in the plans. I get that it's a character drama more than it is a plot drama, so I'm aware and accepting of the fact that we'll never know what caused the zombie plague, and we'll never get a cure, but I still want there to be a point to all of it. I don't want to be talking about this show going on season 20.

1 person likes this.
  11. toprankingdon

toprankingdon

Travelers surprised me, it's actually really good!

12. tacomaguy20

tacomaguy20

Best shows
    Game of Thrones - Hands down best show on TV
    Stranger Things - Great show! Really looking forward to season 2
    Westworld - Decent first season. A lot of buildup but kept my interest. Ending was great
    Daredevil - Loved the Punisher. Very good season.
    The last ship - This show seems to fly under the radar but I feel like its pretty darn good
    The Blacklist - Solid show

2nd Tier
    The Walking Dead - This season kinda sucks so far because its building. Bet this year will be great though.
    Luke Cage - Wasn't bad but I wasn't as into it as much as other shows.
    The 100 - I still enjoy watching this show
    Orphan Black - Not as good as previous seasons but still pretty good

Scifi shows
    The Expanse - New show that's pretty good for Scifi
    Killjoys - fun scifi show. It's fun, funny, and serious too. Turn your brain off and enjoy it.
    Dark Matter - Also fun, just zone out and watch.
    The Colony - Pretty good.

Animated Comedy
    Archer - Always good
    Mike Tyson Mysteries - Hilariously funny. If you are not watching, you should be.

13. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Westworld
    Vikings
    The Blacklist
    Blindspot
    12 Monkeys
    Killjoys
    Dark Matter
    The Exorcist
    The Last Ship
    Lucifer
    Banshee
    The Night Manager
    Sense8
    Humans
    Shannara Chronicles
    Game of Thrones
    Timeless
    Travelers
    Shooter
    Supergirl
    The Flash
    Limitless
    The Americans
    Quantico
    The 100
    Colony
    Scorpion
    MacGyver
    BrainDead
    Life in Pieces
    The Big Bang Theory
    Modern Family

14. irishwhip

irishwhip

I was really looking forward to the shannara chronicles, having been a bit of a terry brooks nerd in my teens, but the main actors were pretty terrible. like hayden christiansen as anakin terrible.
    Easy on the eye though, especially eritria.

15. nathaniel5

nathaniel5

No one's going to mention Mr. Robot except for AlexisWhen? Definitely in my top three with Game of Thrones and Westworld.

16. Jack Tripper

I thought that season 2 of Mr. Robot was really lacking. It felt stalled and self indulgent. There was no energy or driving force like their was for season 1. Hopefully season 3 will be better.

17. hustler077

hustler077

I thought Grandfathered and The Grinder were really good, but I guess they got canceled after the 1st season

18. arespilgrim

The Expanse - back for a 2nd season, and banging out of the traps. [​IMG][​IMG]

essential likes this.