Page 594 of 678 FirstFirst ... 94 494 544 584 592 593 594 595 596 604 644 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 10160

Thread: Last movie you watched was...

Thanks
    Thanked 329,286 Times in 29,743 Posts

Kicking & Screaming(Family/Sports/Comedy)

Phil Weston was born and he was a blank slate that could be just about anything he ever set his dreams too. Atleast for 2 seconds until he set his eyes on his father Buck Weston who put a soccerball in his childcrib. Ever since that moment Phil has been trying to excel in sports and well he isnt exactly sportmaterial. In college he met the love of his life and he marries his love on the same day as his dad marries a new lovelife. Phils son and Phils younger brother are born on the same day and its clear that they will be playing in the same peevee soccerteam coached by Buck. Buck is not impressed by his grandson too say the least and he is traded to the worst team in the series. The tigers is a misfit Group of various kids and the biggest problem is that none of the parents have seen the coach for some time since the first match they played and lost. Needless to say Phil steps in as coach will he be able to win against Bucks team and regain some of Bucks love.

I dont want to be to harsh to be honest. It is an family oriented movie and as such its a fairly harmless little film worth the occasional laugh or giggle. I do feel that the film is a bit too plain as a whole there are nothing distinct about it. Not really funny even if there are individual scenes that made me smile. The sports aspect of it cant be taken seriously since its all for shits and giggles. The ongoing grumpy old men thing that is going on between Bucky and his neighboor is a bit fun and they could have played that out more. Will Ferrell is funniest in very limited dosages and you need to be in the mood Before watching anything he is in and well lets just say he isnt winning me over by this. Very plain, mediocre and the sport cliches are flying all over the Place. Yeah i dont exactly need too say that all moviefans in here will now how this film will end.

4/10

It was the best of times, A.tab's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 106,678 Times in 35,122 Posts

Superman- Man of Steel 8/10

I enjoyed the movie and specially the Krypton section..
    We are ready for the sequels

I am sorry but I have been a Superman fan since
    long ago and.consider him the only Super hero..All others are wussies

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A.tab For The Above Post:

Läderlappen (06-30-2013)

Thanks

X-Men: First Class(Action/SciFi)

The Movie starts of by following the two main characters that later were to stand for different views in the X men universe. Young Erik Lensherr is abruptly being put away from his mother in the concentration camps of Hitlers Germany. Enraged by this his true powers to bend and affect metal becomes apparent as he tries to go through the gates between him and his mother. It is all in vein when one of the german camp officers beats him unconscious. In England not far away at a country estate Young Charles Xavier is awakened by some noises from the kitchen. He sees his mom in the kitchen but something is wrong about her manners and how she treats him. He uses his telepathic powers and convinces the shapeshifting mutant Raven to show her true form. She would later take the name Mystique. In recent time in this case the cold wars 60s Erik and Charles has to come to terms with their differences to fight a common enemy that has connections to Eriks past in Germany.

Another installment in the X Men franchise. Some new characters are introduced while others understandably hasnt made their appearance just yet. Wolverine has a small cameo but that is about it. No this is about telling the origin of how Everything started. I Always liked the complicated relationship between Magneto and Xavier in the earlier films it was never a fullout hatred between them but a mix of difference in opinion and an underlying respect between them. It was off course greatly portrayed by Sir Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. I was hoping to see the origin of it all and even if some answers were somewhat filled im still underwhelmed mainly due too the rushed pace of everything in the film. Its if the scriptmakers had so many ideas they wanted to fill in the film that they didnt have time to implement them in a good way. Kevin Bacon is great but his Powers as the main villain seem a bit meh. Overall a good installement and it fits in nicely in the topranks with other superhero films i have seen.

6.5/10

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flippy For The Above Post:

Läderlappen (06-30-2013)

Habaneros estes no bueno por mi culo YourPalJustin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 88,910 Times in 9,680 Posts

Thumbs up

On the Waterfront (1954) ... 7/10

I liked it, but there were a few things that keep it from being a classic in my mind. First, the score was a huge, annoying distraction. I can't believe this is the work of the famous maestro Leonard Bernstein. Second, the cinematography did not feel like a unified piece of work. Some of the shots seemed to be on drastically cheaper, grainy film stock. The camera angles were all over the place.

Now the positives: Brando was pretty good. Karl Malden as the priest was excellent. The guy who played Johnny Friendly was very good. There were some truly great scenes. I would go so far as to say that Karl Malden's "crucifixion" speech was better than Henry Fonda's "I'll be there" speech in The Grapes of Wrath. Credit for that goes to Budd Schulberg. I really like that guy's dialogue when it's delivered by the right actor (which is why A Face in the Crowd is one of my all-time favorites).

Thanks
    Thanked 70,346 Times in 10,294 Posts

Man Of Steel - 2.5/10.

The 1st hour of this was utterly stupid.....disorganized plot line, bad dialog, cheesy scenes and really no story or character build up........after that the action kicks in and it gets somewhat interesting.....but really the faults continue on through out the movie........I'm not really that into superhero movies to begin with but usually for the most part I am entertained......this I found was below par even with that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Tripper For The Above Post:

Xray (06-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 25,247 Times in 4,689 Posts

I agree about Man of Steel. It was more of a sci-fi movie than a superhero movie. I liked Superman 1 & 2 and even Superman Returns was pretty good. But this one was disjointed. He went to Earth, not much about his childhood other than a few flashbacks, and then total and utter destruction in a way too long (45 mins) fight scene.

Just because you have special effects at your disposal, doesn't mean you have to use them for the entire movie.

4/10

Thanks
    Thanked 70,346 Times in 10,294 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    I agree about Man of Steel. It was more of a sci-fi movie than a superhero movie. I liked Superman 1 & 2 and even Superman Returns was pretty good. But this one was disjointed. He went to Earth, not much about his childhood other than a few flashbacks, and then total and utter destruction in a way too long (45 mins) fight scene.

Just because you have special effects at your disposal, doesn't mean you have to use them for the entire movie.

4/10

I was surprised that they downplayed the role of Jonathan Kent so much.....he only had 2-3 scenes....and Clark so easily accepted Jor El as his father and seemed unconcerned about his Earth parents for most of the time.

Finally
    Thanks
    Thanked 75,410 Times in 12,659 Posts

Fright Night

8/10

Totally didn't expect it to be as well put together or funny. Colin Farrell was ace in it and Imogen Poots was very beautiful to watch. The film didn't fuck around either, the pacing kept everything moving at a pitch perfect pace. It wasn't bogged down by dramatic beats or character building. It just did it's shit and ended.

Great movie.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jammsbro For The Above Post:

Läderlappen (06-30-2013)

Finally
    Thanks

Tower Heist

3/10

It's an unfair rating because I turned it off after forty minutes. It wasn't working for me on any level. Ben Stiller thought he was in a high drama piece whilst Eddie Murphy thought he was in a riotous comedy. Neither were right. It was a mismatched affair that didn't garner any interest from me and eventually got switched off.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,160 Times in 7,810 Posts

Grumpier Old Men 4.5/5.0

Had an 82 year old Uncle die this morning, family is getting things squared away so I'm watching Burgess Meredith's last movie in tribute.
    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cy For The Above Post:

Jammsbro (06-30-2013)

Job? What job?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jammsbro View Post
    Tower Heist

3/10

It's an unfair rating because I turned it off after forty minutes...
    No, Jammsbro, it's totally justified and sometimes necessary for self-preservation

I use my 30-to-45-minutes criterion consequently and turn the movies off if they fail to convince me. Like your grade, they get a 3/10 and lower.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to blackthorne16 For The Above Post:

Jammsbro (06-30-2013)

Thanks

The Debt(Thriller/Drama)

A Young man knocks on the door to an appartement in Israel. An elderly man opens the door. I have been expecting you should we go he says. The two walks out of the appartement and heads out in the morning rushtraffic and walks over too two Volvo cars standing on the side of the road. The man looks over to the other car and seems to smile a bit and nod to whomever is watching him. He looks out into the street and steps out in front of an oncomming vehicle. The movie switches focus from 1997 and we are thrown back to 1965 its the Cold War and we are in Berlin. Eastern Berlin to be more precise and three young and very focused Mossad agents meet for the first time. The have gotten information of the whereabouts of a former warcriminal that has been seen somewhere in Berlin. The doctor of Birkenau must pay for the crime he has commited to the jews as well as the state of Israel.

A Movie with two ongoing storylines that intertwines at times. Most of the focus early on is the actions that happens and take place in Berlin. I like the aspect that the Movie makers have tried to focus on not glorifying the agent work, no what we see here is planning and waiting for the right time to strike. So it might come across as a tad boring but it is always a certain nerve to every scene that i like. Jessica Chastain really shines as the woman in the Group she depicts the nervous newly assigned agent. Both determined and fragile at the same time. Not like the two guys that are more like programmed machines. The real star here though are Jesper Christensen as the war criminal he is delightfully despicable, ruthless, creepy and flatout evil. This isnt a person that with age has sought repentance on the horrible acts he has done. No way he is a calculating Cold fish that will do it again if he had the chance and he knows how to work his captors to find a way to escape. The later part of the film isnt as interesting too me and the ending is somewhat what you would expect so it drags down my grade somewhat, but overall a strong film.

7/10

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Flippy For The Above Post:

Jammsbro (06-30-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,633 Times in 5,039 Posts

Predators (2010)

Was expecting a lot as I love the first Predator movie and this one was rated quite good by movie experts (magazines & tv). Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne, Robert Rodriguez - sounds good to me.
    As a conclusion after 106mins I have to say that the movie was flat, uninspired and boring. Nice action scenes of course, but nothing to surprise or even impress the audience. (There is actually one character who has the potential to surprise, but he isn't developed wide enough.)

6/10

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lil' wutz For The Above Post:

Jammsbro (06-30-2013), Läderlappen (06-30-2013)

Habaneros estes no bueno por mi culo YourPalJustin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 88,910 Times in 9,680 Posts

The Raven ... 5/10

Alice Eve and some of the swears made me smile. I was a little annoyed at how deliberately the dialogue misdirected you to suspect the wrong guy.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to YourPalJustin For The Above Post:

Läderlappen (06-30-2013)

Finally
    Thanks

Did not know that Jessica Chastain was in The Debt. Will now watch.

Braveheart.

Emotional, slightly too long, some bad editing, historically nonsensical, but bloody brilliant stuff.

7/10 with the bad editing, 8/10 if they fixed it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jammsbro For The Above Post:

Flippy (06-30-2013)