Page 678 of 678 FirstFirst ... 178 578 628 668 676 677 678
Results 10,156 to 10,160 of 10160

Thread: Last movie you watched was...

Thanks
    Thanked 93,169 Times in 33,054 Posts

I think the title should be changed from "saw" to "watched."

There's a difference. If you don't know the difference, you've never been to a drive-in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to J3scribe For The Above Post:

Flippy (01-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 329,286 Times in 29,743 Posts

Cardboard Boxer(Drama)

Willie did some dumpster diving on one of his nightly walks in the big city. Most of the stuff had been sverly burned but he did find a diary from a young girl. He could only read one entry as he cant read cursive. But it was enough to inspire him to write back to the girl. Willie is homeless. He tries the best he can to stay away from trouble. He knows a rooftop where he likes to sit in the evening and night. He can see most of the city skyline from his place. Like the girl he dont like thunder. It has been very cold at night the past while and some hispanic thugs stole his sleeping bag. Its been hard to sleep at night since then as he cant relax. I feel that there probably could be an underlying message to the story and plot in this indie production, but i cant really see it. Its one of those cases where i can see potential and just wait for the feature to deliver it but it never happens. It starts up in one pace and continues through the runtime at the same pace. I will say that Thomas Haden Church is perfectly casted as Willie. There is something both wild and also very scared about his character. The unpredictability about this makes it hard to figure out how he will react to situations. Will he fight, flee or act normal to things that occur. Not bad i just wish there were more to it.

6/10

Thanks
    Thanked 44,647 Times in 9,629 Posts

Spectral

A sci-fi/thriller story centered on a special-ops team that is dispatched to fight supernatural beings.

7/10
    If at first you don't succeed, laugh until you do...

Thanks
    Thanked 70,346 Times in 10,294 Posts

Christine - 2/10.

I know that it can be hard to make bio-pics interesting, but this one doesn't even seem to try. The movie just feels lost within itself and it's title character without seeming to realize that she, Christine, isn't that noteworthy or famous. The end result is just a movie that is sad and boring. Rebecca Hall does a great job as Christine and might have even got some awards for Best Actress had the movie been better. In short, I don't recommend watching this.

Thanks
    Thanked 329,286 Times in 29,743 Posts

The Girl With All The Gifts(Drama/Horror)

A cell somewhere in a facility. A young girl counts in the cell. It is usually enough to count to 40. That is when the men and women with guns come in. By that time she has already moved from the bed and are in the wheel chair. She is very polite and calls them by their names. She is straped in and that is usually when the soldiers can relax a bit. She is taken to class with all the other children that also are straped in. None of them has seen the outside or what that is. While the soldiers with sgt Parks sees the kids as items and mere numbers one shouldnt be attached to the girl can always count on Justineau to treat them well. This morning is different though the soldiers doesnt come when she reaches 40. The less you know going into this the better as far as entertainment value goes so i suggest ignoring too many trailers. It provides what it sets out to do within its genre so its not a complete time waster. I will say that it falls a bit short since the danger is so similair to other features in the genre. And when you see the same thing several times the shock value just isnt there anymore. The acting from Considine and Close are strong and it shows they enjoy their time in this. Not bad it looses a bit of steam as the feature goes on though.

6/10