1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

A Nature Lovers Thread....

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by bamafan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

With Your great knowledge of the PS that would be a awesome combination ! ;)

So true ! The eye is the most amazing lens !

The Nikon D90 is a fine camera, but as i only take photos, i`m a bit doubtful of the combination of photo and movie camera.
    I bought the Nikon D300 some time ago and i`m very happy with it.

Anyway i still think a good analog camera gives you a depth and a colour scale that is hard to beat.

2. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Hej Guys !

I bought this camera for my Dad today. He want`s a easy one and i got some info that this one is a good one.
    Seeing some test pics i`m impressed with this little one.
    Just want to hear what You Guys think about this !

Canon Powershot SX10 IS

http://www.docameras.com/canon/sx10is_digitalcamera.html

... i may show some pics when i get back from my holiday in the end of July ! :)

..... AND some pics from my own camera ! Just hope they are better ! ;):)

3. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Seems like a good choice.

Still pondering on the Nikon d90 and the new Pentax k-7.
    Would go for the Pentax in an instant ... only my favorite wide angle Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm doesn't fit on it. :(

Comes summer I'll make a decision 'cause I really want to start on digital images although I'll never part from my trusted film Pentax and Nikon F-801.

4. Magge

Step up a bit if You can ! The Nikon D300 is a soo much better then the D90 and i`m soo happy with it ! :)
    Bought a 50mm lens for it too.

Next step would be the D700 ... Who has that money laying around ?

Anyway, there is no limit ....

5. The Cunt Factory

The d300 is probably the best camera on market in the dx format, but from the reviews I read the d90 comes awfully close.
    The d300 is only slightly better at high iso's (3200) so the € 500 difference in price is only for a better (weather resistent) body and a 51-point AF to the 11-point AF from the d90.
    So if it's going to be a Nikon then I'll probably get me the d90 and spend the saved € 500 on lenses 'cause that's the most important part of the camera anyways.

The d700 is a fx (full frame) format camera so that's just like all the old film camera's; sadly all my old lenses I have on my F-801 don't work properly on it so I'd have to buy new expensive lenses on that as well.

There is just too many choices to make. :D

Magge likes this.
  6. dimebag28

dimebag28

wow. . . thats Great

7. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

CF........I'm guessing you've been here http://www.dpreview.com/
    ......... But if you haven't it is the most comprehensive review sight for Digital cams I have found...

8. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Some Peonies and other flowers taken in my yard..... Panasonic FZ10 w/ Leica Lens........ Couldn't afford a SLR... As you can see the dark areas get a bit grainy in high contrast pics.....but overall it takes some nice pics for a 4mpx camera.....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

S-type, TheRiver, SilentB and 4 others like this.
  9. The Cunt Factory

Yep I did, and lots of others ... but mostly I talked to some photographers I know.
    After that I decided to stay with the old full frame format only in digital so I'm really down to a Nikon d700 to keep it a bit affordable (still $ 2,000 though).
    For the lense I'm undecided: the AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 G ED (can't hold filters) or the AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8 G ED which takes filters.

Don't worry too much about the grain (in fact it's noise rather than grain) ... remember you're seeing them on screen in a large size.
    Once you print them on a 18cm x 12cm they'll look quite good.
    Keeping noise under control is best done by staying away from high iso's (try and keep it at 200 or lower if the camera handles that).

The second one is really great, nice color balance and beautiful depth of field with a soft even blur.

Took the liberty to process the first one.
    Reduced the size to 1200x900 so you can see it at 100% on screen.
    Reduced the noise, corrected some dust and boosted the color contrast with an S-curve.

source [​IMG] output [​IMG]

S-type, TheRiver, SilentB and 4 others like this.
  10. Magge

The "Clam-Attack" ........ ;):)

S-type, SilentKnight, SilentB and 6 others like this.
  11. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

12. bamafan

bamafan Staring at (.)Y(.) ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

LOL @ the claims, nastly looking. Your skills are improving with the camera Magge!

Lovely country Hayd, thanks!

haydaddict and Magge like this.
  13. Magge

All still green, nice ! Thanks Hayd ! :D

Thanks ! That was just a odd thing i found today. The camera makes it easy ! ;):D

14. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Yep they dont have water problem there yet...these are beside a creek...if i translated that correctly :p

Magge likes this.
  15. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

I've been enjoying time away from here, following these..
    [​IMG]

that are being pursued by these..
    [​IMG]

in places like this...
    [​IMG]

S-type, haydaddict, bamafan and 5 others like this.
  16. Magge

Awesome places makes You feel good ! :D

You found one Silent, take care of that one !

17. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Photographer

(images removed by SilentKnight)

TheRiver, S-type, 2001pm and 10 others like this.
  18. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

A few shots I've taken over the years, my bedroom window faces east so most are of the sunrise, they were taken with my cell camera so the quality is a bit bad.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That is a shot of the full moon.
    [​IMG]

TheRiver, S-type, smi and 11 others like this.
  19. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Someone suggested that i post these in here. Its where i live.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

TheRiver, S-type, 2001pm and 12 others like this.
  20. The Cunt Factory

You live in a meadow :confused:

Anyways, really wanted to see them horses so I corrected the exposure, slight curve for contrast and levelled the horizon a bit. ;)

[​IMG] framed [​IMG]