1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

SOTW 61 - Technology - Voting Thread

Discussion in 'Expired Polls' started by Lukin, May 21, 2010.

?

Vote for your favourite sig...

Poll closed May 24, 2010.
  1. Sig 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sig 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sig 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sig 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sig 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sig 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sig 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LiquidVapors

LiquidVapors Lawyers, Guns And Money ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Voted. Thanks For All The Entires

2. woody01

woody01

Voted for sig 1 might of voted for sig 2 but had to reload the page a couple of times before it was viewable. Agree with essential don't see what sig 7 has to do with technology and I'm surprised it's winning.

3. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

You don't think a camera is technology?

4. woody01

woody01

The focus of the sig seemed more on the chick holding the camera than the camera. Didn't mean to single out sig 7, as I think sig 3 is more a terminator or Summer Glau themed and sig 5 is more a fantasy, game themed sig, but probably did just because it was mention before and winning. These all great sigs and far better than anything I could do and hope this post hasn't ruffled too many feathers.

5. AFX

AFX Guest

I have to agree with Essential here. The fact is that with any SOTW contest past or present, as long as your entry contains something vaguely related to the theme, it's deemed acceptable, and will almost guarantee votes if it contains an attractive lady. Personally I always vote for the sig that I think looks the nicest, but also represents the theme the best. Out of all the sigs here I've gone for number 1. Despite the fact it's oversized, at least it makes sense given the theme choice.

6. dairymilk654

dairymilk654

I agree with Woody,

7. Drowning In My Sleep

Drowning In My Sleep Emma=looking good again

8. dairymilk654

dairymilk654

I think changes in some rules need to be made, I personally think that the theme and or SOTW should be in the sig, that way we know for certain if its copied from another site...not saying anyone here has. . . *cough*

9. AFX

AFX Guest

BTW, I apologise to whoever made sig seven as my previous post looks like a bit of a direct attack. I can assure you it wasn't and was merely a general observation. I do wonder if there's any point in having themes at all though, plus we might get more entrants if we scratched them.

10. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

well #1 is now fixed, i'm certain it was merely an oversight in the final stages as opposed to a malicious attempt to gain extra pixels ;) given that it's from one of the boards longer-standing and more repsected members of the CB

as for the themes, it's very difficult to grade sigs on how relevant they are to the theme, bearing in mind the same rules have to apply to all sigs (which could vary wildly) and from week to week, so how relevant a sig is to technology this week has to somehow directly correlate with how relevant a sig is to, say, Science, next week.

i don't really have a problem allowing ANY sig into the contest, relevant or not, the real power lies with the voter; if you don't think it's relevant enough, don't vote for it. once we start disallowing some people but not others it's just gonna cause participants to dwindle and people to become disillusioned if they're sigs are continually refused.

p.s. i voted for #4, not the best executed sig, but by far the most creative!

11. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

A LOT of votes this time around! Wow! :shock:

I voted for #6 in the end, I just like it the best all around; eg. effects, border, lighting.

I would have done the text a little differently, but it's still great imo! :thumbs:

12. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

since my contribution didn't get a single vote I didn't vote for anyone else either....

:lol:no just kidding I sort of imagined mine wouldn't get voted for! the real reason I didn't vote was that I just couldn't decide!

13. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Yours is a great sig, I think it fell down on the fact that it does not appear to be related to the theme ( not a dig, just an opinion)

14. AFX

AFX Guest

Don't take this the wrong way TheOne, but I think it might just be the image quality that went against you. It's a great idea for a sig and well executed, but it looks a little fuzzy. I don't know if something went wrong when you saved it (it's happened to me before) or if it was just LQ source material.:2cent:

15. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

winner is.... HELIUM again!!! but only just this time, don't think we've had one that close for a while.

full results going up now

16. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

don't you know what's under her skin:D

not sure what you mean by bad image quality, do you mean the image of Cameron (Summer Glau) within the circle, cause that were meant to be in bad quality since it was intended to look like it was taken from an securitycameraclip, and the whole pic is meant to be the view of a chasing "Terminator"... guess that was a bad idea...

sources:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

well nevermind I almost didn't send it in cause I couldn't think of anything else!

17. AFX

AFX Guest

In that case I apologise then One because I didn't realise that the zoomed in Summer pic was supposed to look like a security camera view. It went straight over my head. Perhaps the sig was too clever for its own good.:)

TheOne likes this.