1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Hotfile Terminated Thousands of Accounts

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by jase07, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jase07

jase07

2. FullNew

FullNew

[​IMG]

sent me an e-mail!

Your account has been terminated due to
    repeated alleged copyright violations

Policy of Terminating Accounts - Update
    2011-02-19
    Hotfile.com has always maintained a policy of terminating the accounts of users found to have engaged in repeated copyright infringement.
    Our Terms of Service, to which all users must agree, prohibit using Hotfile.com to share content to which users do not have intellectual property rights. Recently, we have become concerned that despite these policies, some users persist in attempting to use Hotfile.com to share materials to which they do not have the necessary rights. Therefore, we have implemented a more aggressive policy of terminating the accounts of users who are the subject of repeated complaints of infringement.

I bought the premium one and a half years and there are 95 dollar on my account. All of my files deleted.

ref; Hotfile: Account Termination

Please do not delete this thread!

Shenmue and jase07 like this.
  3. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I think this might be just a temporary ploy by Hotfile, as they deal with their current legal battles similar to what Rapidshare went through. It's likely all the accounts terminated by Hotfile is a "sign of good faith" to show the lawyers their stepping up their game when it comes to copyright infringement.

Also, from what I understand, most of the accounts deleted were from uploaders who posted their HF links ALL over the place, most likely using "bots" to spam their HF links .

Nonohari, Shenmue and jase07 like this.
  4. Mo

Mo LFC 4 Life ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does suck tho tho i was always thinking of getting filesonic or fileserve i don't which need to find which works better in 0z & using IDM.

5. blowmoney

blowmoney

my account suspended today with reason copyright ???

6. ackt

ackt Qian jin! Qian jin!

mine is not suspended ..... but i don't use it anymore anyway :)

7. Capster

Capster ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This so stupid on their part, obviously they did not adhere to dmca reports which I get hundreds of a day so i can know how many they get. by law all you have to do is remove the files and they are safe.

thinking you can go to some remote country and you are safe is moronic ask the guys at napster

it sucks but just remove the files they can easily be reupped

8. edifier300

edifier300 BANNED

mine is also got suspended :(

9. PbloggerKing

PbloggerKing !*The One*!

10. boobsjuggsdotcom

boobsjuggsdotcom

Due to recent changes in Hotfile they are terminating lots of hotfile free user account as well as premium account. Hotfile not only terminating accounts they deletes all files too. I see a thread somewhere lots of user said that his account is suspended.

At phun when I check hotfile link almost 70% links are dead.

I think now hotfile gone. Will phun introduce some new host in place of Hotfile.

I am asking because after some time only filesonic link posted by user and there is no choice of users who want to download.

Thanks

11. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Just noticed this too....disturbing.

jase07 likes this.
  12. LarsUlrichTheSecond

LarsUlrichTheSecond I'm back! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

bad times :(

jase07 likes this.
  13. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

This makes sense. For a while now I have been trying to D/L from hotfile and they either aren't there or they just sit at zero until I cancel them.

jase07 likes this.
  14. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

GO FILESONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might actually buy a premium now.

15. daystar

daystar Hallucinating Light

16. deepatsea3

deepatsea3 BANNED

i hope the next one will be filesonic...

17. boobsjuggsdotcom

boobsjuggsdotcom

May be. But I ask about a new host. Now phun is only filesonic. Because no body post hotfile therefore only filesonic. New name may be phunsonic. Consider new host whatever you want. But be in mind that the filehost must reward their user otherwise no one posting and phun became phunsonic.

18. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

There is still rapidshare

19. deepatsea3

deepatsea3 BANNED

rapidshare, megaupload, mediafire & zshare are allowed here... but there's no money to make with these hosts... maybe it's the reason of their unpopularity...

20. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Personaly i will never use hotfile of filesonic. I also won't use sharenxs as imagehost