1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

70K And Then Some: My Annual Christmas Greetings Thread!

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by J3scribe, Dec 24, 2011.

1. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Okay, so it's not an official milestone. These things don't always coincide....

So back in mid October my mom calls me up and says she thinks her (artificial) knee is acting quirky because her left leg is feeling numb. Can I go with her and dad to the hospital to have it checked out? Says I: sure. Turns out that's not the problem at all. She had a blood clot in her leg cutting off circulation. And if she had waited one (1) more day to tend to it she would have lost that leg below the knee. My mom is 89. She's enjoyed good health for all those years. It's nothing less than amazing, but something she came to assume.

Long story short, because of that seemingly simple problem my mom had to leave Las Vegas and move to Phoenix where a better physical therapy (for her post-op recovery) treatment center was located. Of course, that means my dad went there as well. And there they will stay, safely provided for by my niece and her family. They are in good hands.

What I'm leading up to is this: for the first time in 13 years I'm on my own again, alone in a town without any family nearby. Boo hoo for me? NO. I've been here before in the past, so it's no big deal.

Except this time, as opposed to those past times, I have a different family to take comfort in, now more so than ever. That family is my phun family, a family I've embraced with great passion for several years now since discovering this place. YOU are as much my family and friends as any I've ever had. And I mean that sincerely and without reservation.

So thank you Chuck and Steve and Allen, Charlie and Anja; Matt and Michael; Dave and Tam; Aftab and Damien; Ron and Vance; Sandy and Dave; Charlie and Emery; Daniel and Ashkay; John and Mark and John again; Nick and Sean; Stevie and Ian; Kerry and Eric; David and Kieks; Jim and Jamie; Daniel and Magnus...

If I failed to mention your name, or worse yet, neglected to learn it in the first place, shame on me. You've all been wonderful friends!

AND SO I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, AND RAISE A GLASS TO YOUR HEALTH THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
    CHEERS, SALUD, SKOL, A VOTRE SANTE!

[​IMG]

2. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

even if it`s tough some times (and that`s not because of some 504/502/404)...

zum wohl, Scribe! on to the 80 and some.

A.tab, spiderswims and J3scribe like this.
  3. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

congrats my Friend. I am very happy that your Mom was able to recover and am very thankful that she was able to get to the Doctor in time! I'm sorry that they left but know that they are in great hands, the Physiotherapists can help so much.

you are a great Friend, I'm glad to have phun here. whenever I feel the need to talk with People other than my own Family I always know that I can come here and talk.

May you have a safe Christmas, Happy New Year and a great 2012.

J3scribe likes this.
  4. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

CONGRATS on your 70K Scribble !
    It`s good to have you as a friend and i wish you all the best for Christmas and also a awesome 2012 !

J3scribe likes this.
  5. elturko78

elturko78 Treu Anarchist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Jeff, i'm really glad that your mom was able to see the doctor in time and now is able to have a full recovery.
    Is great having you here on Phun to share all your wisdom bro, all the best for you and your beloved ones.
    Salud to you and to all my Phun bros!

[​IMG]

J3scribe likes this.
  6. Redwing1

Redwing1 LOW LIFE ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Congrat's Mr. Scribe .
    You're a great guy to have here.All the best to you and your family

J3scribe likes this.
  7. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Merry Christmas!

My hat is off and my glass is raised. Kenats't

J3scribe likes this.
  8. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

merry christmas all.

J3scribe likes this.
  9. HeavyToka

HeavyToka Lost in a haze ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Congrats on 70k!! & Merry Christmas to everyone on Phun!!

J3scribe likes this.
  10. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

Congrats on the milestone!!!! Happy Holidays to All!!! :beerchug:

J3scribe likes this.
  11. Thore

Thore Thunder Dude ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun's Chester Cheetah

You are a good friend, Scribe. :cheeers:

J3scribe likes this.
  12. MovieHound

MovieHound

Congrats and happy holidays! :cheers:

J3scribe likes this.
  13. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

:shock: Scribe, so it's true... you're a goddamn sap. :mrgreen:

Then again, I've always suspected that, underneath that cynical shell, you're at heart a sentimentalist. ;)

Congrats on the milestone and Merry Christmas. If you start having thoughts of loneliness, here's two blondes to keep you company while watching the Christmas tree:

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, they're nekkid, too. :naughty:

Happy Holidays!

J3scribe likes this.
  14. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Yeah, I am an old softy at heart. :lol:

15. firefly1984

firefly1984 Make It So.

Here's to you buddy :beerchug:

J3scribe likes this.
  16. Jack Tripper