1. Do Not Create New Megathreads in the Sexy Videos Pro Forums without Prior Mod Approval. Failure to Heed this Rule Will Lead To A Ban.
  2. Pixroute is no longer allowed to be used in any forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: If we were to allow Depositfiles as an approved host?.............

Discussion in 'Sexy Videos (Pro)' started by Salty Longshanks, Feb 20, 2012.

?

If we allow them would you ...............

1. Approve

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Disapprove

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Be indifferent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Looking for input here gents, but nothing is carved in stone. :beerchug:

quochuy9109, cu_way, Stiglitz and 6 others like this.
  2. Thore

Thore Thunder Dude ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun's Chester Cheetah

I am not familiar with Depositfiles....thus I am indifferent. Sorry. :|

Salty Longshanks likes this.
  3. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

My opinios on filehosts is the more options, the better...as long as they arent some f*cked up hosts full of spyware and other suspicious things!

PEEJAY and Salty Longshanks like this.
  4. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

I'd like to think that you'd have enough faith in us to know that we'd never bring that shit upon the phundom hayd. We don't shit where we eat my friend. :wink:

5. 5p1d3R

5p1d3R Perfect Pair Hunting ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The only thing that I would say, that I am sure you already know, is that for free users there is a time-out of at least 15 mins between free downloads and for bigger files as long as 2 hrs. So this makes downloading multiple parts very lengthy.

fallenhero and Salty Longshanks like this.
  6. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

DEPO is a reasonable option, but hosters will split up files to 200 MB, thus it will be 2-3 hours for a 400 MB file, and 3-5 hours for a 550 MB file, with the wait times. It is not uncommon to encounter a 3.5 hour wait between dls in the USA. Also there are some nasty pop ups no matter how many pop stoppers you have.

I don't think their rewards program is very profitable so paid hosters won't make much money from it, which is a good thing.

7. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Im here...arent i? :p

8. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

I never go to vid parts so i don't care what hosts are going to be used or not

vandetta880 likes this.
  9. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I voted disapprove... with the caveat that Depositfiles is the ONLY filehosting service added.

With Hotfile phasing themselves out, Rapidshare capping download speeds and Mediafire under supposed government audit (can someone confirm the Mediafire rumor? I've only read forum posts about it), Phun should add perhaps 2 maybe 3 more filehost options. Depositfiles is an okay option - for free users, their speeds can vary depending on the time of day (anywhere from 90kbps ~ 500kbps), but its their wait time between downloads that can be really annoying. I will say that Depositfiles is pretty stable - don't think I've ever had a download interrupted when downloading from DF.

10. riqardo

riqardo Ten Years of Phun

Just tried to d/l a file using DF for the first time. The d/l time was going to be 1 hour +, but it was interrupted four times which meant I'd have to start up all over again each time. I gave up!!! HF and MF are the only two that I can currently d/l in the +5 time zone.

11. Beerhammer

Beerhammer

Myself like a lot of others it seems have never used them- maybe you could put them on for a week long trial period so we can see if they're any good? seems like our options are dwindling fast :(

12. mr.khan

mr.khan ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

it's approve and good but also also ORON bcoz oron is best

13. moon_star

moon_star Back From Hell!! ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i approved yes... but although i m not happy with depositfiles.. i get my 1 account already blocked due to DMCA on bangbros videos.. there should be other options too... i would give say oron is best choice in this time!!

14. BlooDWaRd

BlooDWaRd BANNED

Disapprove
    Germany , USA in many countries, such as not counting downloads

15. CrazyGuy_911

CrazyGuy_911

I say APPROVE

Need a reliable host, for as long it's possible !!! It's pretty stable, even for free users.
    Hope can switch to it, cause don't like RS & HF anymore, slow speed, interrupts, it Sucks ...!!!

16. 5p1d3R

5p1d3R Perfect Pair Hunting ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I went ahead and got a Deposit files gold acct to try it out. Says up to 50 parallel downloads, but I have noticed very, very, very slow speeds - even with the premium acct. I have to say that I am not impressed. Most of my downloads, which are all under 300 mb are downloading at a rate under 100 kb per minute. For example, I have two downloads as I write: one at downloading at 38KB/min (64mb in size) and the other at 85KB/sec (265mb in size). Seems rather slow for a premium acct, when I am used to getting speeds around 600 kb/sec to 1.5mb/sec with Rapidshare/Filesonic. Shit, I am positive that Mediafire's free downloads are faster ... As for something reliable, I guess Desposit files does have that going for them. I voted for adding them simply because I am for adding any filehosts at this point.

Here is a look at what I am experiencing with 8 simultaneous downloads:

[​IMG]

These are image set folders

ktm2001, brianbell25 and mokkoriman like this.
  17. Shenmue

Shenmue ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I hate depositfiles, but it is without doubt the best choice at the moment .
    Dl speed seems good for premium (as free user I dl at only 10kb/s max) , they ve been there for many years, site seems stable.

18. cosmicfilter

cosmicfilter

Since most/many hosters are under attack from the U.S. inJustice Dept. the long term answer may be hosts in countries which ignore the U.S. gov't. That seems to mean ones that are more risky for other reasons. The more likely long term result will likely be NO free services as the hosters begin paying royalties for each DL. I'm guessing a lot of our members that are hung up on free users DL inconveniences probably pay for cable or satellite TV, or XM radio. Me? I give up a cup of coffee each week and pay for 4 DL services (not RS or FS anymore).

Depositfiles would be an acceptable addition to Phun (as would Oron, which I have not had a single issue with in 2 years), but don't expect them to last long.

19. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I noticed today that I could dl a smaller DF file while a larger file was in progress. I don't know if they were different countries or what.

20. kunwara

kunwara

we could allow depositfiles as mirror . RS/HF as main and DF as secondary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.