1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Celebrity X-Ray Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by ericjlars, Jun 29, 2006.

1. FinbarSaunders

FinbarSaunders

Emma Forbes @ Die Another Day Prem, 2002, London.
    It was pretty much see through anyway, I just enhanced the cropped image.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

choi, Flibber, mpeters101 and 4 others like this.
  2. FinbarSaunders

FinbarSaunders

Cheryl Cole nip slip.
    [​IMG]

3. FinbarSaunders

FinbarSaunders

Claire Sweeney At The Once Press Night In London, May 2014
    [​IMG]

driller195, Xraymen, zohn and 2 others like this.
  4. FinbarSaunders

FinbarSaunders

Jenni Falconer from her underwear shoot August 2009
    [​IMG]

zohn, crossxcheck and Relo4 like this.
  5. FinbarSaunders

FinbarSaunders

I made the next few a while ago and posted to my Twitter, so apologies for the tag. I never made others without it.
    Amanda Holden from behind. Possibly snapped filming for This Morning. I'll add info when I dig out the original.
    [​IMG]

6. FinbarSaunders

FinbarSaunders

Gemma Collins on holiday. I got a lot of stick for posting this!

[​IMG]

couger81, zohn and crossxcheck like this.
  7. FinbarSaunders

FinbarSaunders

Holly Willoughby
    [​IMG]

zohn, crossxcheck and Relo4 like this.
  8. FinbarSaunders

FinbarSaunders

For the record, I never use the burn tool. I see that as more of an artists aid, it adds rather than removes.
    Contrast/brightness and some colour adjustments where needed usually gets results if there's anything to see.

Last one for now, I'll save without the tag for future posts. You need one for Twitter otherwise someone adds their own.

Jorgie Porter.
    [​IMG]

driller195, RDS, chess1972 and 4 others like this.
  9. Sunmaster885

Sunmaster885

hi all,
    can you please link me to a guide to do this ?
    i've read instructions in page 1 , but i cannot reach these results ...
    i use Photoshop 2020 ...

thanks in advance,

driller195 likes this.
  10. c-through

c-through I see naked people! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

It's not specific to any software, and remember not every image can be done. Basic X-ray technique is adjusting the brightness & contrast, and maybe hue & saturation to reveal hidden details. Typically you're relying on the light going through the clothing and bouncing back off the skin, or showing surface contour of a clingly garment.

For beginners, stick with only those tools, and don't use the burn/dodge tools as they can be used to artificially change specific areas. Typically Dark clothing requires more brightness, where lighter clothing usually needs less. Brighter colors usually need less saturation or changing the hue before adjusting contrast. If you use the magic lasso to select an area first (like bikini top and/or bottom) then results will be better than adjusting the whole image.

Best way to get good is practice, practice, practice. using an un altered image that has already shown results earlier in the thread is a good way to start.

couger81, tyson17, RDS and 6 others like this.
  11. fudefrak

fudefrak

I would think less in terms of brightness/contrast and more in terms of levels/curves, possibly followed up with color balance

12. Sunmaster885

Sunmaster885

Ok thanks , i'll try what you suggest and i Will post the results

13. chumwithrum

chumwithrum

Anything able to be done with Drea de Matteo?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. max-a-million

max-a-million

I took a shot with a Jordyn Jones photo today. I don't regard the end result to be good enough to post, but since I was able to save the steps, it provides a bit of a guide.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The first photo is the raw photo, and then my finished result. I use Gimpshop. Not sure how different that is from Photoshop. Going from the raw, the top was traced and then desaturated (photo 4). For colors, it is usually helpful to destaurate. Next I added colors to approach flesh tones. The thing is, usually the next step will be to darken and contrast. That's what will usually bring out the details. Also, contrast will usually accentuate the colors. So, I didn't want to go all the way to flesh tones.

I then lightened, since I knew I would be darkening/contrasting. Most often you're working on the breasts. Sometimes, to see the areola, you need to over-contrast. I have never learned to work with layers, etc., so I over-contrast if necessary to see if the areola is visible. In photo 8, you should be able to see the outline of the areola. And, yes, that is what comes out in an x-ray, just the outline or shadow. If it was a see-through photo, at that point the areola might be visible with out "bringing it out" but here this is all you get. At this stage, if I can't define the areola, the effort is scrapped. Usually, if there is not a clear shape to the breast, it is also scrapped. The next photo was supposed to show "selecting" i.e., tracing out the areola, but that doesn't "save." After tracing the areola, I darkened it to bring it out, i.e., contrast it with the rest of the breast. Usually, no extra work is done on the nipple, and if the nipple is visible through this process it gives you greater confirmation that you "got it right" as you didn't create or do anything special to bring out that detail.

At this pint, the whole bikini top is over darkened and over contrasted, but the areola has been "brought out." I then traced out the entire bikini top and "reverse" to some degree. I lessened the contrast and lightened the area. This brings the x-rayed bikini top back close to the skin tone. After that, it's just a matter of fine tuning color, brightness, lightening, saturation and contrast to try and match the treated area with the rest of the skin. and create an aesthetically presentable xray photo.

Hope this helps. Iceleb has a more sophisticated approach and he talks about techniques in some of his posts. Search this thread for his posts an check them out.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  15. Sunmaster885

Sunmaster885

well, what can i say ... Thanks , man :)
    i'll keep trying ....

max-a-million likes this.
  16. sancreyj3632

sancreyj3632

Stella hudgens

(Vanessa hudgens little sister)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Xraymen and driller195 like this.
  17. choi

choi ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Taylor Swift (maybe?)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. max-a-million

max-a-million

This Lucy Hale B&W photo was begging for some enhancement. Added a slightly colorized version.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Snark, DCForever, chess1972 and 6 others like this.
  19. choi

choi ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mandy Moore

[​IMG] [​IMG]

('Tangled' Australia Premiere - Dec 12th 2010)

DrGontzo, Snark, chess1972 and 7 others like this.
  20. Sunmaster885

Sunmaster885

these are my first attempts:
    Ivanka Trump
    original: [​IMG]
    edited: [​IMG]

Tatu
    original: [​IMG]
    edited: [​IMG]