1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Celebrity X-Ray Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by ericjlars, Jun 29, 2006.

1. choi

choi ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kiernan Shipka (out & about 12-11-2022)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

invisibl, DrGontzo, GOR665 and 14 others like this.
  2. choi

choi ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Vanessa Hudgens

[​IMG] [​IMG]

"Sucker Punch" shot in Los Angeles, California (March 19th, 2011)

3. mandy

mandy soy del palo vieja ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Request please
    Anabel Angus
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    robbeef likes this.
  4. c-through

c-through I see naked people! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Don't see much there to get, but please always post the celeb's name (even if you think it's obvious) along with any pics or it can't be searched for later

5. mandy

mandy soy del palo vieja ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Done

6. choi

choi ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

7. devilsdancefloor42

devilsdancefloor42

8. User897

User897

Seeing if I can get an X-ray of Anna (That Star Wars Girl on YouTube) in her Leeloo cosplay for her upcoming calendar.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

powderedtost likes this.
  9. mastermiller

mastermiller

Love that pic, ben_so.

GOR665 likes this.
  10. corrupted

corrupted ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Are you still doing xrays, c-through?
    This thread got critiqued to death because of unknown differing standards of photoshop manipulation.
    It evolved and devolved over and over into stagnation where no one wants to post anything anymore. Usually because of criticism and/or being accused of doing a technique wrong. It's sad because this was a major pull to phun years ago.
    Would it be better to start a new thread with a more defined rule set?

11. c-through

I only offered criticism when it was warranted, when there was obvious fakery being shown. It's not wrong to try and keep the thread pure - there's already a fakes thread, if that's what you're into, post it there, don't try and mislead people.

The rules haven't changed - just some of us don't have the time to do it as much anymore, besides there isn't as much good material to work with as there's not as many paps posting candids or HQ event photos - not sure if the lack of publishing in print is responsible, or that the celebs are just putting their own pics that they choose on their own social media instead. Also, there seems to be more awareness of clothing and covering up that there didn't used to be when a hot flash could reveal more underneath.

Don't blame me for the slowdown in the thread, I have always welcomed people to get photoshop or other software and try it for themselves, but to do it the right way. Start with the basics Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Hue adjustments. Don't use Burn & Dodge tools as they are spot tools not area tools, and can easily make things look there that aren't. I always posted the originals along with my images so people could try it for themselves (and hoped they would) as most images do not make good source material for an x-ray. I tried to help out in the amateur x-ray thread but that was even less percentage of success. Too many LQ, grainy, poorly lit, or the wrong clothing to get anything out of.

Some good examples of better techniques that regularly post are choi, iCeleb, Flibber, and The Vulcan to name a few, so the thread's not dead, but just not a lot of good material to work with as far as I can see.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    couger81, RDS, fudefrak and 1 other person like this.
  12. corrupted

corrupted ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, probably a combination of things along with social media and celebs posting so many lq pics with filters already applied. This time of year doesn't help either. It's pretty hard to see through a winter jacket. Not blaming you or anyone else for anything. That is my observation after reading threw every page of the thread since the beginning and how slow it has become vs how active it was back in the day. On the contrary, I appreciate your and everyone else's time, effort and contributions which is why I was asking if you're still working on stuff.

arandomguy likes this.
  13. c-through

I wish there were more pics to work on - I'm just not seeing the quantity I used to see 5-10+ years ago. I appreciate you going through the whole thread, and wish some of the older stuff was still available, but image hosts have come and gone, and I had a drive failure a while ago so I lost a lot of my originals. I still get a chuckle when I see some of my work before I watermarked my pics show up on celeb sites (uncredited of course), so I guess they liked it.

arandomguy and dirtysanchez like this.
  14. User897

User897

You damn well got that right. The one of Anna I posted above (which needs to be horizontally flipped) is probably going to be a nothingburger, but hopefully someone will try. There is much more wardrobe awareness and she is probably wearing nipple covers and god-knows what else. She posted another Leeloo picture that shows more of the costume and more of her skin, but it is small and likely not to reveal anything.

[​IMG]

15. c-through

Neither are really good pics to work on, first one looks almost like a video still as it's kind of blurry but most likely it's the heavy compression from posting to social media which loses a lot of important data when trying to do an x-ray. Even though they have a HQ camera now, the online images looks worse than ever. You can see a little more of the poke on the small pic on her right side, but that's about it. Heavy compression artifacting so really not worth doing. Find a HQ and maybe, but it's probably only going to be what she releases on social media so it most likely won't be any better - welcome to the new normal. If she wears it in public at a convention and you can get some good pics that would be the best shot.

16. User897

User897

Indeed. Dammit. I was just hoping someone would try. Her calendar won't have any candids, so that's a no-go. It would be truly shocking if she wears Leeloo in a convention or the like. Not to say Anna hasn't surprised us before, but she knows what nipple covers and other devices are, so....

17. choi

choi ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Selena Gomez

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Flibber

Flibber

It's Britney bitches.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bigwillee, robbeef, chess1972 and 9 others like this.
  19. Flibber

Flibber

Sarah Michelle Gellar, already posted elsewhere but this is the right place for it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Flibber

Flibber

Nice find, did a bit more to these

[​IMG]

with an 'enhanced version'

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023