1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO XenForo - Feedback, bugs & more

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Jan 26, 2017.

1. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

We've flagged it up to cayne and are awaiting his response.

hefestus likes this.
  2. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

Question:

When does a megathread Switches to the next site? After a certain amount of Posts?Or something else?

I posted more then 15 sets here

https://forum.phun.org/threads/taipans-real-private-wifes.87342/page-190

with round about 1000 + pics, and it doesn't Switch to the next site yet, so the loading time is immense.

Is it better to post a max. of lets say 50 pics per post?

3. S-type

The only limit currently set for messages/posts is 50,000 characters. There is an option to limit the number of images per post, but it's currently unlimited.
    I don't know what the impact on existing material would be if I now imposed a limit such as you suggest.

I suspect that the number of messages/posts per page of conversation/thread is buried in the templates. I can see several possibles but there are no clickable options or simple data entry points, instead all edits appear to be via CSS which is beyond me.
    In any case I think the loading time that you're now experiencing is caused by the new image proxy arrangements (phun server image caching) consequent on HTTPS working.

Taipan likes this.
  4. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

^^^
    Once again, my above mentioned megathread doesen't skip to another page.
    There are meanwhile 19 Posts with about 1500 pics on 1 site...

5. S-type

As I said before, Tai, I don't know what the impact on existing posts of a system-imposed maximum of 50 images per post might be, nor indeed whether it would be fully reversible if we didn't like what we saw!
    But a simple solution might be to introduce an Amateur forum rule to henceforth limit the number of images per post to 50?
    You might even try that voluntarily in your thread? You could still post the same number of images overall, but spread them over more posts?
    The 20 posts per thread page would still apply, but the consequent reduced aggregation of images per page (maximum of 1000 per page) might make the pages more manageable by XenForo?

Taipan likes this.
  6. Taipan

Thanks for your answer.
    Ill try it as soon as it skips to the next page ;-)
    I just thought it is easy possible to Limit the posts for 1 site to e.g. 10 or 15, independently from the amount of pics.
    Thx again.

7. Taipan

After checking some other threads, it Looks like if the skip Comes after 20 Posts, no matter if you post 1 pic or 100 pics per post...

8. S-type

No, the system settings apply forum-wide.

That's what I said. The setting for posts per page in a thread is currently 20 - that applies to the whole of phun.org, and as you say, it makes no difference how many images are involved, if any at all! Posts comprising merely a word or two count the same as multiple image posts!

Taipan likes this.
  9. dark_lodger

dark_lodger Ten Years of Phun

I'm not sure what is going on with the forum today, but so often the pages aren't loading properly, I'm getting some database errors as well.

TheloniousMonk likes this.
  10. S-type

You're not alone. It was flagged upstairs.

11. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

Hey S! Is the refreshing common with all browsers?

12. S-type

I only tend to use Firefox so I don't know, but I have no reason to suspect it affects only Firefox, for instance. It's difficult to test because the problems aren't predictable/reproduceable and they tend to be transient too!

13. hefestus

hefestus extractor Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

I see that pixhost.org is replaced with pixhost.to! :applause::applause::dance:
    This resolves lots of broken post on the board.

Thanks a lot!

S-type likes this.
  14. S-type

imgbox thumbnails are apparently fucked at the moment (Red X), but clicking them produces the full image, so it's probably a local (phun.org) image proxy issue.
    It's been flagged up to cayne.

Taipan likes this.
  15. Taipan

The site Performance is horrible, every second click is a timeout, i've to click several times to post a message...

16. cayne

cayne GOD Staff Member

I think they're doing something on the server (related to the imagebox issue).

Taipan likes this.
  17. Taipan

I'm having this Problem more or less the whole day now,so...

18. S-type

I hope the performance is better now because the imgbox problem appears to have been solved?

19. cayne

cayne GOD Staff Member

For me it certainly is. The issues only took a couple of minutes for me (during a DNS reset).

20. Taipan

It's much better since yesterday evening,german time,thanks for your work and help ;)