1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Sub-forum in Celebrity Photos?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by renegade, Dec 21, 2014.

1. renegade

renegade ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, but wouldn't a sub-forum in Celebrity Photos provide a place for all the pics of chicks that aren't real celebs, such as that model from the Mongolian Playboy issue from 1996, or that unknown model with the bottle of water...

Just a thought...

4 people like this.
  2. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

It's definitely high up on the list of topics we discuss on a regular basis. If you're sharing pics of pseudo-celebs, feel free to set an example by putting them in the Celeb Extra section. Or if the pics came from an erotic/nude mag, I would go a step further and share in the Model Forum.

Be the change you want to see in the world. :sunny:

3 people like this.
  3. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I've championed this cause for years but keep getting shot down. :?

4. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I agree for the most part, but then again I don't think the Tara Reid Playboy shoot belongs in the Model Forum, nor would a Lindsey Lohan shoot, if she ever did 1. personally I don't like glamour models in the Celebrity Section either, but that's just my personal opinion. I remember we raised the issue a few years ago and members argued that those models were Celebrities for them.

5. Sennsational

Sennsational BANNED ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Change the name of the Model forum to the Modeling forum. Anyone who is modeling should go there (Tara Reid in Playboy, Candace Swanepoel in Victoria's Secret--makes no difference). By changing the title, it doesn't matter if they are a model or celebrity, because they are engaging in the act of modeling. Trying to figure out who is and who isn't a celebrity is a recipe for insanity with no definitive answer and can change at any given time, but what they're doing at that exact moment is modeling.

2 people like this.
  6. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Tara Reid in Playboy...celebrity.

Model who isn't a celebrity and has no name recognition, but is in Playboy...models.

7. Sennsational

You could even have a sub-forum inside the Model forum, specifically for Celebrity crossover modeling or something similar. What's important though is that they are IN the Model(ing) forum. Every time I scroll down the Celebrity page and see Playboy and Victoria's Secret and whatever else, I ask myself, "What is this doing here?" Not to mention on top of that, they're almost always nude or near-nude. Nothing else in the Celeb forum is like that at all.

Ask yourself this… Do we really consider Tara Reid to be a celebrity at this point? Maybe a little, but at the time of her Playboy shoot, she did modeling. That will never change.

8. Xray

That could be asked of any washed up celebrity or the Kim's and Paris's of the world. Modeling should be for models such as Playboy and VS and if they were once a celebrity (actor, musician) then celebrity section it goes.

9. Sennsational

Nope. It should go by what the magazine does, which is modeling. Playboy is a magazine that people model for, regardless of who they are. Playboy is modeling, it should all be in the Model(ing) section. It's no different than Met-Art or anything else that specializes in modeling. Just because a celebrity DOES Playboy, doesn't make it any less modeling. Again, determining who is a celebrity and when and how is absolutely fucking ridiculous and is just making a mess out of the entire situation. Obviously, that way hasn't worked, which is why it is still being debated.

10. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Are they famous because of Playboy or not?

Are they famous outside their respective countries? Sorry, but most if not all Mexican celebrities are only famous in Mexico.

It could get ridiculous if we keep adding sub-forums. Hollywood Celebs (A-list, B, C, D, E...), Lingerie Celebs, Playboy Celebs, Sport Celebs, Page 3 Celebs, etc...

There is always going to be a gray area, it's going to be up to the Mods to set a standard, not matter what that is, not all will be happy, but that's the case about all things rule related.

IMO: ALL Playboy tagged material belongs in the Model Forum (simplest answer) and the Model Forum's name should be changed to either Erotic Model Forum or Nude Model Forum.

A sub-forum for Lingerie and Page 3 material could be placed in either Model or Celeb forum, or move completely to the Xtra Forum.

11. Xray

What about, say, Miranda Kerr goes Christmas shopping? Or: Barbara Palvin at the radio station's New Year's Eve event? Should those go in the modeling section too? Miranda and Barbara are models, but it's not a specific modeling photoshoot or magazine.

Should we place them in a models section based on the type of photoshoot or magazine, or based on the main career of the person?

12. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

If Miranda is posing for VS, it goes in Models, if she caught on the street, it goes in Celebs. IMO of course.

2 people like this.
  13. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

I have to agree w/ P4 on this. It depends on the platform.

1 person likes this.
  14. Xray

That sounds reasonable.

15. spiderswims

spiderswims You comin for me then you better be at your best ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

How about just no more Playboy pics?

1 person likes this.
  16. Sennsational

Here is page one of the celeb section, divided into three different photos because I couldn't fit the whole thing in one shot:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here are the threads that I feel should, or could, be moved to the modeling section:

Rosie Jones, NUTS
    Evan Rachel Wood, OUT magazine
    Alessandra Ambrosio, Harper’s
    Genevieve Morton, Kyle Goldie photoshoot
    Laura Marano, Cliche Magazine
    Niurka Marcos, Playboy
    Cynthia Addai Robinson, David Roth photoshoot
    Julia Orayen, Playboy
    Abi Titmuss, Alan Strutt PS
    Sienna Miller, Vogue
    Lupita Nyong’o, Glamour
    Default Francoise Boufhal, Maxim
    Francoise Boufhal, M Magazine

Every single one of these is a modeling shoot of some kind. This is A LOT of modeling in a section that is basically centered around candids. In fact, most every other post on this page is some variety of candid. And yes, even the Evan Rachel Wood should be in a modeling section as well. She's modeling for a magazine--no different than someone modeling for Maxim.

17. spiderswims

spiderswims You comin for me then you better be at your best ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

Don't move celebs to the model section.

18. Sennsational

If Playboy stays and is moved to the model section where it should be, then the celebrities who are modeling for it will be in the model section.

19. spiderswims

IMO all Playboy shouldn't be in the model section.

20. Sennsational

Oh, I thought you wanted Playboy out of the Celeb forum :dunno: Well, you guys are the content posters, so whatever is easiest. Just seems like a lot of extra work figuring out which Playboy goes where based on if a person is a celeb, which will always be tricky to assess.