1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

LEAKS Leaks threads missing and other leaked discussions

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by J3scribe, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I moved a few of the leaked pics threads to the Amateur Model Forum. Celebrity Extra is not a pic dump for naked selfies of hair dressers and obscure IG models. That was never the mandate of this forum.

2. Mutt B

Mutt B

Makes sense. I'm grateful for the OP posting but I sure used a lot of Google today.

3. buzzfuzz

buzzfuzz

Can you implement a rule for leak threads with the first post stating what they're known/famous for? Would save some sanity. Thanks.

4. rstarr

rstarr

I wanted to ask this, but didn't want to make waves. We all make Google a little more money when we have to search the name of someone and find out it's a throwaway IG model, and a far cry from "celebrity." It's hard to find a standard, but we'll leave it to the mods to decide where the line is.

5. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

My 2 cents on it is the following. Im old school (born in the early 80s) so i have a distinct view on what is and what is not a celebrity. To me a celeb must have achieved something noteworthy. Tv, Movies, Author, sports, super models what have you. The problem though is i may be too narrow minded in my views maybe we should consider IG personalities aswell i dont follow that sphere closely. But to me having x number of followers by only posting tweets and Pictures isnt noteworthy. Im fine with including IG models if that is what the majority of phunners want. What do you Think gents/ladies should we do a poll?

ao1984, Smoopy, johndube8181 and 4 others like this.
  6. foeplay

foeplay ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

People bitch way too much

zoolag, daitro, S-type and 5 others like this.
  7. misfit 84

misfit 84

What he said.

Similar age and same views on what a celebrity is.

ao1984, C_Dub1, Smoopy and 5 others like this.
  8. VelouriaRed

VelouriaRed

Agreed 100%, in my case I was born in 1969 so I have the same standards for being a celebrity. The bar has been set way too low these days and in my opinion once reality TV started, it permanently ruined TV.

OrpheusXx, Sonicboom and Flippy like this.
  9. bruskoman

bruskoman

My take here as a millennial is that nowadays Social Media influencers and popular streamers, youtubers etc are also considered celebrities specially since we are at the age of internet and digital media probably has the widest range. Although I agree that we may need to set standards for some, like number of followers, reach, social relevance etc.

daitro, fonzerrillii and Flippy like this.
  10. zeusaphone

zeusaphone

How popular is popular? How much influence must an influencer have to be considered a celebrity, and how would you quantify it? I'm not against IG models on principle (sadly, none the handful I follow have leaks so far) but counting every girl who posts pics on social media broadens the definition of "celebrity" to meaninglessness.

dark_lodger likes this.
  11. Kopite1892

Kopite1892

There is a difference between being a celebrity and being famous.

URAllFggts and dark_lodger like this.
  12. J3scribe

That's the crux of it right there.

13. BrokenMatt

BrokenMatt BANNED

THanks dude!

14. yungmanlike

yungmanlike

I think it varys by age, I personally was born in the late 90's and I would consider some IG Models to be celebrities. I mean a celebrity is someone who is well known. Back about 20 years ago that was someone who was on the tv or sports stars or whatever, but this is a new era and TV has never been watched less than it is today. And for IG Models like the very top tier ones like Sommer Ray who has 15m followers, she's obviously well known, probably more well known than Katherine McPhee who everyone on here was raging about. I knew who Sommer Ray was before I even had Instagram. Same goes for youtubers. A channel like Zoella has got 1 billion video views, and another 650 million on her second channel. What actress can boast 1.6 billion views on her work ? Very few if any, granted Zoella has a lot more work than any actress but even still that equates to being more well known too.

J3scribe likes this.
  15. Blindaviator

Blindaviator

I haven't been here long as I just found the website recently but it is becoming one of my favorite sites to visit daily.

Being born in the 60's I have a somewhat different view on celebrities than most here. Back when I was younger there was no internet, no cell phones and very few (and very limited) home computers. I see a "celebrity" as someone whom you recognize for doing something noteworthy (as someone else said) and not just because they are hot and take a lot of selfies for people to drool over. Having 15m followers on a social media site where most only follow you to see if you slip a nipple in your last selfie makes you a "fame whore" much as the kardashins are. The kardashians claim to fame stems from Kim being a pal of Paris Hilton when her sex tape dropped and later having her own sex tape "stolen".
    Jeffery Dahmer, Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy are all names that most of the world has heard of. They are famous but are not celebrities.

Being famous for taking a bunch of selfies is not nearly the same as being a celebrity that has starred in movies, TV or plays where most everyone would recognize that person if they were walking down the street. If Sommer Ray were walking down a street how many people would recognize her as compared to Brad Pitt walking down a street? That is the difference between being famous and a celebrity.

Panamanon, riddles123 and J3scribe like this.
  16. FoopyBalls

FoopyBalls

Thanks man. Most of those people were no-namers. This might create debate about who's actually a celebrity but most of those women weren't much better than a random PhotoBucket dump or a visit to ModelMayhem.
    Instagram models are models and thus belong in the model section.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    riddles123 and J3scribe like this.
  17. zeusaphone

zeusaphone

If you're counting every instance of someone watching a movie or TV episode they're in, the number is probably higher than you think. Think about it this way, Friends ran 236 episodes and averaged more than 22 million viewers per episode. That's over 5 billion views without counting reruns or streaming or DVDs or anything else.

J3scribe likes this.
  18. J3scribe

I'll tell you the difference between being famous and being a celebrity. When you're famous, everyone knows your name (and that's not always a good thing). When you're a celebrity, everyone wants you to know theirs, and they're willing to pay for the privilege if necessary.

yungmanlike likes this.
  19. yungmanlike

yungmanlike

That's the thing about being recognised if you were walking down the street, the amount of big youtubers who get stopped tens of times a day when they go pretty much anywhere now is unreal. It all depends who they're walking past. If you walked a big youtuber past a demographic of about 6-20 it would turn more heads for them than a lot of celebrities from TV and to be honest a lot of them probably wouldn't even know Brad Pitt if he walked past them, especially if they weren't a female. But then jump that demographic ahead even 10 years and go to 30+ and they probably wouldn't know very many youtubers at all and would instantly recognise someone like Brad Pitt.

J3scribe likes this.
  20. J3scribe

That's true, although I think your average 20 year old has seen a Brad Pitt movie or two. He's been in more than a few blockbusters.

yungmanlike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.