1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention!! Links to filehost Rapidgator are not allowed for the purpose of downloading files in any forum on Phun. If you have questions contact a moderator.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an unescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

RULES Celebrity Extra Forum Rules (Updated July 21, 2015)

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by J3scribe, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TicketStub

TicketStub

It is, huh? Want to give me a medal? Perhaps a monetary reward?

2. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 Never rub another man's rhubarb Staff Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

At last! A breakthrough. If P4 can change and you can change, everyone can change!

Seriously though, im disappointed in how little you have to actually offer or add to any discussions around here lately. If this place bothers you so much, why not take a break or move on? Theres plenty of other places that offer similar content. I really dont get what happened to you. I respected the hell out of you and your stance in the past. Lately, I am having trouble understanding where you are coming from at any given time.

3. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Got My Mojo ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Your disappointment is of no concern to me. I have been asking serious questions about a large issue around here, I guess you don't like me questioning it or trying to understand it. I haven't done it in a disrespectful way, although the answers to my questions have been. Am I supposed to accept whatever you and Scribe dish out as conduct around here?

I haven't been displeased with this place, lately, no need for a break, movin' on or finding another forum. Why do you think something happened and what stance did I ever have. No need to figure out where I'm coming from, and I use small words because typing sucks.

4. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 Never rub another man's rhubarb Staff Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Serious questions? Like the ones you have posted in this thread? A large issue? Hmm...you must mean those introductory threads threatening to destroy this place at its core. You are full of inconsistencies. In one thread you want to burn noobs at the stake for saying hi while in another thread you come galloping in on your white horse to defend another noob for his transgressions. This may have some effect on your being taken seriously. I dont know what kind of idiot you take me for but im definitely not that kind. You claim you have not been displeased but your posts betray you.

5. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Got My Mojo ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Yes, they have been serious, maybe your hatred of me is clouding your ability to read my stuff without prejudice. Yes, I don't like "HI" threads, and I've explained why. Not sure I gallop, prance maybe, but never gallop, and whom do I defend? My only impression of you is what I see and read here, beyond that I don't know you. My posts betray nothing, you don't know me, and I have not made any statements about hating this place, I got past what I did hate a long time ago.

I have only been trying to clarify this code of conduct/decorum thing, it's such a grey area, I was hoping for something more concrete, and I bet I'm not the only one. You can be negative, but not to negative, hate is OK, but be careful what words you use. Ticketstub talks about decency to others, but would really like to insult them if he thought he wouldn't get banned.

I've taken a step back, and don't rage on noobs, maybe you could do the same for me, and politely answer my questions rather then piss all over them.

6. amble

amble

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. Herb Tarlek

Herb Tarlek The 'H' is Silent

This is the point I've been trying to make about forum moderation here. Those members who don't like negative comments about a particular celebrity and who then make equally caustic remarks toward the negative commenter seem to do so with relative impunity. Both parties are wrong but it seems that the infractions/punishments only affect the original commenter. I know that this is not true in 100% of the cases, but it happens a lot here and I don't see it at other forums. :2cent:

8. spiderswims

spiderswims Sleepy Staff Member ♔♔♔♔♔ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster Poll Master! Gayest Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. spiderswims

spiderswims Sleepy Staff Member ♔♔♔♔♔ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster Poll Master! Gayest Member

Ok, caught up.

10. spiderswims

I don't like seeing words like whore and slut thrown around cause a celeb wears short shorts and shit like that. I also don't really care for people calling celebs whale and shit like that. Shit, I don't really care for people even using the phrase butterface but that ain't crossing a line so use it if you want. Am I a white knight? Maybe............whatever the fuck that means. I rarely give infractions for any of those things above unless they cross a line. That is where the problem is. We have rules but in reality all of us mods deal with shit differently and all have different lines that shouldn't be crossed. Am I allowed to say that publicly? :D

So I see where Herb is coming from but at the same time if any of the rules are broken (read the rules people) then you can't be shocked if you get an infraction/ban. Obviously we can't make a list of what words are allowed and what aren't but IMO you can figure out what would be a thing you shouldn't type based on the stuff quoted below. This thread is Scribe's and he can have it back I just wanted to really quickly throw some shit out there for you to chew on.

Just some quick thangs

How many times did I say shit in my post? :lol:

5 people like this.
  11. Majesty9917

Hatred? I just posted how much respect I have had for you. Hell, you were one of my selections for most respected in the latest phun awards. To me it seems your aggravation has clouded your ability to just ask a question without being smug or sarcastic or insinuating. That is what makes it hard to read your stuff without prejudice. You come across as very displeased.

Cant argue with whats been said here regarding impressions. I assure you that I am in no way implying that I know you on a day to day basis. Anything that I present is based entirely on what you post here and you sound angry.

More concrete? What more needs to be said? Its spelled out in the rules of conduct. Its been said in this thread. Dont be a douchebag. Dont make comments that serve no purpose other to antagonize, incite, bait or cause dischord. Like I said to Bush Sucks, there will never be a running list of all the unacceptable words or phrases. Thats unrealistic. Sometimes in life you have to use judgment. That holds true on both sides of this coin, moderators and members. Its a very rare case that someone gets banned for one comment alone or for a first offense. This means that a person who has been banned has probably received warnings and/or infractions in the past for similar conduct, as Justin has stated. Knowing this, you feel its a valid argument to plead ignorance? Thats nonsense. As far as ticketstubs desire to attack others, to me its irrelevant unless he does. Shall we start convicting anyone who has ever thought about committing a crime? All he has done, in my eyes, is show his humanity and self control.

There has been zero rage in any of my posts to you. I have no problems with answering your questions, but at times your approach leaves something to be desired.

So, on one hand you are saying that perhaps some transparency in our moderating actions would help. Yet, here you speak as if you have a pool of knowledge regarding the handling of one or two different groups of people by the moderation crew, with which to state as fact that some group gets treated with impunity. Interesting.

Fwiw, white knighting is on pretty even ground with trolling. There have been members in the past who have been removed for aggressively attacking anyone who doesnt share their favorable opinion of a celeb. The common denominator is aggression.

You say in your last post that I missed your point. What was that point? To me, it seemed you were suggesting that firekind came into this thread (of all threads) and had a read through and decided to respond in the way he did completely unaware of the brash nature of his commentary or that his comment was exactly what this thread was about. If I am wrong, feel free to point me in the right direction.

1 person likes this.
  12. Fapuccino

Fapuccino Make peace with your gods ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

2 people like this.
  13. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sure, that's the reason I'm not participating in this thread.

14. Herb Tarlek

Not so much transparency as consistency. But since some of the people who have publicly insulted other members in threads are/were Moderators, I think the double standard has already existed for some time.

2 people like this.
  15. J3scribe

J3scribe gone fishin' ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers

We are as consistent as any group of human beings can be, which is to say, not very. It's certainly one of our failings, if one chooses to see it that way. But it's hard to take human nature out of the equation of moderating. And remember, mods are also members. We are prone to the same knee jerk reactions that anyone else is. That's why when I've said something ignorant (in retrospect) I don't tend to take it personally when someone responds in kind.

3 people like this.
  16. J3scribe

J3scribe gone fishin' ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers

Now, back to the point of this thread...

I'm not being a white night for celebs. As spider so deftly pointed out, the Rules of Conduct couldn't be more clear on what we expect of our members' comments about models, celebs and anyone else. For me personally, I especially don't like the misogyny and the animosity. That will draw my ire every time.

1 person likes this.
  17. Bush sucks

Bush sucks ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

I was trying to just let it die Majesty. I read this thread and see a lot of defensiveness and not much listening.

18. Majesty9917

Agreed

19. Herb Tarlek

This is still my favorite place to visit which is why I come back to it several times a day. Some of the forums I belong to I've never left a comment in, but this one has much more a sense of community and I think that's why so many of us here want it to work for all. :thumbsup:

6 people like this.
  20. TicketStub

TicketStub

You really can't be this stupid. Yes, I would like to say what I have to say, but I don't for a good reason. It is not to get banned. I've been banned from other forums. Nothing new to me. I said it before and it did not register to you then. Maybe it will register to you now. Probably not, but I will say it anyway. It is because I have some sort of decency. I hold back out of respect to the forum, the mods, and the owner. I like it here. I am really trying not to piss anyone off here. But when you put words in my mouth, it makes it hard. God damn it, I try and speak about something serious and along come you trying to get me to overstep my bounds and get me to say something to get me banned. It will not work this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.