1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention!! Links to filehost Rapidgator are not allowed for the purpose of downloading files in any forum on Phun. If you have questions contact a moderator.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

RULES Celebrity Extra Forum Rules (Updated July 21, 2015)

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by J3scribe, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flippy

Flippy Grandpa Out. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

I will say this there are a few members here that would really need to calm down a bit. And as far as trying to bait members into getting banned its not gonna work on me if that is what worries the poster above me.

1 person likes this.
  2. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Over half a century. ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers

I can buy that, However a bit of humility and a apology when one of you over step the mark wouldn't go a miss..

To say sorry when you are wrong is not a sign of weakness it is the sign of being a infallible human being, something that we all are and a lot of people forget. :cheers:

2 people like this.
  3. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Over half a century. ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers

I could say the same of you..

No disrespect meant.

4. arandomguy

arandomguy Above Average

In regards to the topic, I am actually a bit confused as to what caused/triggered it. I must have missed it and I am glad. But I must say I just peruse the Celebrity section with some outliers in the Creative Backyard. I confess that I think some little spiteful stuff for myself every once in a while I misclick so to speak, but I do not speak out. And I usually do not involve myself in such matters. Also I believe that some drama is kind of "fake", i.e. rather inconsequential by itself but still results in the thread staying on the first page for a long while. Now this has happened so often by now, I am wondering if people rather come by to post random mean content or rather bump the thread.
    Who would that be? How do you know? :)

5. J3scribe

J3scribe gone fishin' ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers

I couldn't agree more, or said it better myself.
    I can't argue with that. I've made my fair share of apologies, both public and private. I may have missed a few though, as I've made numerous errors in judgement around here. Let's call 'em senior moments. I am getting old, you know. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  6. amble

amble

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. J3scribe

Easy there, big fella.

Take a chill pill and go look at the pretty girls elsewhere on the forum. :empathy:
    It wasn't any event or comment in particular. Just a preponderance of nonsense I thought I'd address by reminding people that we do have a policy in place that's meant to stifle derogatory comments, and that I'm going to apply that policy in a more serious fashion then I had been.

As for who's looking around? Who knows, probably no one. But you never know.

2 people like this.
  8. arandomguy

arandomguy Above Average

That is reassuring, thank you. It is definitely easing the time, making it more enjoyable. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet Light My Way.. Ten Years of Phun

There is an exemption for the Kardashians, isn't there? :D

1 person likes this.
  10. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 Never rub another man's rhubarb Staff Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

There was a time when this would have bothered me, but that ship sailed a while back. You have to be you and I have to be me. Unfortunately, that doesnt mesh. Its not by my choice. I have never disrespected you or spoken down to you. I have always tried to stay true to myself and honest in my actions. If that doesnt sit well with you, what can I do? I have never suggested, upheld or expected any standard that I would not or have not conformed to myself.

1 person likes this.
  11. J3scribe

:nono:

12. J3scribe

At any rate, here's the bottom line:

If you're a new or regular contributor whose comments are for the most part bearable, if not intelligent or otherwise interesting, you can be forgiven for the odd comment that pushes the envelope.

Conversely, if you're a new or regular contributor whose sole purpose in visiting phun is to rile or provoke other members, then we really have no use for your ilk and we will summarily be rid of you at some point. Probably sooner than later.

5 people like this.
  13. Sennsational

Sennsational BANNED ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm proud that I could have directly or indirectly contributed to the creation of this thread.

14. J3scribe

It had nothing to do with you whatsoever. You never even crossed my mind.

15. fee

fee 10 inch

Sounds like a lot of overly-verbose cognitive dissonance psychobabble to me. So thick you can cut it with a knife.

1 person likes this.
  16. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

LOL

17. J3scribe

Ouch.

18. gpap

gpap

In general, I agree with this direction.

Furthermore, I'd like to add a personal experience for those saying that people defending celebrities should get the same treatment. A while ago, I posted a few images of a model (doesn't matter who), at a club, having fun. This particular model is married and has children. A couple of people called her slut for her actions, and I got into discussion with them. Not really to defend her, but to understand their point of view. At some point, I said to a poster who had, in my opinion, quite old fashioned and strict opinion on how a woman should behave, that I feel sorry for his wife. That was basically meant as a disagreement to said opinions, but was taken as an attack to his family.

I received an infraction for that incident, which I found justifiable, although it was a misunderstanding, apologised to that posted and moved on.

Why did I type all that? Basically I am trying to say this. First of all in goes both ways. Whether you're an asshole towards celebrities, or towards fellow posters, you're still an asshole. Try to behave like you would in your real life, not like an asshole just because you're anonymous online. And if you offend someone and understand why, apologise. Even if you don't fully agree with it, you can do it in an honest way without compromising your position.

1 person likes this.
  19. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Choking the Robot Chicken ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[​IMG]

I tell myself this is a good thing....welcome back!

1 person likes this.
  20. kevinstfx

kevinstfx Above Average

In my opinion the thing to remember about an apology is that you are saying you are sorry that offense was given not that you are wrong about having a different opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.