1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

LEAKS Leaks threads missing and other leaked discussions

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by J3scribe, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider

Anyone know what happened to the Lili Simmons thread and if/when we might see it again? Thanks!

2. zeusaphone

zeusaphone

It's not just Youtubers and IG Models that get that. My mother had to Google Selena Gomez after watching The Big Short because she had no idea who Selena is.

CaptainFan88 likes this.
  3. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Use the search, it didn't go anywhere. :)

Dickens Cider likes this.
  4. yungmanlike

yungmanlike

I can only speak from what I know but in my friend group that ranges from about 18-22, they've all seen Fight Club and all the ocean films but when I mention Brad Pitt to them they're like who's he again, like they know they name but couldn't put a face to it unless I told them what he was in. They don't really remind the names of a lot of actors. They know like Vin Diesel, Tom Cruise, The Rock, and people like that, only the very top of the current A-list stars as I would describe them. I personally don't forget names so I know way more celebrities than I should

5. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I had little more than a cursory interest in celebs until I started moderating the celeb section here. Now I'm like you and know about way more of them than anyone should. lol

yungmanlike likes this.
  6. Blindaviator

Blindaviator

It's sad how little the public school systems in the US are teaching kids these days. Too many of the younger generation only know (and care about) the latest fad running through social media. 50 years from now many will still know the name Brad Pitt but how many will recall the names of the current social media "stars"??

I mentioned Wyatt Earp to a 20 something guy the other day and he had no idea who it was. Doc Holliday, The Clantons, Billy The Kid, Jesse James ... He hadn't heard of any of them... So I guess fame and notoriety is fleeting (as is history it seems)

7. mike632

mike632

Being an instagram model means you aren't popular enough to be a real model

rarelyhere likes this.
  8. yungmanlike

yungmanlike

I mean Sommer Ray has 16m followers on Instagram, one of the most famous models of probably all time, Gisele Bundchen, who last year was also the 16th richest women in entertainment and is also married to Tom Brady, only has 13m followers, so they definitely could have a modelling career if they wanted to since that's all based on popularity, I mean like it or not that's the only reason Kendall Jenner is a supermodel no matter how attractive you may find her

9. Kopite1892

Kopite1892

I'd never heard of Sommer Ray until this thread but now you mention she is married to Tom Brady explains why she is famous.

10. yungmanlike

yungmanlike

It's Gisele who's married to Brady, not Sommer

TheloniousMonk likes this.
  11. J3scribe

Some of those "not real" models are on their way to becoming millionaires through endorsements. The women with millions of followers, like Jen Selter, can make up to $50,000 for a single post. That's serious fucking money for any model.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Linq and yungmanlike like this.
  12. JM4825

JM4825

Plenty of IG models, youtubers,etc could fit that definition.

13. mike632

mike632

Heidi Klum is not a clothes model, or a magazine model, she is a model. an instagram model by definition is not a celebrity

14. yungmanlike

yungmanlike

Heidi is barely a model at all, it's more she was a model. She's easily more famous for being on tv and shit now. As far as modelling goes the girls on insta make way more cash for it. Jen Selter makes 80k min per sponsored post, if she even posted 1 of those a week she'd be making like 500k a year, not to mention she's been in FHM, Muscle and Fitness and all the other magazines basically. Some of the most famous models today like Karlie Kloss only earns about 5-10k per show when she's walking at fashion shows, granted that's insane money, but Jen Selter makes that x10-15 for posting a picture on Instagram

15. Linq

Linq

Modeling now is not limited to just magazines, runway shows, or TV commercials like it was decades ago. More companies are using social media to promote their products. It is the fastest way to reach millions of people instantaneously. By extension, these models get paid to endorse these products. Often, these models promote their own products. The more well-known models have made millions via social media.

16. mike632

mike632

You just wrote Jen is an actual model, not an Instagram model

17. J3scribe

There are many types of models.

18. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

[​IMG]
    There sure are...

palmerski, SDLRob and J3scribe like this.
  19. Emperor

Emperor Ten Years of Phun

totally agree!

20. yungmanlike

yungmanlike

Where did I say she's an actual model ? Just because I listed magazines she's been in ? All the girls on Instagram gets gigs like that, well the known ones obviously. A lot of them are like fitness models essentially. I think what you're referring to when you say actual model and reference Heidi are super models, like what Karlie Kloss or Gigi Hadid are now. Like runway models. But there are many types of models, it's just not all of them are Victoria's Secret Angels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.