1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention!! Links to filehost Rapidgator are not allowed for the purpose of downloading files in any forum on Phun. If you have questions contact a moderator.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an unescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

PrivateFiles.Com is now being trialled as a Mandatory Host until further notice.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Umi, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umi

Umi ɷ ʤ ɷ Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Power Poster

PrivateFiles.Com may now be used as a trial mandatory host. The usual mandatory/optional filehost rules will apply.

You can post any questions or issues/problems related to the host in this thread, and suggestions are also welcome.

10 people like this.
  2. mr.khan

mr.khan ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

this filehost's uploading speed sucks.. tell them to increase uploading speed

4 people like this.
  3. Umi

They are working on this , upload from US is fine and you can use euro ftp if you are not using US ip's or not from US.

Euro ftp upload speed are more then 30 mb/s +.

Ftp Server: Euftp.privatefiles.com
    Username: Your privatefiles account username
    Password: Your privatefiles account password

4 people like this.
  4. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger Staff Member

Their download speed also leaves much room for improvement.

5. Umi

Download speed is 80 kb/s for guest user, and 150 kb/s for free register user.

6. wookiee

wookiee Dirty Old Fart ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I'm from Canada and I get a maximum UL speed of 70kb/s. Which seems ok for smaller files.
    DL speed is 150kb/s at this time.

Hmm, I'll give it a shot and let ya know.
    Edit: Euro ftp not loading for me here.

7. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger Staff Member

I'll have to give that a try, although I found that uploaded's registered user speed was no different despite their claims.

8. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I dl from a poster who is a paid member and it dls faster than posted here, I'm in san diego

9. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can't even DL at all, tried twice several hours apart. Don't get anything but a 'The connection has timed out. The server at bolt.privatefiles.com is taking too long to respond' message. Pretty inauspicious beginning.

10. Umi

What is the error ?

Your massege is forwarded to this host , I will update you shortly.

11. PrivateFiles

PrivateFiles

Could you try and email me a traceroute showing the path to euftp.privatefiles.com ? Based on your location it would probably be much faster to upload directly to ftp.privatefiles.com. Those servers are located in USA.

I'm almost certain that is a firewall or browser plugin issue.
    Could you try and disable your firewall or browser plugins, if you use Google Chrome try and download using an Incognito window.
    If you are using a download manager please let me know which one so we can investigate if it has any issues with our system. All up and downloads are done through SSL connections to keep your connection/content private and avoid that ISPs block any traffic

12. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have no problems downloading from all the other file hosts so it's not a firewall issue. Maybe there's a problem w/ firefox. I even disabled adblocker and still, nothing. I can, however, download using J Downloader, but a host that doesn't work (in the US) w/ firefox and common plugins isn't likely to make the cut, especially considering that it doesn't seem to be an issue w/ any of the other hosts.

13. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

That is something you never do.

1 person likes this.
  14. jnn

jnn ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I like this filehost

15. PrivateFiles

PrivateFiles

I'm in USA and can download without problems with all major browsers on Windows, Mac, Linux and Android phones.
    Our servers are also located in USA.
    The problem you are seeing is not a common problem and we are not receiving reports about problems with downloads.

Have you tried to download using Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome ?
    Also what version of Firefox are you using ?

Also If you are using a proxy or VPN make sure that you proxy traffic on port 182. If that port is blocked you can't download

16. PrivateFiles

PrivateFiles

It wasn't intended to be a permanent solution, it's easier than trying to change firewall settings. If nothing changes then its safe to say the firewall is not the problem.
    If the download works when the firewall is disabled then you know that its a setting somewhere in the firewall that is blocking the download :)

17. J3scribe

J3scribe gone fishin' ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers

I appreciate you taking a personal interest in answering questions and sorting out issues.

1 person likes this.
  18. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Don't see how that's possible given that everything I use (browser, plugins, ISP, operating system, 'firewall settings' etc) are super common. I'm not doing or using anything 'special' that would account for some anomalous problem.

Doesn't work on CHROME either.

The latest version

Not using any of that.

I'll try disabling my firewall, but if it turns out that it's the problem, what would could I possibly need to allow to get downloads to work?

19. PrivateFiles

PrivateFiles

If it is your firewall then you need to allow traffic on port 182 from your browser.

I'm guessing that since it works with jdownloader for you then you whitelisted this application at one point. It downloads from the same place as your browser does.

What ISP are you using ?

20. PrivateFiles

PrivateFiles

I think its important to resolve any unexplained behavior, it's not very likely it will go away by itself. Finding a solution to the problem passangel01 experience could help other users who may never report they have an issue.
    Even if the problem is not on our end we could modify our backend to get around it or publish a guide on how to solve the issue on our site.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.