1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

YSI is pissing me off

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by ScrotortheBarbarian, Aug 11, 2005.

1. ScrotortheBarbarian

ScrotortheBarbarian

I have uploaded 10 videos and everytime I finish I check the link to make sure it works and then I send it out, everytime I send it out, I get a message from sombody I sent it too saying something to the effect of "your file exceeded the alloted bandwidth or was removed by receipiant" Any suggestions? Any advice?

2. Lisa Denton

Lisa Denton

I also uploaded on YSI, checked it, and the first link I sent out was dead, that was 2 days ago I think. Today I got a link I requested, first one the poster sent out looks like from the thread, and it was the same.

When I got a bad one last week, the poster replied something about musta been on server 54, he re-uploaded, I guess on a different server, and sent me a good link, but I dunno how to choose servers or which ones would be good.

I keep wanting to check megaupload, I haven't uploaded anything on them since Tommy said not to, and was wondering if thier latest changes in allowed free DL limits have had any affect on upload or download speeds, prolly not.

3. ScrotortheBarbarian

ScrotortheBarbarian

Yeah when I download everybody keeps saying check the lower left hand corner and it will tell you what link but one mine it just says "connecting to yousendit.com" Im thinking about going to Rapidshare but everytime I go to split videos none of the all I get instead of video files I get text documents

4. Lisa Denton

Lisa Denton

With Winrar I just let the wizard do it, open winrar, choose wizard, choose make a archive, select the vid, and select the 50000000 bytes each rar.

I am having trouble with rapidshare, happy hours always says too many peoples downloading, fuckin other people should stay off and let me download mine don't you think, he, he.

5. ScrotortheBarbarian

ScrotortheBarbarian

I agree rapidshares happy hour is pretty annoying at times

6. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

how are things goin with gigashare and your theriver-theory? :)

btw.: imho there´s nothing which cannot be posted anywhere else than ysi....
    the more-work for splitting files is less than this pm-checking etc for ysi-links and the fast links-dying

and rs/happy-hours.... you all know this thing with dynamic ip-addresses helps out 24h a day

7. SemiPimpster

SemiPimpster Still Trying to Pimp

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Sometimes it could be server and sometimes I believe YSI screens out files. If this is the case, you should rename files so no sexual content is implied, compress the file using winzip/winrar and password protect it, or change the file extension.

Here is another file host to try out, it doesn't work for me though
    http://ww3.sharebigfile.com/

YSI gods have been gentle with me recently and I hope they will be with all of you who have troubles

8. Lisa Denton

Lisa Denton

You have to tell it to send to a e-mail address, and you can choose 4, won't work for what we do but thanks, and keep lookin, I will also. I just got numbers 7, 8, and 9 of dead YSI links. Megafuckupload sucks, but not this bad, and I think they are better now that they have lower DL limits.

9. Nihilistic_Mystic

Nihilistic_Mystic

Not that I am trying to defend YSI but I have found that if I put a vid in a zip and rename the extension then it seems to work out fine. I tried it on my most current thread and have had no link complaints since.

Still, the extra steps are annoying so I will probably resort to splitting and RS for future uploads of larger vids.

10. dabuzz

dabuzz

Last I checked MU had reduced their allowed file size to 250mb however their speed seems to have increased.

Lately i've been getting d/l speeds of around 20-25k/s which is roughly 50% of my bandwidth, still quite slow but if it means links don't die then I believe it's a viable option.

Instead of members uploading files 3 or 4 times they can upload it once and hand out the link via private messages.

And as for the excuse of members 'stealing' links, what about the members who find certain password protected RS links and post them to this board?

11. Lisa Denton

Lisa Denton

Uh, dabuzz, maybe you haven't heard us talkin about the Free Download Manager, my megaupload DL speeds went from 20-25 KB/S up to 100-120 KB/S. It makes megaupload not only viable but preferable. I just got a PM from someone sayin they like doing simultaneous YSI DL's on it also.

It could be done just like YSI, 25 requests or 7 days, then the poster has the option to post the link in his thread if he wants, I dunno. That would be a way to keep things similar to YSI.

But only other peoples, veteran posters, could convince Tommy to try it.

Why don't you check out that FDM, a quadruple increase in DL speeds makes megaupload something to rethink.

12. tangsuto

tangsuto

I've been def. having the same problem with YSI links being blocked after the first link or so. I'm just switching to RS to host my vids or at least until YSI is back up and running again.

13. dabuzz

dabuzz

Nah i've read your discussions, i'm just not too keen to add another download manager ;)

At the moment i'm using a standard download manager & the speeds have increased almost ten-fold so if FDM increases the speed and you can get d/l's greater than 100kps then surely it's worth checking into...

Personally i wouldn't notice the difference since i'm limited to about 50kps anyway :(