1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-theft / No Quote

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Nov 3, 2009.

1. cayne

cayne Guest

Many users reported that our threads get quoted/copied on other forums and this may cause some problems with the image-hoster and of course others are just stealing the posts, so that's why we added the anti-theft mod, which disables the option to quote the first post of a thread.

Let me know if you notice any problems regarding this new modification.

Besides that. Happy posting everybody! :)

Vampyre, lil' wutz, MrBig and 23 others like this.
  2. MarkyMark1971

MarkyMark1971 Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Cayne!

3. DirtyCa$h

DirtyCa$h I'll make ya famous!

i just notice it, thanks cayne!

4. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

thanks God!

5. Gizmorella

Gizmorella german frollein

it was about time..thanks

6. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Ahhh..and i thought i got banned or something when i saw it :p

The edit still stands for the creator though right?

7. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

I was wondering also what happened to 'Quote'

Thanks Cayne

8. Crusader276

Crusader276 Legman ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice try, cayne, but unfortunately those KASKOOS fucks are still stealing our work, and the images posted by woody can still be seen there.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Seems this strategy does work on fighting piracy done with some certain programs. I will keep watching that fucking site and keep your guys informed.

9. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

It should certainly block the individual "cutters & pasters", but I suspect the "industrial-scale" pirates will require more sophisticated methods to thwart them! But any improvement is welcome!

Thanks, cayne!

10. LouisZ

LouisZ

Thank god it wasn't any kind of warning (for quoting so much or whatelse) ;)

It might also be useful to prevent that old (and maybe dead) links are still in the thread even if the original poster has replaced his links with new ones.
    It's ok for me ...

11. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Thank you!

12. vadapav11

vadapav11

u can still highlight/copy the post & paste in other forum where advanced editor is enabled!!!

many people just copy paste it to other forums...

13. trolha555

trolha555 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

With all due respect, I think everyone's making too much a big of deal out of this!

Ramsfan likes this.
  14. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun POLL STAR ★

Do just mods have this option, because I don't seem to have that ability. Or does it just happen automatically?

Anyway, I can still use BID or, better yet, ImageHostGrabber, to extract the pictures and up them myself elsewhere, if I wanted to.

15. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

It's not about you d/l them and re-upping them and posting them somewhere else, it's about stealing the OP and posting that code somewhere else.

The OP will have a "NO QUOTE" button

16. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun POLL STAR ★

Oh, I see, the OP has that No Quote thing when they submit it. I thought it was an option you could choose, but apparently it happens automatically.

Also, I would never steal code, If I take pics, I up them myself afterwards.

17. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

if anything this will prevent those fucken idiots who like to quote the entire contents of the original post in their replies and forcing us to re-view all the contents all over again.

Perfect4ths likes this.