1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DEBATE Banned words = Blocking for posting!

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by theTramp, Oct 7, 2019.

1. theTramp

theTramp BANNED

Hello members and staff, I'm proud to be a part of Phun.org and would like to suggest a proposal.

Incest and rape are forbidden on Phun.org... but the title is sometimes unrelated. The model (girl) is the more important and that's why sometimes we don't pay attention to banned words.

Why don't you install word blocking for title thread?

That's what we all get. Members and Staff.

Thank you for your attention.
    Greetings.

2. MadamMeow

MadamMeow Hiding in the shadows... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I understand your concern. Basically we do not want to attract people searching for incest or rape content, so those videos should just be skipped.

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  3. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Word blocking would fail to take into account context.

We want our content posting members to be part of the community, rather than posting bots who don't care about what they provide.

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  4. theTramp

theTramp BANNED

Yes and I am about to be skipped. But my point is, when we try to post a video that contains a banned word... we get an error message "Your post contains banned words that aren’t allowed."

With the plugin will always be skipped. (In video section)

MadamMeow likes this.
  5. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

I on occasion look in the adult section of the forum particularly to find banned content so I can report it straight away..
    We dont need banned words we need vigilant members to help out staff so they can delete and ban those responsible. We dont want people here who get their kicks out of hurting and or demeaning women..

Merlin and TheloniousMonk like this.
  6. sitonb10

sitonb10 "Knight of Fuckery" ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun's Late Bloomer

The great part about Phun.org and the reason I've been & stayed a member for a decade and half
    is the people, the members, the Phunners whom have signed up and frequent the forum pages daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and even every couple of years sometimes.
    We have our "Mods" that help out, keep the peace, put threads sometimes in the right categories that are placed incorrectly (it helps too for optimum exposure to others), image jpeg, gif', mpeg, video places that are the easiest and safest for you and Phun, but most importantly they apply our rules (that have been created pretty much by Phun members) and in my opinion equally. Yes, they sometimes :banned: those for a period of time and or permanently if need be.
    But they are only able to do that because the rest of us also watch over the Phun Forum too because we too want it protected,
    respected and continued operating as a member of a family. Yes, we argue and sometimes fight over things that we disagree on,
    take sides against one group or another over issues, sports, news, pictures etc... And like any family get grumpy at one another for a while
    but we usually get over it and and get back to being a Phun Family.
    So, I truly believe that the need for "word blocking" is not necessary here. I'm 100% sure if those two topics were listed in thread that wasn't a "Help"
    thread it wouldn't take but a very short moment of time before it was gone and those whom posted have a "Phun Vacation" as it use to be called.
    Anyway :welcome: to "Phun.org.forums' I see that you've been a member since May 2019 and have already become a consistent contributor :applause:
    :beerchug: So now we have you too watching over Phun along with the rest :mutual:

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  7. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I'm late to the party on this but I'd like to say a little.

Banning things such as rape, simulated rape, incest, and other more extreme forms of content is a world away for the words used to describe them. If we went into the lounge and had a genuine and honest debate of something like racist words and their use is things like comedy, music, books and film we would be, in context, able to use those words without malice or hostile intent. But if we ban those words we restrict our own forum to a place where words themselves (our primary method of communication in forums) become impossible to use.

The sooner you start censoring, the sooner that circle of things you yourself decided to outlaw grows, and grows and pretty soon things you were fine with are blacklisted. This sounds like the slippery slope argument but sometimes that argument is right. Take todays left wing culture of sjw and cancel culture action brigades. They started to make moves to outlaw anything they disliked, almost right away others were saying that this would come back to bite them and it did right away.

Phun isn't a free speech forum, we all know we have and need rules but to start policing words is right next to policing thought. There's a difference between saying rape in discussion and saying it with intent. I use other places, some chans, and some of the threads and topics I have seen are horrific. Things like that should be deleted and members no longer allowed, but the words they use should not be.

MadamMeow likes this.
  8. MadamMeow

MadamMeow Hiding in the shadows... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I totally understand your point, and I am strongly against speech censorship myself, but to be honest I believe those strong words like rape and incest are banned because of video, and maybe some amateur picture, posters. Loli term stuff is censored to. We don't want people searching for this content here.

Yes, those posters get banned for posting the content, but it is not an automatic process and there are way more posters/want to be posters than the regulars you see. Unfortunately decisions in one area affect another, but it was necessary at the time implemented.

9. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

It's the depiction of the activities that we prohibit, not the words. If we censored the words we couldn't even write a rule prohibiting those activities! :rolleyes:
    However, while words describing prohibited activities may not be censored, the use of such words in a context that suggested or implied intent or approval would not be deemed acceptable.