1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

How do I post images?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Fingy, May 21, 2006.

1. Melonabe

Melonabe Guest

I (along with some other guys like Freeze and Kieks I think) use www.imagehaven.net, there's also uploadem.com and shareavenue.com.
    Those are the good ones I know of.

2. change

change

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll go check them out, and see what I like best.

3. Thomas A Anderson

Thomas A Anderson

<raises hand> I have a Question .... when i look at my posts, i see about 4 or 5 pics per line ... but some have complained that they have to scroll sideways to see my pics, and that i should manually break them into pieces ..... am i doing something wrong and thus should I change something .. also, my pictures are all up against each other, while others (Freeze, Melonabe) have nice neat spaces between the pics .... any thoughts ........ thanks ........................ :)

4. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

after you got the imagehost-codes

- press <enter> (also known as carriage return in type-writer-times ;)) after every 5-6 pics
    - press <space> between every pic.

J3scribe likes this.
  5. Thomas A Anderson

Thomas A Anderson

thanks, I'll do it just like that :)

6. drifttheyak

drifttheyak

The instructions are not showing on this post. Would you please repost?
    Thank you.
    drifttheyak

7. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

Thx for reposting your guide br,great work again!

brcook09 likes this.
  8. AlekseyKorzun

AlekseyKorzun

9. Max_the_Drive

Max_the_Drive

How do you hotlink a GIF from GIFTUBE?

I've seen it done here, but I just get code in the preview.

Thanks;)

10. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

Not sure. Does the host get used around here? If so, feel free to PM one of the guys who uses it and ask them. Otherwise, check out some of the active GIF threads and see what hosts are used, and you can use that one.

Max_the_Drive likes this.
  11. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

like with evey other imagehost - you need the url to the actual image wrapped into the -tags.

[PHP][IMG]http://insertyoururlhere[/PHP]

but as Kieks said - check "approved" hosts, pretty sure you´ll find a useful amongst them.
    recently http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=242966 appears to be pretty useful.

Max_the_Drive likes this.
  12. JayHoo

JayHoo Etpäs ymmärrä ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

imagehaven.net tutorial

1. go to www.imagehaven.net

[​IMG]

2. Press select and upload images. a popup browse window will appear.

[​IMG]

3. You can select 30 images at once with max image size of 1.5Mb. so its 30x1.5Mb

[​IMG]

4. Wait for the images to get uploaded and copy the BBCODE or the HTML code and paste it where you want to place the pics. Uploader infos if the image is too large.

[​IMG]

13. dropkicmurphys7777

dropkicmurphys7777

just want say thanks to brcook,for being a good gu this guy.when i was 1st learning, i got flamed.everyone needs to learn to post. br made it cool for this one.

14. maataador

maataador

hi

maybe i'm retard or something but i can't upload anything to this forum... when put on the attachement manager with my message it says that i already uploaded the max. of 5 files etc... but i never post anything yet ? why is this ?

thx

15. Kieks

You're certainly i the right thread. Have a read of the tutorials within this thread, imagevenue and imagevenue step-by-steps have been posted. Attachments have been disabled here.

16. ManRay

ManRay Back !! (Kinda) ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Every kind of attachment disabled ???

I didn't knew that !

17. Kieks

They used to work, but the maximum file size was 40kb's or something and we'd get people using them all the time, so by disabling it kind of made them forced to look and see how to post pics properly, it's worked well so far.

18. ManRay

ManRay Back !! (Kinda) ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha, force em to do the right thing !!! nice Kieks !!

Also thanks for the heads up, i find imagehaven to be to most
    easy and best to use imagehost !

JayHoo likes this.
  19. superflysky

superflysky

Ok, so i can post thumbnails but why can't i post full size pics?

20. Kieks

Take a read of the phun approved host list, there's a few hosts that are good to post full-size pics with.