1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

SOTW THEMES - POLL

Discussion in 'Expired Polls' started by Perfect4ths, Sep 7, 2009.

Tags:
?

SOTW Themes a month at a time

1. Yes - I am interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - I am not interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Are you interested in having the themes for the SOTW established one month at a time?

However many weeks are in that month would be how many themes we would have. 4 weeks in that month, 4 themes for that month

By doing so, you will have more than 4 days to come up with a sig for that weeks competition.

If the yes votes win, then we can decide on the best way to set up the themes a month at a time and theme selection.

2. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

So basically it would be SOTM??? I'm sure this thread is a pain in the ass to maintain......but once a month....Seems like a long time to wait....I find it hard to wait a week the few times I have posted a good one....Or are you just saying the theme of the week would be posted a month ahead.......and keep the SOTW going?.........and have a vote on the sig of the week theme.....in advance based on previous winners?

3. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

No not once a month, the themes would be laid out a month at a time.

For example October has 5 weeks, so you would know what the themes are for each of the five weeks. It will actually be more work, because I will have to collect the themes, get them voted on and then publish the top 4 or 5 depending on the month ahead.

The winners of each week will have significant input into the themes chosen

4. kaos42000

Yes.........much more work for yu...If you could make it a poll.........for us to vote on the theme.....based on the winners of the previous week that would be an even larger pain for u but sweet............

5. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

so let me get this straight. We will be able to provide a sig every week, one theme for an entire month and all the week winners come together in a poll to vote for the best of the month right ?

6. Iron_Slash

Iron_Slash Guest

The actual system is fine. Why changing something good?

Jammsbro likes this.
  7. AFX

AFX Guest

I voted for by mistake. I agree that it seems to work pretty well.

8. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

True the system works good, but trying something new is never wrong tho ? The only difference would be that the themes are staying longer

9. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

I think it would be good to try for one month, see how it goes.

10. .biomoid.

.biomoid.

I think the system is not the problem. The problem is that it seems that some people only enter when they like the theme.... In my opinion it realy doesn't matter what them theme is.

If the theme would be "dog poo", I could make a good looking sig from a picture of a pile of dog poo ;). It's not about what's in the sig... it's about how you present it in an artistic way.

Oh and a little edit about 4 days being too short.... Are you kidding me? :) Look inside the sig threads... there's guys there that post 5 sigs every day.

11. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think it's a cool idea, it would give me more time to plan my sigs. I'm always feeling rushed with just 4 days, I end up leaving it until Thursday evening and sending in some shit sig that I'm not happy with.

12. Perfect4ths

Not a theme for an entire month, but a month ahead, so you'll know that the third week of October the theme is "Gay Bars" and you'll have ample time to create a sig for that theme

The system does work fine, and I haven't changed anything, I was looking for input into giving more advanced knowledge with each weeks theme, by providing a month at a time.

No, not longer, one theme for each week

That's is what I was hoping for

True, some only enter when they like the theme or do not experience creative inspiration in the 4 days to come up with one

4 days is short when you have to come up with a specific idea, but when you have freedom of creativity anything can happen and usually does.

Again, my intentions are to possibly supply a full month worth of theme ideas, one for each week. However many weeks there are in that month would be how many themes it would have.

13. .biomoid.

.biomoid.

We can also make the time you have for a sig twice as long with 1 simple move.

This one time, P4 should provide a theme for next week (30). Winner of this week (29) can choose the theme for the week after that (31).
    Winner of week 30 provides theme for week 32, etc etc.

Hope you get what I mean :).

14. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

for some (silly?) reason i like the short ammount of time to elaborate a sig.
    it´s not god-given that more time necessarily means more participants.

but biomod´s idea could turn out well - and it doesn´t sound too complicated to give it a try, imho. 1 week and 4 days instead of 4 days.

15. Perfect4ths

I do, and that does works as well, let's see what everyone else thinks

16. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

poll voting results for October example

week 1 girls and beer
    week 2 girls
    week 3 beer
    week 4 ghey libertine liberation front
    week 5 waterslides and thongs

these themes were chosen simply by their voting results in the beginning of the month poll. Say anyone can put forth a theme idea for the poll for discussion, the most popular ideas get a slot in the 10 theme voting poll. Winners of the contest each week for last month automatically get their theme choice in the poll for next month.

Simple.

I like it very much.

GBTG and Perfect4ths like this.
  17. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I do like the idea but maybe it should be part of a SOTM contest, like first month we vote on the next months theme... for the SOTW contest I like the surprise of not knowing what next weeks theme should be.

18. kaos42000

I like the SOTW as it is...........and like that you only have a limited time to come up w/ something...that is the most difficult part of it all.....I concur w/ Cupofcoffee........a Sig of the month might be more appropraite....Everyone votes on a theme for next month.........and that gives everyone lots of time to make one.....or to step it up a notch..........Wall of the month....Sigs are so small and I would love to see our artist's work in a larger format.......

19. kaos42000

make the format onlywall sizes.........and post thumbs only.........