1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO Suggestions for Recognition Banners

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by S-type, Feb 23, 2018.

1. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

You should remember that River was indeed awarded an "Original Phun Crew" banner some time ago!

Merlin and spiderswims like this.
  2. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Yes, but since he never posts no one is aware of it. Me? I've been around constantly for over a decade, gave generously of my own personal time to elevating the quality of this forum for a substantial chunk of those years, only to have one of the very few personal requests I've made be labeled as frivolous. Do you think I would do that to you? God forbid we suck the joy out of this place over something as self-important as a banner.
    Remove mine. I don't want them.

3. S-type

I suggest that if you wish to continue this conversation, Jeff, let's do so privately?

4. J3scribe

Why?
    You may want to review my OP (yes, I started this thread) to remind yourself (and anyone else looking in on this post) why we came up with the banners in the first place. There was no reward system involved. I dare say that "frivolous" was the general incentive behind the whole scheme. These banners were/are meant to celebrate achievements both worthy and absurd. We use them to recognize members for their longevity, or because they're fucking goofballs. Because like you and spider, members have posted more content than rational people should have time in the day to do so. And because such, you deserve recognition for doing so! Or because someone like Big Bee is a fucking lunatic. Is that a serious achievement? Fuck no! But we awarded him because it gave us all a good chuckle.

We could dig up Sennsational's profile and give a banner that says, Repetitive Dumbass.

Or we could dig up SilentB and award him Master of Sigs. (There's a category that is under represented)

Or me, because I'm a "Phun Award Holder." Honestly, what the fuck does that mean? I've won like 6 or 7 Phun Awards in various categories over the years. I'd rather have one banner from 4 years ago that says, "Most Sarcastic 2015" than this new and pointlessly homogeneous "Holder" award.

If you won't remove the others, please remove that one. ^^^ Honestly, it's embarrassing.

5. S-type

As usual you're making a big fuss about little or nothing.
    The word "Holder" is a shorthand way of indicating that the award is current - i.e. from the latest round, without having to also add a year date, and so the same banner can be reused.
    It's no different in principle from the expression World Record Holder - many in the past have broken the record, but the "Holder" is the latest!
    I haven't heard of anybody objecting to the "Holder" expression in that context - or in ours, for that matter, apart from you?

6. J3scribe

And as usual, you defend the pedantic.
    ...And the Oscar goes to... The next person in line to take over for the previous awardee who spent the prior twelve months holding that position for the previous position holder! Who was lucky enough to hold that position for the previous position holder of that Category since they were lucky enough to win that position after the previous position holder of that award won that position! And that's not to diminish the previous holder of that position with due respect to those others who had held that position prior to those who had held that position! Woo hoo! We are all well and good honored to be considered winners of the Place Holder Award.

oy

7. J3scribe

Just hand out banners in the spirit they were conceived. Not indiscriminately, but with joy and diversity in mind.

8. J3scribe

And seriously. Ten Years of Phun, I'll take that. The other two, be gone with them.

9. S-type

I won't defend you again, that's for sure!

Done. You're a sad creature, Jeff!

10. J3scribe

That's true, I'm sad. I made one simple request, well within the guidelines of this thread, and you denied me of it. One simple stupid little banner, which only takes a couple minutes to create. I know, because I created most of them.

11. S-type

Before one asks for favours, Jeff, one has to earn and build up credits.
    And you act as though you believe that you're still buoyed up by credits you earned while a member of Staff, although you conveniently forget that you squandered that credit big time - hence you are where you are!
    But in your usual style you assert that it's everybody else that's out of step!

It seems that even now you just can't contain your argumentative nature and aggressive manner, irritating and upsetting folk wherever you roam, and then you have the chutzpa to ask a favour?
    It would be easy to comply, but as trivial as the banners are they do actually have some standing and a feel-good factor, which has to be shared by the givers as well as the receivers?

That's my last word on the topic.

J3scribe likes this.
  12. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

13. S-type

Done. Belated congrats! :cheers:

YourPalJustin, sitonb10 and Merlin like this.
  14. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

Congrats YPG!!! :beerchug:

And welcome to the Old Pholks Home!!!! :lol:

YourPalJustin and sitonb10 like this.
  15. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I know I didn't win one, but I'd love one that said

Sarcastic Much?

Sonicboom, Big Bamboo! and Merlin like this.
  16. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Congratulations YPJ :beerchug:

Merlin, sitonb10 and YourPalJustin like this.
  17. J3scribe

As well it should be.

In case it's not obvious, I have more respect for S than anyone else on this forum. I would never try to engage anyone else in a debate this exhaustive, in public, with someone less up to the task.

Like spider. He's the first person I responded to after he threw me the :nono: finger.

Typical spider. Fucking trouble maker.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    spiderswims and S-type like this.
  18. Sonicboom

Sonicboom Speed Kills ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Phun Award Holder Fastest Phunner

:coolgrin:

Perfect4ths likes this.
  19. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Who do I have to cough on to get a custom banner?

Sonicboom likes this.
  20. Sonicboom

Sonicboom Speed Kills ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Phun Award Holder Fastest Phunner

S-Type may not have seen it - there was kind of an argument going on I think :lol:

Perfect4ths likes this.