1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO ***TheRiver & TaiPan's Free Software Thread***

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Taipan, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Meep11

Meep11

Picture Shark
    Picture Shark is a totally FREE Image water marking program.
    It will take one image and combine it with another and you can control the transparency , feathering , postition and much more.
    It's one of the only TRUE FREE image watermarking programs. Check it out :
    [​IMG] Choose your Images:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Choose stamp and position [​IMG]
    Choose the output folder and Stamp them ALL at once!
    [​IMG]
    Picture Shark is FREE
    Home Page and tutorial
    OR
    DOWNLOAD IT HERE

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Hey Guys... Generally a ps3 player but was wondering if anyone knows of a good (free) game for a pc/laptop? pref first person shooter? I dont wanna invest until I determine if my machine can run such games. any help would be greeeaaaat!

karabastrahabas likes this.
  3. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

download vuze gap. http://www.vuze.com/app
    loads of games on there and it tells you the spec you need before you download.
    i'm gonna download fallout 3. and if it's any good then i may buy it for the ps3. (i prefer the controller)
    although i'm sure i read on a foum that i can get my sixaxis working on the laptop. i'll look into it.

TheRiver and karabastrahabas like this.
  4. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

I use Replay Media Catcher to rip streaming videos from websites. Sometimes it doesn't work so does anyone know another program that does the same thing?

Loser and karabastrahabas like this.
  5. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

not going down that road but thanks

6. Innu3ndo

Innu3ndo

The only free first person shooter i know of is Quake Live, it's currently in beta status.

you have to sign up and they'll send u a key it takes a few days, it's quite an old game but still kicksass.

Loser, karabastrahabas and gaphugs like this.
  7. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Cheers for that -will check it out

8. agogo

agogo

I had problem unraring rar files that contain passwords coded in Unicode because Winrar would not recognize them. In the search for solution including installing language packs to no avail, I came across this handy free decompression program "Rarzilla" published by Brothersoft. It works with Unicode password and is small (1.26mB), and decompression speed is fast. It works for Winrar files, Zip files. It surprised me by finishing unraring that 1GB file coded in Unicode in seconds while I was still trying to figure out whether it would accept Unicode password. It also have 4 stars reviews on CNET by both the editors and users

http://www.brothersoft.com/rarzilla-free-unrar-64450.html

The only thing that I did not like was Rarzilla took over as the default unrar program after the download. I would like to see how well it works first before letting it takes over from Winrar, but so far I am quite impressed and have not tried to designate Winrar back as the default unrar program . I can now go back and download a number of Korean movies that looked good but were coded in Unicode password.

Loser, rapids_x and TheRiver like this.
  9. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

MediaCoder:

[​IMG]

MediaCoder is a free universal batch media transcoder, which nicely integrates most popular audio/video codecs and tools into an all-in-one solution. With a flexible and extendable architecture, new codecs and tools are added in constantly as well as supports for new devices. MediaCoder intends to be the swiss army knife for media transcoding in all time and at this moment

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net

Download Link:

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/download.htm

Loser, Throbbn, Taipan and 1 other person like this.
  10. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

TVU networks offers a free global live TV service that you can watch on your Windows PC over a broadband Internet connection. This service is dedicated to bringing you TV that you can't get from cable or satellite, such as news and sports from around the world.

The TVU service is accessed with a free downloadable Windows application, the TVUPlayer, which is available here. The TVU service, accessed via its free TVUPlayer application, has been downloaded 25 million times by viewers in over 200 countries.

TVU uses a new broadcast technology called Real-Time Packet Replication. With this technology, all the viewers who are watching a channel at the same time are cooperating to give everyone the best possible signal. TVU's application does not create any new files on your hard disk because you're watching live TV.

Unlike typical Internet video broadcasts that use the older streaming technology, TVU's broadcasters do not need to dedicate more bandwidth for each additional user. This allows broadcasters to reach very large numbers of viewers at low cost. Because TVU can have an unlimited number of channels, TVU offers broadcasters opportunities denied to them by cable and satellite systems. Local broadcasters become global broadcasters; new channels can find a broadcast slot; and bigger broadcasters can create new channels to showcase content that they own but don't have space to broadcast on their existing channels.

Most exciting of all, viewers can become broadcasters using TVU networks' free Broadcast application. This application, combined with a standard-grade PC and a typical broadband Internet connection, allows anybody to become a broadcaster. This basic set-up allows any number of viewers world-wide to watch your channel.

[​IMG]
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Loser, Mindcontrol, Throbbn and 3 others like this.
  11. the intruder

the intruder

hey guys can anyone recomend a good video cutting/editing software? i have some full dvd rips that ive gotten from various sources that i wish to upload to the forum, due to time and internet constrants full 1-2gb files with a million and one rapidshit links are not possible, i want to upp them as short scenes of about 100-300mb per scene over an extended period and help give back to the forum which has given me so much!

12. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

Inkscape:

[​IMG]

An Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format.

Inkscape supports many advanced SVG features (markers, clones, alpha blending, etc.) and great care is taken in designing a streamlined interface. It is very easy to edit nodes, perform complex path operations, trace bitmaps and much more. We also aim to maintain a thriving user and developer community by using open, community-oriented development.

http://www.inkscape.org/index.php?lang=en

Download Link:

http://www.inkscape.org/download/?lang=en

13. TheRiver

Scribus:

[​IMG]

Scribus is an open-source program that brings award-winning professional page layout to Linux/UNIX, Mac OS X, OS/2 and Windows desktops with a combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout. Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation.

http://www.scribus.net/

Download Link:

http://www.scribus.net/?q=downloads

14. TheRiver

15. TheRiver

together with GIMP the last three applications make a pretty good free team for more than just basic DTP.

dragonz and Perfect4ths like this.
  16. TheRiver

Lupo PenSuite:

[​IMG]

Lupo PenSuite is a completely free suite of portable programs and games. This Suite is designed to simplify the user's life, by collecting the best suites and portable applications available on the Web.
    Optimized to be loaded on a USB flash drive and brought always with you, this Suite works perfectly well on any other device. It includes over 200 highly selected portable programs and games (7-Zip, Audacity, CCleaner, eMule, FileZilla, Firefox, Foxit Reader, GIMP, IrfanView, Miranda, Notepad++, Opera, Thunderbird, µTorrent, VLC and many more).
    You can also easily customize your suite adding portable apps from our broad software database. All you need in one package.

http://www.lupopensuite.com/index.htm

Download Link:

http://www.lupopensuite.com/suite.htm

Throbbn and Sachin100 like this.
  17. Lasher1108

Lasher1108

Thanks guys, Lots of good stuff here. Don't know if you mentioned it but I'd like to give a BIG thumbs up to malwarebyes.org. I had the BRASTK trojan and it's a nasty mofo. I pride myself on not letting much defeat me but I was ready to format before a friend had me try malwarebytes, it did the job. I highly recomend it.

18. dragonz

dragonz

Don't know if anyone ever answered this for you properly.
    Limewire is Apple software & it & any other apple software (I-tunes in particular) are noted for causing issues with windows systems.

They have been written for Mac computers, then adapted to work with windows.

Noted for slowing computers down, & for causing system crashes.
    Apple software has been banned from all our work pc's because of this.

Regards

19. dragonz

dragonz

To Taipan & River,
    excellent thread, & thanks to all who have contributed to it.

Regards

Dragonz

20. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

I've heard a lot of this mumbo-jumbo. When limewire is running it uses your resources when you've finished downloading exit the programmme. Forget about apples.........