1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament - Cast Your Votes!

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by xbcx, Sep 7, 2015.

1. xbcx

xbcx

Hi, everyone! I'm happy to announce Sunday, September 20 as the start date for the 2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament!

This will be year #3 of the tournament that I've posted on phun. Previous editions have been stickied by J3Scribe. Maybe he'll do it again. :)

In the tournament's inaugural year, 2013, Marisa Miller claimed the title with a victory over Elle Macpherson in the championship match. In 2014, Bar Refaeli staked her claim to #1 with a win over Nina Agdal in the championship match.

Who will it be this year? Again, you’ll decide!

You may recall that last year I had a Group Stage with round-robin play, followed by a Knockout Stage. It worked out well, but the tournament ran long and was way too much work for little ol' me. :) For this year, there are just 3 models in each group, which means round-robin Group play consists of only 2 matches per model (and 3 total in the group, compared to 6 last year.) It also means that there is no margin for error: only the first place model in each group will advance to the Knockout Stage. There are no wild cards like last year. So, the Group Stage is critical!

In the days before the tournament starts, I'll share my thoughts on some of the most interesting groups in the group stage. Many of the groups have 2-3 models that are difficult to separate, so the Group Stage should be immediately interesting.

Current links to:

Tournament Home Page
    Tournament Format
    Group Stage Standings/Tables (you can see all groups here)
    Knockout Stage Bracket
    Tournament FAQ

I hope you enjoy the 3rd annual tournament, and I encourage you to participate every day! I'm looking forward to hosting it for you!

6 people like this.
  2. palmerski

palmerski

Thanks for doing this again...

1 person likes this.
  3. xbcx

xbcx

Hi, everyone. Ten days left until the start of the tournament, so I thought I’d get the anticipation started by sharing the top 50 ranked models in this year’s tournament.

The rankings are based on appearances and covers, then adjusted based on past tournament performances. Those past performances carry the most weight, so that’s why you see some relatively inexperienced SI models in the rankings.

The top 25 models were assured of easier Group Stage draws because they were each placed in a group with one of the 25 lowest ranked models. After the top 25, group placement was randomized but weighted so higher ranked models were more likely to be slotted into favorable groups.

Without further adieu, the Top 50 entering the 2015 tournament:

#1 - Bar Refaeli, Israel
    #2 - Marisa Miller, United States of America
    #3 - Elle Macpherson, Australia
    #4 - Nina Agdal, Denmark
    #5 - Brooklyn Decker, United States of America
    #6 - Petra Nemcova, Czech Republic
    #7 - Kathy Ireland, United States of America
    #8 - Veronica Varekova, Czech Republic
    #9 - Heidi Klum, Germany
    #10 - Irina Shayk, Russia
    #11 - Paulina Porizkova, Czech Republic
    #12 - Daniela Pestova, Czech Republic
    #13 - Hannah Davis, U.S. Virgin Islands
    #14 - Hannah Ferguson, United States of America
    #15 - Kate Upton, United States of America
    #16 - Cintia Dicker, Brazil
    #17 - Genevieve Morton, South Africa
    #18 - Vendela Kirsebom, Sweden
    #19 - Christie Brinkley, United States of America
    #20 - Yamila Diaz-Rahi, Argentina
    #21 - Josie Maran, United States of America
    #22 - Emily Ratajkowski, United States of America
    #23 - Julie Henderson, United States of America
    #24 - Sara Sampaio, Portugal
    #25 - Rebecca Romijn, United States of America
    #26 - Anne Vyalitsyna, Russia
    #27 - Daniella Sarahyba, Brazil
    #28 - Laetitia Casta, France
    #29 - Cheryl Tiegs, United States of America
    #30 - Kim Cloutier, Canada
    #31 - Stephanie Seymour, United States of America
    #32 - Elsa Benitez, Mexico
    #33 - Ashley Richardson, United States of America
    #34 - Chandra North, United States of America
    #35 - Judit Masco, Spain
    #36 - Stacey Williams, United States of America
    #37 - Cindy Crawford, United States of America
    #38 - Carolyn Murphy, United States of America
    #39 - Lucia Dvorska, Slovakia
    #40 - Jessica Gomes, Australia
    #41 - Alyssa Miller, United States of America
    #42 - Ana Beatriz Barros, Brazil
    #43 - Rachel Hunter, New Zealand
    #44 - Natasha Barnard, South Africa
    #45 - Esti Ginzburg, Israel
    #46 - Kristy Hinze, Australia
    #47 - Angie Everhart, United States of America
    #48 - Hilary Rhoda, United States of America
    #49 - Kim Alexis, United States of America
    #50 - Bregje Heinen, Netherlands

2 people like this.
  4. yucon

yucon "nice tool, kid" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

what? where is Rose Bertram? I know she's new but she was the best of this year

5. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

6. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

No Nina?WTF.

7. xbcx

xbcx

She's at #4. You probably didn't recognize her without the photo of her amazing butt. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. xbcx

xbcx

I personally agree. I think Rose is freaking amazing. But, rookies are all ranked the same; around 100-ish, just because they have no history in the tournament. I don't want these rankings to be my opinion. As you can see from some of the names on the list, like Sara Sampaio, with a good showing in this year's tournament she'll be ranked highly next year.

Thanks for the feedback. It's interesting, actually, because I'd say about 95% of votes are cast within the first two days of posting. So, I was actually considering shortening the time the polls were open! :)

9. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

But I feel like my vote is the deciding vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!! :puppy_dog_eyes:

1 person likes this.
  10. xbcx

xbcx

Six days left until the start!

For each of the next five days, I'll preview every group in the Group Stage. Here are odds to win the group and advance to the Knockout Stage, along with my commentary interspersed.

Note: These odds are provided for entertainment only, of course. It's my attempt to handicap the field... basically to generate discussion and give me something to refer back to later. So, you won't find anyone willing to bet you. :)

These first 16 groups are almost all easy to predict, because of the way I constructed the groups. The top 25 models are assured of having a bottom 25 model in their group, so that naturally leads to an easier group. But, not every one is a lock: look at Group 14, for example.

Group 1
    (1) Bar Refaeli (ISR) - 1/12
    Tori Praver (USA) - 11/1
    Jane Gill (USA) - 10000/1
    Tori Praver was dealt a terrible draw again. She's at 11/1 because she's a lock if she can pull off an upset against our defending champion, but it's highly unlikely.

Group 2
    (2) Marisa Miller (USA) - 1/36
    Pixie Peterson (USA) - 80/1
    Irina Pantaeva (RUS) - 200/1
    This should be a walkover for Marisa.

Group 3
    (3) Elle Macpherson (AUS) - 1/30
    Renee Simonsen (DEN) - 28/1
    Kathy Loghry (USA) - 4800/1
    The Body's only remote threat is Renee Simonsen, but Elle should easily advance.

Group 4
    (4) Nina Agdal (DEN) - 1/90
    Sheila Roscoe (USA) - 185/1
    Carmen Luisa Vela (USA) - 580/1
    Nina for the win.

Group 5
    (5) Brooklyn Decker (USA) - 1/17
    Oluchi Onweagba (NGA) - 23/1
    Bernadette Swann (USA) - 560/1
    The only way Brooklyn doesn't come out of this group is if voters love Oluchi's amazing boobs. Unfortunately for Oluchi, Brooklyn also owns the same assets. Arguably, I was too generous with Oluchi's chances.

Group 6
    (6) Petra Nemcova (CZE) - 1/4
    Jessica Hart (AUS) - 13/2
    Sarah Nursey (AUS) - 70/1
    I'd be shocked if Petra doesn't advance, but Jessica Hart isn't a complete pushover.

Group 7
    (7) Kathy Ireland (USA) - 1/16
    Erin Gray (USA) - 19/1
    Anna Getaneh (ETH) - 720/1
    This should be a pretty easy path for Kathy.

Group 8
    (8) Veronica Varekova (CZE) - 1/30
    Britta Dubbels (GER) - 37/1
    Micheline Lee (PYF) - 800/1
    Same for Veronica: easy path to the Knockout Stage.

Group 9
    (9) Heidi Klum (GER) - 2/7
    Libby Otis (USA) - 13/1
    Barbara Minty (USA) - 12/1
    Heidi's certainly the favorite, but both Libby and Barbara at least have the ability to make their matches with Heidi somewhat close.

Group 10
    (10) Irina Shayk (RUS) - 1/10
    Dayle Haddon (CAN) - 14/1
    Louise Vyent (NED) - 250/1
    This should be Irina's group, easily. I probably overestimated Dayle Haddon's chances.

Group 11
    (11) Paulina Porizkova (CZE) - 1/9
    Maria Joao (BRA) - 10/1
    Gail O'Neill (USA) - 425/1
    Maria Joao is the only real threat to Paulina Porizkova, but not much of one.

Group 12
    (12) Daniela Pestova (CZE) - 1/5
    Amy Wesson (USA) - 4/1
    Elvira Ulla (GER) - 9000/1
    This might seem to be obviously Daniela's to lose, and it is. But, don't discount Amy Wesson... she has a few pretty hot SI photos.

Group 13
    (13) Hannah Davis (VIR) - 1/4
    Patricia Velasquez (VEN) - 15/2
    Carla Maria (USA) - 50/1
    The 2015 cover girl is the odds on favorite to win this group. Patricia Velasquez provides a little bit of an obstacle, but I fully expect Hannah to roll on.

Group 14
    (14) Hannah Ferguson (USA) - 2/3
    Chanel Iman (USA) - 3/2
    Navia Ngyuen (VIE) - 160/1
    This group is the best of the bunch being previewed today. Hannah Ferguson is the seeded favorite, but Chanel Iman presents an interesting challenger for Hannah.

Group 15
    (15) Kate Upton (USA) - 1/70
    Carol Latimer (USA) - 150/1
    Charissa Craig (USA) - 450/1
    Kate might not lose a vote in either of her Group Stage matches!

Group 16
    (16) Cintia Dicker (BRA) - 1/55
    Coco Mitchell (USA) - 160/1
    Cynthia Korman (USA) - 200/1
    Likewise, Cintia won't lose many votes in the Group Stage, either. This should be a cakewalk for her.

11. xbcx

xbcx

Day 2 of the Group Stage previews, and just 5 days until the voting begins! Enjoy!

Group 17
    (17) Genevieve Morton (AUS) - 1/3
    Kenza Fourati (TUN) - 9/4
    Hina Tama (PYF) - 18000/1
    Genevieve may receive a bit of a challenge from Kenza Fourati, but I expect Genevieve to prevail rather easily.

Group 18
    (18) Vendela Kirsebom (SWE) - 2/5
    Niki Taylor (USA) - 2/1
    Kay Hughes (USA) - 6400/1
    Vendela and Niki are set to clash for first place in this group. Niki has struggled in past tournaments, but she has had tough matches. It’s difficult to consider a supermodel a pushover. My prediction is that Vendela will prevail.

Group 19
    (19) Christie Brinkley (USA) - 1/3
    Cris Urena (DOM) - 5/2
    Akure Wall (NGA) - 1000/1
    Christie will probably get a run for her money from Cris, but I think Christie is still the favorite.

Group 20
    (20) Yamila Diaz-Rahi (ARG) - 2/11
    Ana Paula Araujo (BRA) - 9/1
    Sabrina Barnett (USA) - 65/1
    This looks like Yamila’s group. Ana Paula may provide a little resistance, but I don’t think it’ll be much.

Group 21
    (21) Josie Maran (USA) - 1/4
    Kirby Griffin (USA) - 6/1
    Georgianna Robertson (JAM) - 70/1
    Josie is the definitive favorite, but Kirby is no slouch.

Group 22
    (22) Emily Ratajkowski (USA) - 2/3
    Jessica Perez (CRC) - 5/4
    Kadra Ahmed Omar (ETH) - 9000/1
    This is another tough one to predict. Emily would seem to be the favorite because of all of her publicity, but Jessica will give her a huge challenge, I think. This should be interesting!

Group 23
    (23) Julie Henderson (USA) - 2/7
    Kylie Bax (NZL) - 3/1
    Annette Molen (USA) - 3000/1
    Kylie has a 4-3 record in past tournaments, so she may have what it takes to challenge the favored Julie.

Group 24
    (24) Sara Sampaio (POR) - 1/2
    Karen Mulder (NED) - 2/1
    Roberta Little (USA) - 230/1
    Will new school (Sara) beat old school (Karen)? Probably, but it’ll be interesting to see.

Group 25
    (25) Rebecca Romijn (USA) - 1/6
    Aya Thorgren (SWE) - 18/1
    Tanga Moreau (BEL) - 26/1
    Pencil in Rebecca to advance easily.

Group 26
    Lucia Dvorska (SVK) - 1/3
    Yvonne Sylvander (SWE) - 5/1
    Rosie de la Cruz (USA) - 33/1
    Lucia has a 9-3 record in past tournaments and looks like she wouldn’t be stopped by either of her group mates.

Group 27
    Anne Vyalitsyna (RUS) - 2/7
    Marilyn Tindall (USA) - 165/1
    Melania Knauss (SLO) - 4/1
    Only Mrs. Trump provides any resistance to Anne V. Can Melania ride the Donald hype train to a win? Does anyone even realize that the USA may someday have the only First Lady to have appeared in SI Swimsuit?

Group 28
    Stephanie Seymour (USA) - 1/3
    Apollonia Van Ravenstein (NED) - 38/1
    Tyra Banks (USA) - 11/2
    Two supermodels duke it out here. In past years, I’d have figured this would be closer, but Tyra’s 2-4 record in past tournaments would suggest otherwise.

Group 29
    Elsa Benitez (MEX) - 1/2
    Mary Sturdevant (USA) - 1000/1
    May Andersen (DEN) - 8/5
    Elsa could struggle to survive against May, who is a sleeper pick in the group.

Group 30
    Esti Ginzburg (ISR) - 1/1
    Solveig Mork (DEN) - 2/1
    Jenny Brunt (ENG) - 16/1
    Esti is probably the favorite here, but she’ll face a big challenge from rookie Solveig. I would not at all be surprised to see Solveig win the group.

Group 31
    Jessica Gomes (AUS) - 1/6
    Margaux Hemingway (USA) - 235/1
    Manon Von Gerkan (GER) - 7/1
    This one looks pretty easy for Jessica.

Group 32
    Cheryl Tiegs (USA) - 2/5
    Barbara Carrera (NIC) - 3/1
    Paula Warner (USA) - 76/1
    Cheryl is an icon, of course, so she needs to be favored. But, Barbara Carrera has what it takes to give Cheryl a scare.

12. xbcx

xbcx

Day 3 of the previews and only 4 days until voting starts!

Feel free to discuss the groups in this thread. There are some very interesting groups in this batch, including one with Rose Bertram and Rachel Hunter. What are your thoughts? Anyone, or will you all let your votes do the talking? :)

Group 33
    Alyssa Miller (USA) - 1/5
    Adaora Akubilo (NGA) - 12/1
    Quiana Grant (USA) - 32/1
    Alyssa should have no troubles against either of her group mates.

Group 34
    Stacey Williams (USA) - 2/13
    Rita Tellone (USA) - 18/1
    Ann Peterson (USA) - 230/1
    Likewise, this should be an easy group title for Stacey.

Group 35
    Rachel Hunter (NZL) - 1/1
    Rose Bertram (BEL) - 1/1
    Tannia Rubiano (COL) - 560/1
    Who knows?! This is very interesting. Rachel is a legit supermodel, and Rose is the hot shot rookie with boobs to die for. The only thing for certain in this group is that Tannia Rubiano has virtually no chance.

Group 36
    Kelly Emberg (USA) - 3/2
    Hilary Rhoda (USA) - 1/1
    Lena Kansbod (SWE) - 25/1
    Hilary and Kelly are tough to separate. Both have had above average performances in past tournaments. I give the edge to Hilary by a little bit, but I personally like Kelly better.

Group 37
    Daniella Sarahyba (BRA) - 1/1
    Jessica White (USA) - 3/1
    Talisa Soto (USA) - 12/1
    Jessica has been a disappointment in previous tournaments, so her odds would have been better in previous years.

Group 38
    Ashley Richardson (USA) - 2/7
    Alicia Hall (USA) - 7/2
    Jean Pelton (USA) - 250/1
    Alicia is a bit of a dark horse candidate. I think she has the potential to knock off Ashley, but probably won’t!

Group 39
    Dominique Piek (RSA) - 5/8
    Frankie Rayder (USA) - 8/5
    Samantha Jones (USA) - 125/1
    Here’s another great group with Dominique and Frankie set to battle it out. I give the edge to Dominique. Dom’s record is only 4-4 in past tournaments, but her four losses have been against Petra Nemcova, Cindy Crawford, Molly Sims, and Sara Sampaio. No shame in those!

Group 40
    Cindy Crawford (USA) - 2/3
    Shakara Ledard (BAH) - 7/2
    Annie Morton (USA) - 14/1
    Cindy is the clear favorite, but Shakara may garner some support. Annie is a longshot.

Group 41
    Judit Masco (ESP) - 2/3
    Yvette Sylvander (SWE) - 13/2
    Beri Smither (USA) - 6/1
    This is not a walkover group, but I think Judit is the decided favorite.

Group 42
    Angie Everhart (USA) - 2/5
    Raica Oliveira (BRA) - 5/1
    Michaela Bercu (ISR) - 25/1
    Angie’s the one to beat here, but Raica and Michaela are probably not going to go down easily.

Group 43
    Chrissy Teigen (USA) - 1/1
    Reka Ebergenyi (HUN) - 7/2
    Sonia Dara (USA) - 8/1
    This one might be primed for an upset. Sonia and Reka performed admirably in last year’s tournament, and Chrissy is the polarizing figure that she is. Will the Chrissy haters vote for her opponents?

Group 44
    Yesica Toscanini (BRA) - 8/5
    Laetitia Casta (FRA) - 1/1
    Andrea Orme (GER) - 165/1
    Laetitia is the favorite, but Yesica has what it takes to knock her off. Will it happen?

Group 45
    Michelle Behennah (ENG) - 7/4
    Juliana Martins (BRA) - 3/2
    Amber Noelle Ehresmann (USA) - 11/1
    Juliana and Michelle both have nice records in previous tournaments and both have average vote percentages above the legit 60% mark. So, this is close to a toss-up.

Group 46
    Vanessa Lorenzo (ESP) - 3/2
    Crystal Renn (USA) - 7/4
    Jessie Sanders (USA) - 11/1
    Vanessa has a 6-2 record in past tournaments, so she’s instilled as the favorite in this group. It wouldn’t shock me to see her lose, though.

Group 47
    Kim Alexis (USA) - 1/1
    Michelle Lombardo (USA) - 3/2
    Jamee Becker (USA) - 55/1
    Small boobs or big boobs? That might be what it comes down to between the equally beautiful Kim and Michelle. Kim is the supermodel, but Michelle is a stunner.

Group 48
    Melissa Haro (USA) - 1/1
    Sue Peterson (USA) - 75/1
    Melissa Baker (USA) - 1/1
    The two Melissas are almost the same person, for Pete’s sake! Both are dark haired beauties with amazing bodies and sexy poses. I give the edge to Haro personally, but this matchup will be very interesting.

13. palmerski

palmerski

Too much to think about, I'll be one of those who let the votes do the talking.....;)

14. xbcx

xbcx

It seems you are not alone. :) Hopefully people tolerate my previews.

1 person likes this.
  15. xbcx

xbcx

Day 4 of the previews... just one more day of these left. :)

More importantly, there are 3 days until voting begins! Excitement is building!!!

There are some awesome groups in this batch today. The Group Stage matches will be immediately important in this format.

Group 49
    Carolyn Murphy (USA) - 1/1
    Shannan Click (USA) - 1/1
    Turia Mau (PYF) - 2250/1
    Shannan is 8-2 in past tournaments, and Carolyn is 5-2 but with a much better average vote percentage (AVP). This one is too close to call, in my mind.

Group 50
    Kim Cloutier (CAN) - 1/1
    Hailey Clauson (USA) - 1/1
    Vicky Howard (USA) - 1000/1
    Kim Cloutier has a 9-2 record and over 66% AVP, which has earned her the #30 rank overall. But, Hailey is one of the hot-shot rookies with a huge following. I think Hailey might escape with first place.

Group 51
    Bridget Hall (USA) - 3/1
    Valeria Mazza (ARG) 2/1
    Monica Bellucci (ITA) 3/1
    This group is wide open. None of these models have been world beaters, but they’re all solid. The favorite is Valeria Mazza, in my opinion.

Group 52
    Natasha Barnard (RSA) - 1/1
    Erin Heatherton (USA) - 1/1
    Lorraine Pascale (ENG) - 360/1
    Here’s another awesome pairing of high performer vs. hot-shot rookie. Natasha has the highest AVP of all 241 models: 76.6%. Erin will be tough competition, though. I think Natasha will come out on top.

Group 53
    Janelle Fishman (USA) - 2/1
    Ashley Smith (USA) - 3/2
    Ana Paula Lemes (BRA) - 13/2
    Here’s another example of the random group draw rearing its head. None of these are stellar, so the door is wide open for rookie Ashley to walk thru.

Group 54
    Fernanda Motta (BRA) - 1/1
    Pania Rose (AUS) - 3/2
    Barbro Ehn (SWE) - 50/1
    None of these models have a winning tournament record, and it’s probably going to come down to Fernanda vs. Pania.

Group 55
    Jeisa Chiminazzo (BRA) - 1/1
    Noemie Lenoir (FRA) - 5/2
    Maria Von Hartz (USA) - 13/1
    Jeisa beat Irina Shayk in a 2014 match, so that gives her instant credibility. I think this will be a rather easy group win for her.

Group 56
    Isabeli Fontana (BRA) - 1/4
    Suzy Smith (ENG) - 55/1
    Damaris Lewis (USA) - 7/1
    Not much stands between Isabeli and a group title.

Group 57
    Kristy Hinze (AUS) - 1/1
    Sarah O'Hare (AUS) - 2/1
    Tamara Spoelder (NED) - 23/1
    We’ll go down under to find the winner of this group. Sarah is hot, but Kristy’s tournament results are hard to bet against.

Group 58
    Eva Herzigova (CZE) - 1/1
    Robyn Lawley (AUS) - 5/2
    Irina Gerasimenko (RUS) - 10/1
    Supermodel Eva will probably get a decent test from Robyn, but she’s certainly still the favorite. Watch out for Irina, who may get more support than you’d imagine.

Group 59
    Angela Lindvall (USA) - 2/1
    Carre Otis (USA) - 5/2
    Kim Lemanton (USA) - 4/1
    This group is anyone’s to win. Angela has the best track record and is therefore instilled as the favorite.

Group 60
    Estelle Lefebure (FRA) - 2/1
    Louise Forsling (SWE) - 3/1
    Kathryn Redding (USA) - 4/1
    If Erin Heatherton reads this, she’ll think, “I get stuck in a group with Natasha Barnard, and this group exists?!” Another byproduct of the draw… it keeps it interesting! In this group, it seems that Estelle will be the favorite. She’s the only one with a winning record in past tournaments.

Group 61
    Izabel Goulart (BRA) - 3/2
    Yasmin Brunet (BRA) - 7/2
    Michelle Alves (BRA) - 5/1
    My bold prediction is that a Brazilian will be crowned champion of this group. :)

Group 62
    Selita Ebanks (CAY) - 5/2
    Emily DiDonato (USA) - 3/2
    Monique Moura de Carvalho (BRA) - 8/1
    Selita and Emily are tough to separate, but Selita has a better history.

Group 63
    Ehrinn Cummings (CAN) - 3/2
    Kelly Rohrbach (USA) - 1/1
    Lynn Brophy (USA) - 120/1
    SI’s Rookie of the Year, Kelly Rohrbach, gets a pretty favorable draw here.

Group 64
    Gigi Hadid (USA) - 3/2
    Carol Alt (USA) - 2/1
    Caprice Bourret (USA) - 8/1
    Old school versus new school. Carol Alt vs. Gigi Hadid. Who prevails? Will Caprice have enough to play the role of spoiler?

16. xbcx

xbcx

Last day of the group previews. Tomorrow, I'll have a couple of quick fun facts, and then voting begins on Sunday morning! YAY!!! :)

Group 65
    Lily Aldridge (USA) - 3/2
    Lauren Mellor (RSA) - 1/1
    Naomi Campbell (ENG) - 60/1
    Lauren and Lily are the likely top 2 in this group, and I think Lauren will have enough to knock off Lily. Naomi is the supermodel with the longest odds, but her SI photos were sort of lackluster and she hasn’t gotten a lot of support in previous tournaments.

Group 66
    Marloes Horst (NED) - 1/1
    Zoe Duchesne (CAN) - 3/2
    Maggie Smith (USA) - 50/1
    Marloes will need to survive a test from Zoe to claim first place in this group.

Group 67
    Julie Ordon (SUI) - 8/5
    Ingrid Seynhaeve (BEL) - 1/1
    Hillary Safire (USA) - 80/1
    I’m partial to Ingrid Seynhaeve. I fell in love with her look when I first saw her, so she’s one of my personal favorites. Julie has done well in past tournaments and will be a tough obstacle.

Group 68
    Malia Jones (USA) - 3/1
    Molly Sims (USA) - 2/1
    Aline Nakashima (BRA) - 7/2
    This could shape up to very a very interesting group. All three have performed decently in past tournaments, so it could be close. I’m considering Molly the favorite, though.

Group 69
    Bregje Heinen (NED) - 3/2
    Lujan Fernandez (ARG) - 5/2
    Brandi Quinones (USA) - 7/1
    Surprisingly, Bregje managed to eek into the top 50 models this year with a nice tournament run in 2014. Therefore, she’s the favorite to advance in this group.

Group 70
    Amber Smith (USA) - 2/3
    Monika Schnarre (CAN) - 9/5
    Sunny Bippus (USA) - 110/1
    Amber and Monika are two totally different looks, so which one advances depends on how the population votes. Bigger boobs often tend to attract votes, so Amber is the favorite.

Group 71
    Rachel Roberts (CAN) - 9/5
    Estella Warren (CAN) - 8/5
    Carla Campbell (JAM) - 7/1
    Wide open! Rachel and Estella are pretty evenly matched. Even Carla could make a splash if my aforementioned boobs theory has any truth.

Group 72
    Kara Young (USA) - 3/2
    Ariel Meredith (USA) - 1/1
    Ann Simonton (USA) - 25/1
    Ariel is the favorite, I think, but Kara is a very underrated challenger.

Group 73
    Yasmeen Ghauri (CAN) - 9/5
    Jarah Mariano (USA) - 1/1
    Kate James (AUS) - 20/1
    If you’re looking for odds mistakes, then this might be your chance. Yasmeen has more notoriety and has a better tournament track record, but Jarah is the odds-on favorite.

Group 74
    Samantha Hoopes (USA) - 3/2
    Kate Bock (CAN) - 5/4
    Karen Alexander (USA) - 20/1
    Kate is lovely in many ways, and she’s the slight favorite in this group over Samantha. It will likely be a very close run, though.

Group 75
    Melissa Keller (USA) - 3/1
    Ana Beatriz Barros (BRA) - 2/1
    Mallory Snyder (USA) - 7/2
    This group is also wide open. I wouldn’t be surprised to see any of the three win the group. Ana Beatriz is favored because of her track record and name.

Group 76
    Valerie van der Graaf (NED) - 8/5
    Aurelie Claudel (FRA) - 3/4
    Lana Ogilvie (CAN) - 55/1
    Aurelie is another personal favorite of mine, and I think she’s also the favorite in the group. Valerie may have other ideas, though!

Group 77
    Fernanda Tavares (BRA) - 1/1
    Michelle Vawer (USA) - 1/1
    Babette March (GER) - 2200/1
    Pick ‘em. Fernanda is 4-2 in past tournaments, while Michelle is 3-4. But, Michelle has a higher average vote percentage (AVP). The first SI covergirl, Babette, is likely to get no love.

Group 78
    Shana Zadrick (USA) - 1/1
    Chandra North (USA) - 1/1
    Roshumba Williams (USA) - 60/1
    Another pick ‘em. Shana is a statistical anomaly, with a 2-3 record but AVP over 60%. Chandra has a 6-3 record but an AVP of about 56%. Roshumba is winless.

Group 79
    Shirley Mallmann (BRA) - 1/1
    Jessica Van Der Steen (BEL) - 4/3
    Jocelyn Javits (USA) - 125/1
    Shirley is a slight favorite over Jessica, in my mind, but it’s too close to take to the bank.

Group 80
    Veronica Blume (GER) - 3/1
    Jenna de Rosnay (USA) - 9/5
    Audrey Quock (USA) - 7/2
    Jenna is the one in the group with the best tournament track record, so she’s the favorite. But, the other two could pose a threat. Audrey has the lowest odds of any winless model, by a lot! She’s 0-5 in past tournaments, but she’s capable.

1 person likes this.
  17. xbcx

xbcx

The tournament begins tomorrow morning!!!

For today, enjoy these (hopefully interesting) facts about the tournament.

Previous Tournament Results:
    2013 - Champion: Marisa Miller, Runner-up: Elle Macpherson
    2014 - Champion: Bar Refaeli, Runner-up: Nina Agdal

Most Tournament Wins:
    Bar Refaeli & Nina Agdal (14) - Bar has 1 loss, while Nina has 2.

Highest Tournament AVP (Average Vote Percentage):
    Natasha Barnard (76.6%)

Decade of Top 50 Models’ Rookie Year:
    1960’s - 0
    1970’s - 2
    1980’s - 8
    1990’s - 11
    2000’s - 19
    2010’s - 10

Highest Ranked by Decade:
    1960’s - Suzy Smith (#126)
    1970’s - Christie Brinkley (#19)
    1980’s - Elle Macpherson (#3)
    1990’s - Veronica Varekova (#8)
    2000’s - Bar Refaeli (#1)
    2010’s - Nina Agdal (#4)

Other fun facts:
    - A total of 59 models have an AVP over 60%, and only one of those (Shana Zadrick) has a losing tournament record (2-3).
    - Sara Sampaio has the best tournament record (6-1) of any model with an AVP below 60% (she’s at 58.4%).
    - Nina Agdal & Brooklyn Decker are the only two models to have made the Semifinal Round in both previous tournaments, but neither has been Champion.
    - Bar Refaeli, Elle Macpherson, Marisa Miller, and Petra Nemcova are the other models to have made a Semifinal Round.

1 person likes this.
  18. xbcx

xbcx

The first matches of the 2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament are now live and open for voting!!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on September 23. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting, and check back tomorrow for new matches!

-------

Group 61, Match 1
    Izabel Goulart vs. Michelle Alves
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5eqmv

[​IMG]

Group 54, Match 1
    Fernanda Motta vs. Barbro Ehn
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5eqvu

[​IMG]

Group 24, Match 1
    Sara Sampaio vs. Roberta Little
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5eqw7

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. xbcx

xbcx

Three more matches are now live and open for voting!!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on September 24. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

-------

Group 67, Match 1
    Julie Ordon vs. Hillary Safire
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5erks

[​IMG]

Group 37, Match 1
    Daniella Sarahyba vs. Talisa Soto
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5erkx

[​IMG]

Group 8, Match 1
    Veronica Varekova vs. Micheline Lee
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5erl0

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. xbcx

xbcx

Three more matches are now live and open for voting!!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on September 25. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

-------

Group 5, Match 1
    Brooklyn Decker vs. Bernadette Swann
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5etd7

[​IMG]

Group 27, Match 1
    Anne Vyalitsyna vs. Melania Knauss
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5etdi

[​IMG]

Group 17, Match 1
    Genevieve Morton vs. Hina Tama
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5ete9