1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

A Nature Lovers Thread....

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by bamafan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

1. Yes i know the pictures look the way they do i will have too look into it later why they turn out the way they do from my iphone to my laptop.

2. These are taken from my weekend i just got home from. Its from Gothenburg swedens second largest city. Its a huge porttown. Some of the archipelago pics are of the typical nature for the area. Lots of hilly small islands with very barend nature. It comes from the ice age a long time ago when a huge mass of ice pressed the ground down. Since that time the ground has slowly started too rise again with a few milimeters each year.

3. The other pics are froma maritime museum. Im a bit unsure of the proper nautical term for the ships but the big grey one is a so called destroyer its purpose was too move quickly and hunt down various threats too naval convoys or just protect our borders. It was equipped with missiles that also could take out submarines under the water. The red boat is simply a lighthouse boat.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  2. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Great shots. I've never heard of a lighthouse boat. Interesting.

1 person likes this.
  3. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

in the younger Days of lighthouses it was somewhat troublesome to build lighthouses far out into the sea where there were shallows. So in those Days they sent out ships with lights so they could put them there anchored so they could warn ships. After that they built a simple pole out of Concrete see the pic below scribes. But as you know nowadays lighthouses are more or less obsolete but still they are a piece of history.

[​IMG]

As you can see this is a free standing Concrete lighthouse built directly on the water when you Think of a lighthouse its normaly on an Island.

7 people like this.
  4. Flippy

[​IMG]

dwarf tulip in my mom and dads yard.

[​IMG]

Easter Lilies.

9 people like this.
  5. Flippy

forgot this one its a Picture of my former neighbours dog. It was a rescue dog that had been mistreated in its earlier home. Love the Little guy very mellow and a Little bit shy. I have to let him come too me otherwise he wont let you touch him.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  6. lil' wutz

lil' wutz U can't touch this ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

if u like...some pics from our trip to Flevoland, the Netherlands. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10 people like this.
  7. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Fixed ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. lil' wutz

lil' wutz U can't touch this ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Sorry ;)

btw hup holland hup! Why is that Holland and not NL?

9. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Most likely made by someone from North or South Holland (2 of the 12 province of the Netherlands)

1 person likes this.
  10. smoothandquick

smoothandquick ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Historic Khmer Temple in Phi Mai, Isaan, Thailand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Trip to historic Khmer Temple in Phi Mai, Isan, Thailand. It is not as big as Angkor Wat in Cambodia but just as beautiful. Just before the start of the Rainy Season, No Tourists - Peace - Nothing, except some Thai School classes once in a while passing by.

7 people like this.
  11. J3scribe

Muir Woods Nat'l Monument, California

June 11, 2014

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These are not the largest of the redwood trees but they are nevertheless enormous. The Muir Woods are several miles north of the San Francisco Bay.

9 people like this.
  12. smoothandquick

smoothandquick ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Wow incredible beautiful trees. Very impressive

1 person likes this.
  13. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Great pics, you guys !
    Thanks ! :D

14. Flippy

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  15. lspiderl

lspiderl Guest

ok so I hope this works , This will be my first contribution here and I hope im doing this right

I don't do a lot of nature photography as I generaly deal more with people (weddings , portraits , engagements and budouir) But I thought I would share some of these from my trip to phoenix

hope you like them and if you decide to look up my page please remember its a business page and be professional please

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  16. J3scribe

Great shots. Phoenix has a nice zoo and botanical gardens. I visited both on a couple of occasions when I lived there last year.

17. J3scribe

Not actually nature pics in the strictest sense, but it was a pretty ride...

Powell & Mason Sts. Cable Car, San Francisco

From Fisherman's Wharf to Union Square via Nob Hill.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Top of Nob Hill...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  18. lspiderl

lspiderl Guest

thanks

19. Flippy

Too me city nature has its charm aswell and shouldnt be excluded in this thread.

1 person likes this.
  20. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Great pics !
    Just not sure why you put them ugly taggs into them ...
    I dont think anyone has done that here before.
    NOT gonna visit your page.

Here we share unreserved ... just saying !