1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Ads on imagevenue?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TKA1, May 4, 2008.

1. TKA1

TKA1 has erectile dysphunction

this is a constant dilemma with these hosts. imagevenue was amazing for a long time but i'm starting to get pissed off at it like some of you. the thing that's so awesome about imagevenue is that the pics last forever. gotta hand that to them. but these new tactics are no fun.

i like imagebam, but those pics don't seem to be around very long. i quite frequently check a thread from only a 1-2 months ago and the thumbs will be there, but when you click, it's a red x.

they all suck in some major way.

did somebody say phun image host? :)

2. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

more than one. ;)

3. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

hi.

got a nice little file installed on my HD which requested to take action (i refused) after klicking an a thumb of an imagevenue-hosted pic. don´t like that.

found nothing on google - if there´s anyone with more info feel invited to share your knowledge.

filename: OIkmtg.exe

rapids_x, lil' wutz and TKA1 like this.
  4. Deeron_Park

Deeron_Park

For those having problems w/ imagevenue just use FireFox and install ADBlock Plus.

No more ads and faster pics. :)

5. TKA1

i hate to say this, but if that's the case... well i don't know. that's atrocious. hope somebody looks into this.

thanks, but it's more like the principle of the thing.

6. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

i sent vlad an email.

TheRiver likes this.
  7. LUvNiT

LUvNiT

Is Vlad involved with Imagevenue?

8. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

he is imagevenue's admin

9. Biscuit666

Biscuit666 Guest

that oikmtg.exe shit sounds bad. i am having some serious problems with trojans at the moment. and i dont visit that many different sites (im not saying theyare from phun) but sometimes i get warnings when i click on some of the pics members have posted. no matter who the host is.

10. TheRiver

thanks!

i am a dedicated FF-user... ;)

checked my system quite a few times today - as for now nothing harmful yet.
    no registry-entries, just got the file (root of c:\ ) and windows wanted to start s process via this exe-file. renamed the file and decided to be "observant".

11. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

Searched for that file on hd, non found. Could be one of these fake renamed spyware file's.

For who's using Internet Explorer, you can ad imagevenue to the restricted sites. You will then only allow the pic to load, no other things as java, installation files,.. Please look on page 2 for how to do that
    (it doesnt require an external software).

In FF i don't have see an option as these. Using FF for a week. Nice tabs :D

Install now Adblock for FF, better have a clean pc then fixing/healing it.

12. TKA1

has anybody ever clicked on an imagevenue pic and then a million windows start opening nonstop about 2 per second? this just happened to me for the second time. i hit print screen real quick before i ended it. i had 1 tab open before i clicked the pic, and this happened in about 5 seconds. (and please don't tell me to use FF... that's not the point!) ;)

[​IMG]

13. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

FF is the same as IE when you have enabled javacripts. In IE you can set a specific site to not allow javascripts,etc without using an external software. To reach, do like described as above with adding sites to the restricted site's list.
    If javascript is enabled in FF (see Extra, options - third tab), all pages will set to it.
    Most sites require javescript to show properly. Use addblock (i don't have it right now installed) to browse imagevenue!

Look whats hiding in your temporary internet folder (IE) (this folder you can't see when opening through users), copy this below (xp english language) and paste in your documents,etc "Addres bar" and Enter.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    I have them (all folders on there) empty right now.

Delete flash folders (cookies):
    typ %AppData% (or through Start, my computer, local disk, documents and settings, your logging username folder, application data, macromedia and your there) the addres bar and Enter. Click on Macromedia Folder and then Flash player, Shared Objects, until you see websites names folders.
    From time to time i delete these folders.

Warning: don't delete things without knowing what they are for. :D

14. sirmartinfrobisher

sirmartinfrobisher

when Adblock for FF came out, I installed it but I found that some sites did not load if the Ads were blocked, so, reluctantly, I uninstalled it. I am still a dedicated FF person, it's easily the best browser.

15. Jetstream

Jetstream Goodnight Julia

Yeah, that happened to me once when i was 14 years old, and I was experiencing the internet for a whole two months before it happened.

I hate that gif of the two bugs fucking, it sends me into a dark place.

16. maxedout

maxedout

I suggest you use the NoScript extension as well - it allows you to selectively enable/disable javascript on a site-by-site basis.
    I've never seen an ad at imagevenue.

Also - try ImageHost Grabber extension - this adds the option to download all images from a post or thread with a single right click.
    It also works with imagebam & fapomatic as well (IIRC) and quite a few other image hosts.

rapids_x likes this.
  17. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

Im new with FF, installed it for testing. I even don't know what Adblock is doing, not looked for it :oops:
    Thanks for the info :D

18. Insomniac

Insomniac ಠ_ಠ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

neither have I (ff user)

I've never had that happen but it looks like it would suck. I'm going to stop using them.

19. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

You clicked on a boobie niple?!? That causes explosions

20. TKA1

yeah but it's usually something else and not my computer that explodes :(