1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DEBATE Allison Mack alleged to be second in command of a violent sex cult

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Wadsworth, Nov 9, 2017.

1. orwellnelson

orwellnelson 15 Year Member

Listen, we all know her defense. It will be "I was being controlled by an evil man." Her legal team will play the "Allison was just a victim" angle so hard it will make your head spin. They will try to tie it to "#MeToo" by declaring that she felt unable to resist that evil, evil man and so while it might appear that she was part of the cult leadership and a key part of the subjugation of the members, she was really just a helpless victim. I suspect she will give an "exclusive interview" to US Weekly or something like that.

Of course, her lawyers need to convince her that's the way to go, that she needs to throw the Keith Raniere under the bus and fend for herself. But if she does, it will be interesting to see the media's reaction once that begins. I suspect that her story will resonate well with a portion of the media.

2. Ice

Ice Magically delicious ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hubbx and Flippy like this.
  3. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Classic case of a plea bargain. I doubt she will get the full length as far as jailtime goes.

4. murrymurryeverywhere

murrymurryeverywhere

I doubt there was a deal in place. She'll get some consideration if she testifies against Keith Raniere, but not much. I would be shocked if she doesn't do at least 10 years and probably like 15 in a real fed prison, not a country club. There aren't many get out of jail free cards when pleading guilty to sex trafficking.

TheloniousMonk likes this.
  5. poynt

poynt ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Power Poster

she didn't plead to the sex trafficing charges though, only to two Rico charges, so may do 3-5yrs if she does testify again Keith. The only other chance to get her extra time is if the EDNY do their own trial and include all the sex related charges.

URAllFggts likes this.
  6. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

... but she looked so sweet in 'Smallville'
    [​IMG]

tipitipitipi and CaptainFan88 like this.
  7. JulioRic

JulioRic

NXIVM co-founder Nancy Salzman and her daughter Lauren Salzman pleaded guilty over the past few weeks, and jury selection began today for a scheduled April 29 start. It was reported that Mack had her attorneys working hard to come to a plea deal in recent reports, so this is not surprising.

With the judge tossing out the sex with minors charge against Keith Raniere for this trial, as those alleged crimes occurred in the Northern District, and no mention of the trafficking charges for Mack's plea, it appears likely that there will be another trial in the future. With three of the six defendants already pleading, the prosecution should have a solid stable to witnesses privy to the inner workings of the company to testify against Raniere and Clare Bronfman--and possibly Kathy Russell, though she is also said to be exploring plea conditions.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of these legal proceedings unfold.

8. wigglybutt65

wigglybutt65

You do realize that her trial is in the EDNY already

9. chirken_doose

chirken_doose 15 Year Member

God, suddenly I'm remembering how much I hated Civ Pro.

10. wigglybutt65

wigglybutt65

So the way I'm reading that Alison and the rest could still be tried in different federal districts

11. JulioRic

JulioRic

If she and the Salzmans give up everything they know about Raniere, they won't be tried. Their respective charges will be part of their plea arrangements. If they don't come through when they take the stand, plea conditions will not be met and it will be up to prosecutors hat happens then. Raniere will likely be tried in any district that can claim any jurisdiction.

12. talon5233

talon5233

Hopefully, he's tried in any, and EVERY, district that can claim jurisdiction, and gets the maximum penalty in each one.

13. chirken_doose

For better or worse, that would be double-jeopardy. Whichever district passes judgment will be the only one to do (notwithstanding a mistrial, etc).

14. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

You probably know this better than me. After all my knowledge on american laws are a bit limited and its also a bit tricky when it can be both federal and state level on crimes.

15. Flippy

They grow up quick dont they.;)

16. wigglybutt65

wigglybutt65

and if any individual state laws were broken they can go after Alisson and the rest without dounle jeopardy being involved

Flippy likes this.
  17. Clarence Boddicker

Clarence Boddicker 15 Year Member

Federal and state law has different jurisdictions and different court systems.

Hypothetically, when the feds are done with her, the state(s) can try her separately on similar or different crimes and give her a concurrent sentence if convicted.

But federal always supersedes state. So even if she was found guilty on state crimes, she’d still be serving her time in a federal prison if convicted of fed crimes. It would be up to the judge(s) if the sentences would run concurrently or individually.

If she was sentenced to, say, nine years in federal prison, and the state sentenced her to 13 years in prison, when she was done serving the federal crimes, she would then go serve the rest of her state sentence.

But there’s so many lawyers involved in this right now, it’s impossible to know what’s going to happen.

If she and her cohorts flip on the main guy, prosecutors could be inclined to give her a sweetheart deal where she serves little to no prison time and probably has many many years of probation to look forward to.

Since time immemorial, the rule has always been “the person who flips first gets the best deal.“

CaptainFan88 and Flippy like this.
  18. Clarence Boddicker

Ultimately, in my opinion, she probably pleads down to a lesser charge and serves a short sentence in a minimum security prison.

I don’t think she’s a threat to herself or others right now. And she’s a Hollywood celebrity, albeit a very low grade Hollywood celebrity.

Prosecutors in this case probably want bigger names, and she can probably give it to them.

Flippy likes this.
  19. Clarence Boddicker

Also, let this be a lesson: don’t join sex cults. Also don’t join cults, period.

20. chirken_doose

Not even the cool ones? Bah, you're no fun. :p

hammertime4444 and CaptainFan88 like this.