1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT FEW DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Amateur X-Ray Thread (NEW)

Discussion in 'Amateur Model Forum' started by kumdoin2004, Feb 23, 2007.

1. raydavies29

raydavies29

2. c-through

c-through I see naked people! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I try not to let the 10% that are bad ruin it for the rest of the patient people out there. I do wish more could just follow the simple rules I've asked them to more often though, as it does tend to get a little frustrating at times! I came in the amateur thread when the celeb thread was kind of lacking good photos to work on, and it does make for some good practice. I know the appeal isn't as far reaching as it's mostly the submitters that care about their pics, but it's kind of fun seeing people that don't expect to be shown naked, naked!

Just to reiterate the rules for those that may have A.D.D. and may not have read back through the thread:

1.) 4 pics MAXIMUM until I get a chance to get to your first request, please don't post more or I won't evaluate any of them.

2.) Use an external file host (like the ones in my signature) that will give you code to paste in and generate a thumbnail link to the larger image. If you paste it in and you don't see the thumbnail image after posting, keep editing the post till it comes out right.

3.) YES, there is an 'edit' button - it's on the right side of your post, and you can use it to correct any errors you may have made. Please use it!!! I don't like to see a sloppy thread with tons of "oops" "my bad" or "how does this work" posts. Once you get it figured out, clean up after yourself by editing your posts.

4.) Act civilized - if you're an ass-hat, no need to post in this thread. Most of my pics take 30-45 minutes or more to complete, so if they can be done, it will take some time, and there are usually far more requests than I can grant in a day, so be patient, and look at the page numbers of my posts to determine where I am currently working. No need to post "did you get to me yet?" responses. If you see the page number yours were on any your username is not there, that means I didn't have any luck, and I do evaluate all pics that are requested.

5.) Can I help out? Sure! Get a copy of PhotoShop and join in the fun, but please don't think it's just a matter of fading out the clothing and drawing or burning in nipples at random - What I do it manipulate the brightness & contrast mostly to bring out the hidden details, then once I know where things are, I'll start working & colorizing different sections to enhance the revealed details. You can look at the link in my signature for a "how-to" and PhotoShop example project you can download. Remember, not all pictures can be done, so don't get discouraged if yours don't work out the first time!

6.) What makes a good X-ray candidate? I'm glad you asked:

The technique requires a little bit of light to penetrate the clothes and bounce back off the skin or surface features (like visibly hard nipples) to get much detail, so a good strong flash helps in lower light conditions. single-color bathing suits are best, especially when wet, so don't forget to take you camera to the beach! Light weight sun-dresses, thin & tight T-shirts, or lingerie shots are also usually good candidates. Out-of-focus, low light, high contrast stripes/polka dots/floral patterns, heavy sweaters, leather, denim, or pics where they are obviously wearing bras usually don't make good candidates.

Also, the angle and size of the shot matters too - side or back shots are not good. Try to get a shot straight on, with the sun behind you (not behind the girl shining in the lens) for best results. The bigger the pic the better - if it's a tiny picture off of a website, they almost never work.

bobby3344 and Amphotog like this.
  3. sharpie1

sharpie1

hope you can have some fun with this! :)

[​IMG]

4. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

Well said c-through. Lets hope people read that.

5. dragicon

dragicon

you sir, are a god. If i had hoards of women around me, believe me, i would send them your direction. Unfortunately i do not have hoards of women.... but thank you again for helping a bro out.

6. Photoshop Apprentice

Photoshop Apprentice

I have been lurking around this thread for quite some time, and have decided that it was finally time to register.

I made this debut in the celebrity Xray thread, but will repeat here. I was first introduced to the photoshop xray phenomenon in a thread started by Daravin at OneClickChicks.com and was completely amazed at the capability of Photoshop CS3. So I downloaded it and for the last few weeks have been sharpening my Xray skills. I stumbled on the absolutely awesome celebrity thread; let me just say that the xray posts made by Terrapin, MollyMutt, C-Through, and other various posters are absolutely top notch; there are very few threads that can hold their own with such awesome content through 271 pages! Also a great job to the modulators, for cleaning up the arrogant remarks and other disparaging comments that so often pollute xray threads.

I will be putting up some of my own xray posts, as soon as I can figure out how to properly do so, as a way of making some meager contribution to the celebrity thread, but I will also try my hand at some of the requests in this amateur thread. Hopefully I can lend a helping hand to Raydavies and C-through for all the awesome work they have done!

Amphotog likes this.
  7. Photoshop Apprentice

Photoshop Apprentice

Here is one I did recently. Sorry for the blurred out faces, but anything done of anyone I know will be likewise censored.

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think or, if you can do better, I would love to see it!

DrGontzo and Amphotog like this.
  8. c-through

Not a bad effort - I tried doing the un-enhanced side of the pic, but couldn't pull up anything besides her bra. Was the original pic any larger?

As a tip for a beginner, I'd advise not to use the Dodge & Burn tools to try to expose details, as they can often bring things into existence that may not actually be there depending on how you use them. Stick to the Brightness/Contrast, and Hue/Saturation/Lightness controls as they will give you a more true indication of what lies beneath without altering individual areas. This isn't about making stuff up that you can't back up - I can show proof on any pic I've done, and it should be re-producible by anyone using the same techniques as well. Personally I won't do a pic if I can't get all the key details like the size of the areolas, not just the nipple tips, as without that info you're just guessing & making it up.

Not all pics have enough detail to enhance or X-ray, so don't get discouraged. Also, don't force it - you don't have to become a hero overnight by making it up. I'd rather see you post nothing than a bunch of hacked up pics as some have done in the past. I'd be happy to critique and help guide you along the way as you learn though. After you've been doing it a while it'll come easier and you'll be able to spot the pics that are more likely to yield good results.

If you want to try a relatively easy one, start with the pic I just did that was posted by dragicon a couple posts above.

BTW - welcome to Phun! :)

alcalatec and Amphotog like this.
  9. Photoshop Apprentice

Photoshop Apprentice

Thanks C-through for the welcome!

It turns out that while saving the photoshop file, I didn't save it in the highest quality, so here is the original file.

[​IMG]

And here is what I ended up with after playing with the color balance, brightness and contrast.

[​IMG]

These are the details I used to pull the nipples; I find that the one on the left is dubious, but the one on the right seems more obvious. Am I misinterpreting the picture? I would be interested to see what you came up with, especially using the higher quality pic.

One quick question: How do you quote when responding in a thread? Thanks!

10. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

klick on "quote" in the right corner at the bottom of the post you want to quote from.

11. c-through

That's why I usually post the original pic separate from the enhanced instead of saving them into one, as you can often lose some detail on the original by compressing it again.

On the nips I can't really tell for sure - the position looks about right, so it's possible, but the pic is kinda small to really tell 100%. If she didn't have on the bra, I'd say we'd know better what's there.

On the quote issue, just click on the "Quote" button on the right-hand side of the post you want to quote and it'll copy the info and you can reply below. If I'm responding right below the post though, I don't bother as it just clutters up the thread unless you're responding to a specific part of the previous post.

12. Photoshop Apprentice

Photoshop Apprentice

Here is the last request in the other amateur thread (now closed) for Xrayfan. All I did was tweak the contrast/brightness, and play with the hues a bit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As for the girl on the left, it appears that that lock of hair is taunting us and covering the nipple.

13. Baller30

Baller30

Just wondering if you got to mine yet?? Not trying to rush, just wanted to make sure I haven't missed it yet!! It's on page 63,

Thanks, Keep up the great work!!

14. c-through

C'mon man, I just got done saying this - don't be a 10-percenter Baller. All you gotta do is look back a couple pages to see the last page number I listed.

15. thecarvertuck

thecarvertuck

Can someone please try these. I think these should definately work!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Baller30

Baller30

My bad I wasn't trying to be, just figured I would ask.

I give you much props for what you do!!

17. cdeez

cdeez

[​IMG]

thank ya in advance

18. raydavies29

raydavies29

19. kulitepatel

kulitepatel

20. hotdoggin

hotdoggin

sorry bout that...