1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Bass Drum head design... can I get some help?

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by maDDrummer, Jul 23, 2009.

1. maDDrummer

maDDrummer

I didn't wanna put this in the request thread cuz I don't want it to get lost as I really need some help. but if that's where this should be, then move it.

I don't know how hard this would be to do, but some of you guys are so talented at this graphic art stuff so I figured I'd ask. I do not have a photoshop program, nor would I have any clue how to use one. I know a lot of you don't know me very well... I used to be "voltron" on here (lol), and never ventured out much from the celeb forum. any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. all I can say is that your artwork would be seen by a lot of ppl. we have lots of shows coming up, and I want my kit to look the best it can.

basically, I need help with designing some artwork for my bass drum. I already have a customized head with my band's logo, but it's red and my kit is blue... I just don't like it. what I wanna do is change the color of our logo to white and add Metallica's "Damage Inc" graphic underneath it. I play for a Metallica tribute band called Damage Inc. it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be that graphic... it was just my original concept cuz it's obviously most fitting.

ok, so below I have our logo, some pics of my kit so you can see the colors I'm dealing with, my existing artwork that DrumArt did for me, and some crappy quality Damage Inc graphics (I can't find any good ones). this will obviously be on a circular template so that would be best. but they can apply it from a rectangular template as well. I don't know if I should go all black and white or use the color version of the graphic. and IN the graphic, I'd wanna remove the existing Damage Inc lettering. I'd prolly also wanna remove the lightning bolts from our logo. you can see they stop short because they took the design from our rectangular logo. I dunno... it's all up for suggestions. the higher res, the better too.

thanks for listening to all my :spam:. here's what I'm working with...

our logo...

[​IMG]

full-size thumb​
    [​IMG]

DrumArt's work. and keep in mind that the port-hole will be there as shown...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

the only pics I could find of The Damage Inc graphic... I will keep looking...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

[​IMG]

Something quick, if something should be changed just let it know.

maDDrummer likes this.
  3. jaykickin

jaykickin

4. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

another suggestion:
    [​IMG]

maDDrummer likes this.
  5. maDDrummer

maDDrummer

awesome guys... thx a lot!

Cold, that's absolutely perfect as far as the logo goes. I can see now how much better the white will look. and I like it without the lightning. is it possible to smooth out the edges?

jaykickin, that is super cool how you laid the image behind the logo. this is DEFINITELY an option. but your image link doesn't work. can you fix that so I can see it better? and can you do it with Cold's logo (without the lightning)?

cupofcoffe00, this is pretty much exactly what I had in mind... putting the graphic to the left of the port-hole and under the logo. any way you can make this bigger? if I could get this at the original full-size like what Cold did, that'd be awesome. the higher res and quality, the better it will come out on the head. and I think I wanna go without the lightning for this.

I really appreciate the help guys... thx again!

6. Cold As Ice

jaykickin and maDDrummer like this.
  7. bingoofsweden

bingoofsweden

Oooh I thought it said Drum'n'bass....

8. Cold As Ice

maDDrummer can you tell which font it is? Then i/we can get the lettering smooth.

9. Nemesis

Nemesis

So, I gave this a go, and came up with this:

[​IMG]

Not sure about this, but you might have to get Brian Schroeder's (Pushead) approval to use his pic. (??)

maDDrummer likes this.
  10. Innu3ndo

Innu3ndo

maDDrummer and Cold As Ice like this.
  11. Nemesis

Nemesis

It's actually a mix of Pastor of Muppets, Pastor of Muppets Flipped, & MetallicA OLD. ;)

Flipped

MetallicA OLD

maDDrummer and Cold As Ice like this.
  12. Cold As Ice

Now i need to find a way to get that shading right.

13. Innu3ndo

Innu3ndo

Text only as accurate as I could re-create it...

[​IMG]

1200x500px PNG:

[​IMG]

14. jaykickin

jaykickin

Rock n Roll!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

maDDrummer likes this.
  15. TheOne

sure.. no lightning bolts 4000px
    [​IMG]

maDDrummer likes this.
  16. Cold As Ice

With the help of what Innu3ndo made i came up with:

[​IMG]

The logo Innu3ndo made was a great help.

Innu3ndo and maDDrummer like this.
  17. maDDrummer

maDDrummer

that's cool as hell Nem, but I wanna keep our logo on it. thanks man!

glad YOU knew that cuz I had no clue, lol

this is PERFECT for the logo and is what I will use for sure. thank you Innu3ndo!

awesome Jay. can you put this on a circular background? the scale and placement of the graphic on this would be about perfect for the head. thank you.

this is cool but the logo is a lil TOO white. I'm gonna go with what Innu3ndo did for the logo. thanks a lot for this though.

now we're getting close! this is my fav so far. the only problem is that with the graphic being in the center, the port-hole will knock some of it out. if you could shift it over to the left a bit, that'd be great. I also wanna get rid of the Damage Inc lettering on it as I already have our name on top. and once again, can I get this on a circular template? it's just easier to see how it will translate to the head. you da man Cold... thanks!

I hate to nitpick everything guys, but I have to get this right the first time. it costs over $100 to have this done and I'm not made of money, lol. really appreciate everyone's work here. thank you.

big show tonight... I'm ready to ROCK! :icon_headbang:

18. maDDrummer

maDDrummer

I was also thinkin bout maybe keeping it plain and simple. maybe go without the graphic all together. if so, it'd be cool to give the lettering a slight blueish hue to match my kit. and in that case, maybe the lightning bolts would look good. how hard would it be to extend the lightning?

19. Cold As Ice

[​IMG]

maDDrummer likes this.
  20. TheOne

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

maDDrummer and jaykickin like this.